Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bj SrinivasaYour feedback matters!
If a patient is in the last stage of cancer, is there any chance that he cam survive and recover back?
Hi my father is suffering in lever cancer last stage can I know how can possible to cure the cancer?
What is the causes of blood cancer and its symptoms how we prevent from blood cancer. What type of medicine we should take?
I found to have a small ball -like structure in my breast. IS IT A SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER? PLEASE ANSWER as soon as possible.
Prostate is enlarged in size, interfaces are clear. No calculus or any focal SOL is seen. Prostate gland measures : 4.0 CMS * 3.6 CMS* 3.3 CMS. Prostatic wt - 25 gms. What to do. It can be diagnosed by medicine. Or not . Please help.
My aunt has initial stage of Breast cancer & have removed left breast. Now Chemo therapy needs to be started. Doctor suggested Cup therapy or Vein therapy. Kindly suggest which is better therapy?
Hii Dr. please suggest what to do for release pain after press boobs hardly first time? A day before yesterday I press boob of my wife first time during foreplay. But after that she have pain there from last two days. Can I have suggestions for release that pain?
How to loose weight from 67 to 60. Also Pls help me regarding my breasts problem, as there is some milky discharge for 5-6 days only, not every month but alternatively. Its since one year. There itching also in d breast during this discharge. What tests could be done for it. Pls let me know.
The oral cavity consists of the lips, gums, teeth, cheeks (buccal mucosa), the frontal 66% of the tongue, the hard top of the mouth (hard palate), the floor of the mouth beneath the tongue and the region behind the wisdom teeth (retromolar trigone). Development of oropharyngeal cancer occurs in the region of the throat behind the mouth, called the oropharynx. The oropharynx starts where the oral depression closes.
The World Health Organization states that oral cancer ranks eleventh in terms of the common cancer around the world. It is commonly found in men and its spread is slightly higher in developing countries. Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco contributes to around 90% of oral cavity cancer cases.
Cancerous oral growth is dealt with procedures which are similar to treatments of different cancers i.e. with the assistance of surgery followed by radiation treatment. In radiation treatments, patients may need to manage the various side effects. Specialists at the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) along with the Regional Cancer Centre in Kerala have made a mouthwash utilizing herbal substances, as recommended in Ayurveda, which can help in diminishing the intense amount of pain in patients experiencing radiation therapy for oral cancer.
Other important Ayurvedic remedies may entail the following:
- Lemon: A deficiency of vitamin C is experienced in the body once you are diagnosed with oral cancer. Therefore, consuming fresh lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C, around 3 to 4 times a day, is very helpful
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in 'beta-carotene' which is considered to be an anti-cancer nutrient. It is recommended for patients suffering from oral cancer since it is a source of antioxidants. Consumption of at least 1 glass of carrot juice per day helps in fighting this form of cancer.
- Grape Seed: The seeds of the grapefruit are rich in antioxidants which help to destroy the radical cells. These radical cells damage the cells present in the mouth, thus causing oral cancer. The vitamin E, C and beta-carotene present in grapes strengthen the immunity system. The grapes should be crushed to form a paste and the liquid should be strained to form a juice. Consume this juice 3-4 times in a day.
- Bitter gourd: It is rich in alpha eleostearic acid, which helps in elimination of cancerous cells without affecting the normal ones.
From the past 2-3 days blood is coming along with bulgum from my nose! Is it sign of a cancer? I have stopped smoking 1 month ago and was a casual smoker not chain!
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential. Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer;
- No symptoms at first: Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
- Abnormal bloating: Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
- Feeling full quickly: This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weight loss: This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
- Discomfort in the pelvis area: This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
- Constipation: Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
- Frequent urination: This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
Causes: As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
- Surgery: Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.
Here are some current approaches to cancer pain management: