Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bj SrinivasaYour feedback matters!
My dad who's age 47 nw had stones in pancreas of 10mm later by ercp method they have removed the stones but my dad was having severe abdomen n back pains so contacting doctors found its pancreatic cancer n it was in 1st stage n during d surgery process cancer was in stage 2a. They removed bile duct, gallbladder, head of pancreas as far as I know, next which treatment should be given chemo or radiotherapy & I want to know how many days he will survive plss tell me with the experience of patients. I don't want to loose my dad so soon we need him pls!
I went for abdominal pelvic trasonography and as per results my prostate is. Moderately enlarged in size. Also parenchymal calcification noted. It measures 4.9:x3. 8x4.0 CMS.(vol. _40 cc). Impression is moderate prostatomegally. Consulting Doctor advice surgery. I am 59 years old male and diabetic. Though I can't control urination no problem while passing urine. Please let me know if surgery is required and if it can be cured through medicine. Thanks.
Hi Madam / Sir, Recently my Mom diagnose with a Brest Cancer, Her age is 64, Now all tests are going at Cancer Hospital, their doctors are suggesting to go for "KEMO" but now her weight is 45 kg. Few doctors are saying to go for KEMO some are saying no to go with it. Kindly suggest that shall she can able to cure with Ayurvedic treatment without going for KEMO , Doctor's are saying she is in second stage. Please help me sir.
Most breast lumps are not cancerous
True or False
Don’t panic if you find a lump. Most aren’t cancer. Many women have lumps caused by fluid-filled sacs called cysts or a buildup of scar-like tissue. But a new lump or mass that is hard, painless, and has rough edges may be more likely to be cancer. Breast cancers also can be tender, soft, or round.
Watch for breast pain, swelling, dimpling, nipples that hurt or leak liquid, or any redness or thickening of the skin. Always see your doctor if you notice anything different.
Hello doctor. She has a fibroid in breast. Examined it by a gynecologist. It is only common fibroid. Doctor said no problem. Can she cure it without surgery?
Hello sir. I am 37 and diagnosed with stage 1ovarian cancer. Operated .Got six sessions of chemotherapy. And now cancer free. Before operation I had a blood filled mole at the front of foot thumb as I read somewhere that it is a first symbol of cancer. As it is dried little bit. I want to know is there any problem with this mole? As I want to remove it. And secondly can I get marry?
What is the blood Cancer. What is the is the effect of blood cancer in human body. How to stop the blood cancer in human body. And how to treat brain tumor?
What is the treatment for various tumors in body? Why they are coming for all ages groups? Any responses.
My father is 86 year old. He has the problem of urinating very frequently especially at nite. Last Nov 2015 we visited a good hospital at our dimapur city by name Zion hospital. After consultation & test the doctor said he has prostrate problem. Wen I consulted a friend. He told me that through surgery it could be cure. My question can the surgery be possible for my dad with his old age. Please reply me soon.
Does consumption of Beer occasionally will be healthy? Will it be reduce or one of the factor to reduce cancer. Then what life style we have to adopt to reduce cancer.
Hi I'm a 23 years old girl. Sometimes I feel pain in my breasts and if I squeeze a little amount of grey liquid comes out of it. Is it normal at this age?
A breast lump is a restricted swelling, projection, lump or knot in the breast that doesn't feel like a breast tissue. There are diverse reasons why breast lumps occur.
Not all lumps are cancer. These can also be breast conditions that are not harmful and which can be easily curable.Knots that feel harder or are not the same as the rest of the breast need to be checked. This kind of irregularity might be an indication of breast cancer.
A self-examination should be your starting point. This is how you can detect a lump on your own:
Step 1: Begin by taking a look at your breast in the mirror. Keep your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
This is what you need to search for:
- Breasts that are their typical size, shape, and shading
- Breasts that are uniformly formed without distortion or swelling
In the event that you see any of the changes mentioned below, convey them to your doctor:
- Dimpling, puckering, or protruding of the skin
- A nipple that is not in its initial position
- Redness, rash or swelling
Step 2: Now, raise your arms and look for the changes mentioned above.
Step 3: While you're in front of the mirror, search for any indications of liquid or blood discharge from the nipples.
Step 4: Next, examine your breasts while resting.Use Your right hand to feel your left breast and use your left hand to feel your right breast. Cover the whole breast from your collarbone to the highest point of your mid-region, and from your armpit to your cleavage to search for any lumps.
Step 5:Examine your breasts while either standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest approach to examine their breasts is when their skin is wet, so this step could be done while taking a bath as well.
- Mammogram: Mammography is a technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumours of the breasts.
- Breast ultrasound: Breast ultrasound utilises sound waves to create pictures of the breasts from the inside.
- Breast MRI:This involves using an effective and attractive field, and radio frequency pulses to create photos of the insides of the breasts.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: During this sort of biopsy, utilising ultrasound imaging to discover the bump, a radiologist will give you anesthesia and afterward insert a needle into the lump to evacuate some tissue for assessment under a magnifying lens. Stereotactic biopsy and an X-ray-guided biopsy may also be used.
- In case the knot turns out to be cancerous, surgery is typically performed.
- You may have a few discussions with different doctors for additional treatment, including radiation treatment and chemotherapy or hormone treatment.
Radiotherapy is a kind of treatment that kills the cancer cells by using high energy beams. Specialists use radiotherapy to treat a wide range of lung cancer. For early stage lung cancer, the radiotherapy may get rid of the cancer totally. For the small cell lung cancer you may have radiotherapy only. Then again you may have it with another treatment, for example, chemotherapy or surgery.
For small cell lung cancer, radiotherapy is used with or after chemotherapy. Chemotherapy makes the tumor in the lung shrink. You may have radiotherapy to your cerebrum, which tackles any cancer cells that may have spread to the brain. This is called prophylactic cranial illumination (PCI). In case of advanced lung cancer, the treatment contracts the tumor and controls it for a while. It additionally decreases symptoms like shortness of breath.
The types of radiotherapy used for the lungs include:
Outer radiotherapy: This kind of radiotherapy comes from a machine and is administered to the body through an external source. It depends on the kind of cancer and the progression of the same. You may have three radiotherapy sittings every day for around 12 days. This sort of radiotherapy is known as CHART ceaseless hyperfractionated quickened radiotherapy. A few people with small cell lung cancer may have treatment twice a day. If you are getting radiotherapy to control the side effects of lung cancer, you may have a single treatment or day by day medications for up to 3 weeks.
Inner radiotherapy: This is called brachytherapy or endobronchial treatment. This will be administered during a bronchoscopy. The radiation is given through a thin tube that the specialist puts inside your aviation route for a few of minutes. Specialists use this sort of treatment to shrink a tumor that is blocking or pushing your breathing track and making breathing troublesome for you.
These are some of the procedures that take place while you are having lung cancer radiotherapy:
- Radiotherapy machines are enormous. The machines are fixed in one position or are sometimes ready to go around your body to give treatment from various angles.
- Prior to your first treatment, your radiographers will clarify what you will hear and see. The treatment room normally have docks for you to connect to music players. So you can listen to your own choice of music.
- You cannot feel radiotherapy when you really have the treatment. It takes anything from one second to a few minutes. It is essential to lie similarly situated every time, so the radiographers may take a short time to get you prepared.
- Once you are in the right position, the staff will allow you to sit in the space for a couple of minutes. They watch you constantly on a closed circuit TV screen. They may request that you hold your breath or take shallow breaths during the treatment.