Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Binu MathewsYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from talking problem. Specially some character not outing from my mouth. By some time this words can out.
Sir my teeth split broken in two sir please help to treat I scared about its too pain full so please reply me sir its pain full operation?
My teeth appear so yellowish. Even brushing of my teeth looks yellow. How can it will be remove nd make it whitish.
Ia 42 years female am having severe toothache, already night 1 dolokind plus taken, now i am having severe pa shall I take one more painkiller now?
Sir I have some problem for my teeth. I have put steel in my teeth now 3 years have finished but now no tighting. Please advise.
It's a common question. Does Mouth wash really removes cavities and bad breath? Using Mouth wash daily is a good practice? If yes, which mouth wash is best? Can I use Listerine? - Thanks.
Tooth sensitivity is something that affects a number of people. It is often caused by eating or drinking something hot, cold, sweet or acidic. Under normal conditions, the underlying dentin of the tooth (the layer that immediately surrounds the nerve) is covered by the enamel in the tooth crown, and the gums that surround the tooth. Over time, the enamel covering can get thinner, thus providing less protection. The gums can also recede over time, exposing the underlying root surface dentin.
The dentin contains a large numbers of pores or tubes that run from the outside of the tooth to the nerve in the center. When the dentin is exposed, these tubes can be stimulated by changes in temperature or certain foods.
What causes it?
Exposure of the dentin can occur due to a number of factors. Some of the more common reasons are:
- Gum recession due to age or improper tooth brushing.
- Acidic beverages (such as soda) that cause enamel erosion and dentin exposure.
- Tooth grinding : this may actually cause most or all of the teeth to feel sensitive.
- Brushing with a very abrasive toothpaste, brushing incorrectly and/or brushing more than three times a day could result in a loss of enamel.
- Gum disease, which can result in gum recession.
- A chipped or fractured tooth may expose the dentin.
In addition, some dental treatments can cause sensitivity. Treatments such as such as teeth whitening, professional dental cleanings, having braces put on or getting a filling placed have been known to cause sensitivity during or after the procedure.
What can I do about it?
The first step in doing something about dental sensitivity is to find out what the cause is – a dental professional can help you with this.
If the sensitivity is due to a cavity, a restoration can be placed. If gum disease is the cause, the dental professional can perform a thorough cleaning of the area.
If the sensitivity is due to exposed dentin, there are a number of steps you can take, as can your dental professional, to help reduce the sensitivity. These can include:
- At Home:
- Use a very soft bristle tooth brush, with low abrasive tooth paste.
- Brush correctly and do not over brush.
- Use a tooth paste specially formulated to soothe the nerve endings in the tooth.
- Use a high concentration fluoride toothpaste (given to you by the dental professional) to strengthen the tooth surface.
- The dental professional can:
- In Office Procedures:
- Fluoride varnish can be applied to exposed areas, strengthening the enamel and dentin.
- Fluoride foam or gel can be placed into a mouth tray; you then sit with this in your mouth for 3-5 minutes, providing the teeth with a high concentration of fluoride to strengthen the areas.
- Bonding agent, the material used to stick tooth colored restorations to teeth, can be used to seal the dentin surface and provide a barrier to the stimuli that cause sensitivity.
In the end, whether you need an in-office procedure or over-the-counter products, the most important step is to see a dental professional so that he or she can determine the cause of the tooth sensitivity and help you find a solution that will work.
I want to ask that how can we remove the yellowness of our teethes as it is a common thing in most of us and I want to know its solution?
Toothache is perhaps one of the most abhorred form of body ache, which can potentially stall the normalcy of our lives to a great extent. Although seemingly non-hazardous, toothache can also lead to severe health implications. The dental health often indexes the condition of the heart and hence, should not be taken lightly. Toothache usually emanate from cavities or gum infection. While there are multiple cures for the same, these are the types of ailments, which are laden with the risk of relapse. The last minute rush to the dentist may buy temporary relieve from the excruciating pain, but what you should actually look for is a more holistic and sustained cure. Homeopathy brings all the benefits of natural herbs and traditional condiments to ensure your well-being and provide substantial relief from the menace that toothache can be. Some of the most reliable cures have been listed below.
- Merc Sol: This is a very beneficial remedy for toothaches which are accompanied by increased salivation and swelling in the gum. This brings additional warmth to the gums which largely mitigate the pain.
- Coffea: Coffea functions as an effective adjuvant to cold water in decreasing toothaches. It works best on increased sensitivity and irritability and cures them both to a large extent.
- Sepia: Sometimes excessive intake of sweets leaves a bitter aftertaste in one’s mouth, resulting in unbearable toothaches. The ringing pain often spreads to the ears and the gums also get swollen. Sepia sufficiently pacifies such agitation.
- Kreosote: Kreosote relieves those extreme kinds of toothache which reach up to the temples and induce sleeplessness in the patient. It also cures ulcerated gums.
- Mezereum: Mezereum purifies dental health from its very roots. It reduces toothache from spreading and stalls the decay at the very roots. Mezereum soothes acute sensitivity and a constant ringing sensation in the temples and the ears of the patient.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is a very beneficial natural Homeopathic medicine for toothache when the patient turns irritable, mad and wild with severe tooth pain. The pain in teeth is totally unbearable. Mental agitation with toothache calls for the use of Chamomilla.
- Plantago, Spigelia and Magnesium Phos: For the pain in teeth that extends to ear, natural Homeopathic medicine Plantago is the appropriate remedy. For the neuralgic pain in face on right side due to toothache, Homeopathic medicine Magnesium Phos is the best medicine. And to deal with nerve pain extending from teeth to left side of face, Spigelia is the ideal Homeopathic remedy.
There are various other drugs also which are of immense benefit in toothache and also for the cutting of wisdom tooth. Well, the overall constitution plays a major role in deciding upon the remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.