Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Bijai KurianYour feedback matters!
My feet and palms swells if I am in a position for 10 mins or so. Even when I sleep and wake up my feet palms and face swells. But if I keep moving then it reduces. I feel very tired too. I underwent treatment for anemia 3 yrs ago. My hemoglobin count was 7 at that time. Since then I take dates and honey regularly. Am I getting anemic again?
I am 14 year make and I got my back injured when I fell in school ground while playing kabaddi. My pain is from 1 week. What should I do to reduce my pain?
I am Having pain in the toe fingers and heel in both feet. Can't stand at one place for more than a minute.
I am 23 years old and I have backache from last 8 days and I don't know how to get rid of this can you please help me out?
I am 20 year old male and have back pain and used many pain killer but no relief. please give me your advice.
I am 34 year female I have lower back pain at the end of my spine and also in my left upper thigh I could not find where pain exactly but when I sit, sleep or walk then it' s pain full please suggest I also had high bp I am taking pills olmax am
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
I had a partial ligament ACL tear around 10 months back, I had consulted a physiotherapist although it has recovered but I still have pain while doing any physical activity. Is it advisable to wear a knee cap and if yes please suggest which one to purchase.
I can feel cracking sound from my knees once I bend my knees between 135- 90 degrees The doctor has diagnosed osteoarthritis and advised not to climb stairs. I do not have constant pain, but If I walk 2-3 km, I feel pain on my back/pelvis. My mother has acute OA and she find it difficult to move and cannot travel more than 5-10 meters that to with support. What exercise do you suggest to delay any surgery or knee transplant op in future ?
I have neck pain for over 15 day. I thik any vein or muscle of my neck has been disturbed. The pain arise over back portion of my neck. Please tell me some home remedies for this problem. Because my studies are affected due to this.
I am suffering from chikungunya, please provide me d best available remedies to cure this severe joint suffering diseases.
I'm feel unhealthy over the last few days and I'm saying it because I feel that I'm not taking a fair enough diet (very less proteins, average fruits & vegetables). Currently I'm suffering from Sciatic nerve pain and I was advised to do Strengthening exercises. However, I'm really concerned about other lack of nutrients. Is there any Tests in specific that I can take to find out what nutrition should I take in particular to fulfill a balanced healthy diet?
I am 25 years old and suffering from rheumatoid arthritis from past 3 years. I am felling pain and swelling in knee joints, elbow joints and others too. So is there ways to reverse joint damage causes by arthritis?
Sir meri mom ko sujan ki problem hai. Mediation lete wakt sujan utar jaati hai. Pehle unhe seene me dard tha to medition se thik ho gayi thi. Lekin ab fir wahi problem hai. Stomach gas problem bhi hai. Koi bhi permanent solution nahi mil raha hai. Please help me.
I qm suffering for back pain heavily how can I relief from that it's paining in sleeping and doing work also. Is there any solution to recover that one.
Sciatica is a very common neuropathic pain that is caused by damage to the sciatic nerve, a large nerve that runs from the lower back region down the end of each leg. It is the largest single nerve in the body.
This condition affects around 4 out of 10 people at some point of their lives. The nature of the pain varies from a mild ache to a sharp stinging sensation and may cause feelings of numbness and extreme weakness.
The causes for the onset of sciatica are numerous. Some of them are as follows:
- Slipped lumbar disc
- Muscle inflammation
- Internal bleeding
- Awkward sleeping position
- Uncomfortable footwear
- Spinal injury
How can physical therapy help?
There are many ways of treating sciatica such as medication, acupuncture and surgery, which can provide relief. The most common and easy treatment method however is physical therapy. A progressive and controlled exercise routine that is specifically tailored to the nature of the condition in consultation with a physical therapist acts as an effective remedy in treating the problem. It alleviates pain and also eliminates the chances of relapse.
Physical therapy exercises used to treat sciatica are of many types. These are a combination of core strengthening, muscular stretching and aerobic conditioning routines, which aim at correcting the root of the problem.
The different types of exercises employed to treat sciatica include the following:
1. Strengthening exercises: These aim at strengthening the spinal column and the pelvic region, which includes the hips and buttocks. They help in making the muscles and ligaments in this region more robust and allow for improved flexibility and support. Lunges and squats are some of the examples.
2. Stretching exercises: These provide pain relief through improved agility and flexibility. The most important aspect of these routines is stretching and exercising the hamstring. Hamstring, stretches, calf stretches and tricep stretches are a part of stretching exercises.
3. Aerobic conditioning: These are cardiovascular exercises of low intensity, which provide pain relief through the release of endorphins and the facilitation of fluid and nutrient exchange. Examples of these are swimming and brisk walking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.