Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Bhuvan PrashantYour feedback matters!
I am sukesh kumar 23 from noida I have lower back problem I tried all things toh reduce relief but failed . What can I do for my back .
I have got a partial tear in Anterior Cruciate Ligament. I want to know whether running or skipping or any gym exercises effect my leg or what?
I have mild scalp numbness or pin like sensation on the right side of head alone. I feel this whenever I comb or run my hands in that area. What could be the causes? History: Had a loop ileostomy 6 years ago that was closed within 3 months. The ileostomy had been put temporarily to treat abdominal TB and adhesion. Otherwise have been healthy and normal for past 6 years.
Hi, I am suffering from cervical spine. Lots pain in evening & morning time on neck. Swelling on neck and sometime feel like unconscious.
Hi sir, am 42years old lady from Bangalore, due to this hot weather I had started to go with cold water for drinking, cold water bath and in food system also started to have all watery fruits. From few days my legs and arms are swelled. And I got cold. From 2 days am getting pain in my left side chest. please suggest me.
I am now 42 having BP rate 100/150 is suffering from pain in both legs including knees since few months. Taken pain killer tabs like zerodol P whenever felt unbearable. But wanna get completely relieved from that. Kindly suggest. More over I am a chain smoker want to quit smoking. But could not be able to quit smoking. Kindly suggest.
I have back pain. Mri reports shows gade1 anterior lysthesis of l4 over l5 with probable spondylolysis interarticularis of l4 vertebra.
Hi, I am 25 year old I work too much online due to which I have backache and I cant sit in a proper manner. Its very painful. Please suggest me some measures.
I am 23 years old. I am married I feel weakness specially my legs not comfortable in the time. I am doing sitting job. This is not effective my legs. What I do for it.?
The human body is able to move fluidly because there are various joints, muscles, tendons and cartilages that work together to make this happen. Movements of the hands, legs, back, hips, knees and wrists are controlled this way. For various reasons, however, these tissues grow stiff, thereby, reducing free movement. Any movement causes pain and stiffness and swelling of the joints, which forces the patient to reduce physical activity. This reduced activity further leads to the joints becoming stiff, thus putting the patient in a difficult position.
What causes it?
The ends of the bone are covered by softer tissue called cartilage, which is responsible for allowing the free movement. In patients with osteoarthritis, this cartilage is lost and the bones rub against each other, producing pain and a crackling sound with the movement. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Age is the most common cause for osteoarthritis, with lifestyle habits playing a major role in this condition. Most joints would be affected here.
- Obesity is another major cause for osteoarthritis, as the additional weight of the person puts extra pressure on the knees and the legs, leading to the wearing of the joints. The back and lower extremities are more affected than the hands in this case.
- Joint injuries are another common cause for osteoarthritis, which is more localised to the area of injury.
What are the signs and symptoms?
As noted already, painful movement is the most common symptom of osteoarthritis. There could also be swelling and redness around the affected joint(s).
Diagnosis: The doctor will usually be able to identify osteoarthritis after an examination, but in some cases, an X-ray or MRI may be required to confirm the diagnosis.
The treatment for osteoarthritis is multipronged.
- For immediate relief of the pain, non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs are used. In cases of localised symptoms, even topical creams or gels may be used.
- Weight loss is extremely essential, if there is obesity that is causing the osteoarthritis.
- Vitamins and supplements in good amounts can improve bone health and help in preventing and reversing the damage in some patients.
- Heat therapy has proven to be quite useful in many cases to provide temporary relief
- As much as the movement of the joints is painful for the patient, it is only with regular exercise that the joints can be made more flexible and mobile.
- The affected joints need to be specially cared for by avoiding injury and reducing unnecessary movements.
- Role of physiotherapy in the management of OA - Strengthening exercises, Taping, Manual therapy, Education/lifestyle changes, Modalities, Agility and perturbation training.
- The definitive therapy of OA is joint replacement (total/partial knee/hip joint replacement).
In addition, support groups and counselling may also help significantly in patients who find their quality of life being reduced due to this condition. Remember, not all is lost with osteoarthritis. It is definitely possible to get your life back to its earlier days when you were able to move about freely.
I have a problem in my wrist it has a swollen part which feels like a bone I feel very odd while rotating my wrist and have pain in it which feels like a fracture but it's not a fracture what should I so? 8.
I have black spot and pimples as well as on my back side when I consulted a doctor he recommended" derma dew lotion aloe" after using that my problem solved. But then it became back. Can you please tell me a solution.
I am suffering from left shoulder pain since last 2-3 months and all my X-Ray and MRI reports are normal. The pain increases to UN-bearable at nights and spreads up to my fingers. All treatments from different doctors with pain killers and physiotherapy are result less. My Blood Pressure and Diabetes tests are also normal. However, I am suffering from Thyroid ( under medicine thyronorm 75 mg ) and MIGRAINE ( under medicine petril beta and tryptomer ).
I am 24 years old male and have both side leg knee joint pain. What should I do? One female 19 years old having eye dark circle problem. What should she do?
When you experience any kind of bone and joint pain, you may be wondering what the best remedy might be to get relief. Some people ignore the pain, and it worsens, while others take over-the-counter medicines. However, the best remedy for bone and joint pain is to visit a pain management specialist. The field of pain management has evolved over the last twenty years. Nowadays, there are dedicated pain management specialists who are experts in treating bone and joint pain.
Here are 3 reasons to consult a pain management specialist for bone and joint pain:
- Pain management specialists are trained especially for understanding any kind of bone or joint pain. They undergo special training based on bone and joint pain management and thus know how best to recognize and treat such pains.
- Pain management specialists have a multidisciplinary approach towards treating bone and joint pain. The aim of pain management is to provide overall treatment and pain management specialists know about the best ways to take care of joint and bone pains. Pain management involves interventional procedures, psychological therapies, medication management and physical therapies. Pain management specialists also provide you with lifestyle modification remedies and assign you exercise schedules and diet plans. Alternative medicines like acupuncture and massage therapies are also provided by pain management specialists.
- Pain management specialists cooperate with you and come up with the best solution for your bone and joint pain. Pain is such an aspect, which has no fixed cure and the remedy varies from person to person and depends on the nature and severity of the pain. Thus everyone should receive a personalized treatment, which is most suitable to cure the pain that has occurred to them. Pain management specialists work with patients, discuss a lot and come up with the best treatment procedure, which would complement the patient. For example, a neurostimulation device can be prescribed to a patient who suffers from complex regional pain syndrome and did not have success with other treatment procedures. In many patients with a shattered spinal disc, pain management specialists prescribe injections, which work effectively to give relief and treat the condition.
A pain management specialist can make the best assessments on bone and joint pain. Being trained especially in bone and joint pain management, you can bank upon pain management specialists to receive the best treatment for your bone or joint pain.