Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Bhimsen Rao Itagi

General Physician, Bangalore

100 at clinic
Dr. Bhimsen Rao Itagi General Physician, Bangalore
100 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Bhimsen Rao Itagi
Dr. Bhimsen Rao Itagi is a trusted General Physician in HAL, Bangalore. You can consult Dr. Bhimsen Rao Itagi at Shanthi Clinic in HAL, Bangalore. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Bhimsen Rao Itagi on has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Shanthi Clinic

#381, 4th Cross, Andarahalli Main Road, Vidyamanyanagar. Landmark: Near Vishwaneedam Bus StopBangalore Get Directions
100 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Bhimsen Rao Itagi

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

How I de addicted to corex cough syrup. I take 2-3 bottles daily. Pls help me. Can I leave addiction complete. Which medicine can help me?

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
With determination every thing is possible. Develop your will , think of your future as drug addict. Take help of a psychotherapist , family and friends.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am satish, suffering from ED since last 10 yrs, please suggest best treatment Thanks Regard.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Hyderabad
Your problem may be mainly psychological and partly physical. To enjoy sexual stamina, you have to restore the mental balance, get rid of the stress and produce some endorphins by vigorous physical exercise like jogging and gym. Homoeopathy offers treatment for this and no side effects. Take homoeopathic medicine selenium 30 daily 5 drops in water in the morning for 10 days and give feedback.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have giddiness from past 12 days. I checked with BP its normal. In was advised for ent but he said no problem with that too. From a week I have giddiness and neck pain. So I was send to Nero he said no serious issue its just spinning sensor and neck Spain. He has given t. Naxdon t b.vect am taking this from Monday still no. Diff what will be the reason.

Physiotherapist, Vellore
I think do you have vertigo problem. Medicine give temparavery relief only. Consult physiotherapist. Avoid pillow while sleeping. Do breathing exercises. Always lie on your back. Keep a monitor at eye level. Reduce stress level.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My name is Madhu. I stay in navi Mumbai, kindly provide me solution for throat infection.

Homeopath, Raebareli
Gargling with warm salt water is an effective way to treat a sore throat. Salt can even help kill the bacteria or virus causing pharyngitis. 1. Mix three teaspoons of salt (preferably sea salt) in two cups of warm water. 2. Gargle with this solution. Do not swallow it. Spit the water out after gargling. 3. Do this several times daily for one to two days.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I got the finger burn while picking hot tawa 2 days back. I didn't put anything on it and now its swollen and seems to have pus formed on it. What should be done now?

General Physician, Cuttack
Give cold compression,apply silverex cream or have to take antibiotic also.please consult
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Folic Acid & Health

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Folic acid (vitamin B9) is a water–soluble B vitamin.
It is lost in traditional Indian cooking.
Folic acid is essential for DNA repair, cell division and normal cellular growth.
Profound deficiency of folic acid during pregnancy is associated with neural tube defects, such as spina bifida in neonates.
Deficiency in adults has been associated with megaloblastic anemia and peripheral neuropathy.
In both men and women, low serum folate levels can increase homocysteine levels, which are correlated with elevated cardiovascular risk.
Low folic acid levels during pregnancy in women with epilepsy have been associated with fetal malformation, and older enzyme–inducing anti-epileptic drugs are known to reduce serum folate levels.
The risk of having a pregnancy complicated by a major congenital malformation (e.g., neural tube defect) is doubled in epileptic women taking anti epileptic drugs compared with those women with a history of epilepsy not taking these agents.
Risk is tripled with anti–epileptic drugs polypharmacy, especially when valproic acid is included.
Consensus statements recommend 0.4–0.8 mg of folic acid per day in all women planning a pregnancy. Ideally, this should be started at least 1 month prior to pregnancy if possible.
The guidelines recommend higher daily folic acid doses (4 mg/day) in women with a history of neural tube defects.
In addition, enzyme–inducing anticonvulsants, such as phenytoin, carbamazepine, primidone and phenobarbital, are known to decrease folate levels, and valproic acid may interfere with folate metabolism.
Other AEDs, such as oxcarbazepine, lamotrigine and zonisamide, do not appear to alter folate levels.
Because many pregnancies are unplanned, it is recommended that folic acid supplementation be given routinely to all women of childbearing potential at 0.4 mg/day.

I am 18 years old, am having back head ache from 2 years, how can I cure it? Please help me.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, take single dose of silicea 200 ch, 5 drops, single dose. Alpha ha, 15 drops with warm water twice daily. Revert me after 15 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My cousin have severe chest pain and when he consulted a doctor he diagnosed and asked to take a echo cardio gram. And when the echo cardio gram results says that there was a left ventricle diastolic dysfunction. Actually what it means. Can yo explain this.

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
it indicates that filling of blood in left ventricle is less. and ejrction fraction ie pumping is low.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a diabetic on allopathy treatment for several years. Want to supplement this with homeopathy treatment. Is homeopathy treatment available. I am looking for personalized treatment after detailed history and not an off the off shelf remedy.

MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology
Endocrinologist, Hubli-Dharwad
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. For diabetes only treatment that really matters is taking appropriate modern drugs which either promote insulin secretion from Iselets of Langerhans Beta cells, or reduce insulin resistance, or reduce glucose absorption itself or take insulin injections to supplement lack of insulin in the body. All other so called remedies make a lot of unsubstantiated claims, but nothing really works. My suggestion is if you are having well controlled blood glucose levels then please continue with your current treatment. Thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from fever for more than 15 days what is the treatment for it suggest some medicine.

Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hi, please go for a detailed blood investigation like cbc, widal test, mp, montaux and routine urine examination and then revert back with the reports. Till then keep recording your temparature. If it is too high, do tepid sponging. Wear loose cotton garments. Drink plenty of fluids. Consume light and easily digestable food. Continue to take tab. Paracetamol 1-1-1 till the fever subsides. Drink only boiled and cooled water.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a problem of early discharge in sex. I don't know how to over come this problem, someone suggesting me a stay on capsules, pls help me from this problem.

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
The best ayurveda herb for your case is 1. Take 2 tsp indian asparagus powder 2. Add 1 cup milk 3. Boil the mixture for 10 min 4. Drink 2 times every day this remedy will be helpful. Your problem is permanently cure by ayurvedic treatment.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My penis is small it is about 4.5 inches I fear that I cannot sex please tell me what to do? Is there any natural exercises to increase my penis length and width. And I am outing my sperm so early when I am masturbation so I fear that I cannot stay longer time in sex. Please tell me the solutions.

General Physician, Cuttack
1 normal size of penis in flaccid stage varies from2.8 inch to3.9 inch with average length of 3.5 inch in length 2. Normal size in erect state varies from 4.7 inch to6.3 inch with average length of 5.1inch. Natural way to increase size of penis 1. Take multivite capsule containing gingko biloba extract like one capsule of revital daily 2. Take water melon 3. Stop smoking 4. Regular exercise 5. Lose belly fat 6. Take whole grain food, bean, legume, fish, lean meat, fruit, vegetable, healthy oil 7. Avoid refined/processed food, excess sugar, starch, hydrogenated oil 8. Consult sex therapist for further advice.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have not slept for two days and I still don't feel sleepy, what do I do get good night sleep please suggest me.

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
avoid day time sleep, avoid tea, coffee and cola in late evening and after. 8 hours sleep is ok . 10 pm to 6 am is perfect timing. take rtest and balanced diet.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir, My penis is very soft. I can't fuck for long time. Please say, how can I cure my disease.

Sexologist, Panchkula
Hi! you want to increase your sex duration & hardness of penis. I advise you to tell me your weight, height, eating habits & any addiction to alcohol or cigarette.
7 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a headache last 3 days. I took some tablet but it's not cure. What I do for it?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
There are many causes of headache. i.e. fever, acidity, gastritis, stress, injury , eye sight weakness, apply any good pain balm on head. Try to take good sleep at night. Use pain balm on head thrice a day. It can give relief instant . or also can take tab. Dolo 650 mg thrice a day after meal, tab. Pan 40 mg once a day for 3 days . if not ok then checkup b.p. , cbc, blood sugar, eye sights, and consult again. Thanks.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 years old. I have a problem of premature ejaculation from 2 to 3 years. First I use to ejaculate in 2 to 3 minutes but the problem is worst now I just do it in 10 to 12 strokes. I have tried stop and start method and urine method but nothing as worked. I do not have any problem in erection. I haven't gone to any doctor or not taken any medicine for the same. Please help to overcome my problem so that I can enjoy my sex life well.

Homeopath, Pune
The average time from vaginal penetration to ejaculation in the average man is 9 minutes. The definition of premature ejaculation is reaching orgasm within 1 minute or less after vaginal penetration (intercourse), or ejaculation that occurs too early for female partner satisfaction. This problem is common, occurring in 30% of adult men, and it is the most common form of male sexual dysfunction. It can be caused by erectile dysfunction, anxiety and nerve hypersensitivity and is, in general, quite treatable by homoepathic treatment. You can click on consult option for homoepathic treatment without side effects.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from heavy throat pain and stomach pain, little feverish. Can you suggest what I should do.

MD - Pathology
General Physician, Amritsar
Could be a viral infection. Take rest, plenty of fluids, light home cooked food and crocin (if not allergic) for fever not more than three times a day. Come back if you do not recover in three days.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My bone of inner nose remains heavy and irritating and create lot of problem in hearing?

General Physician, Chandigarh
First of all nose bones don't create problems in hearing. Second thing is if you are having problems please consult a doctor to get yourself examined and diagnosed only then some treatment can be suggested.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My male friend (age 23) facing a problem. His saliva getting dense from 3 to 4 days. Is this any disease? How to get rid of this?

MDS Prosthodontics
Dentist, Delhi
Dense saliva can usually be due to dehydration, ask your friend to take more water and if the problem still persists after few days then visit a dentist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed