Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhimasena Rao R. S
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhimasena Rao R. SYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from asthma attack at midnight, basically in winter season, can you suggest this type of problems?
I have cough and cold problems about 30 days, I have always run water from my nose, please suggest me and solve my problem, and tell me how medicine use?
I am suffering from dry cough what are the safety precautions to be taken to avoid dry cough can you please tell me.
I am 21 years old and I have cold 12 months a year. I have sensitive throat and nose and if I eat something cold or drink cold water, then I get tonsills. Due to tonsills perhaps I get cold. I have taken levocentrozone to control cold but I don't know if this is a permanent remedy or temporary.
I have tonsils from last few days. From yesterday night I'm not able to speak properly please help me out.
I am 21 year old male and I am suffering from tb I have been taking medicines since one and a half month but i have chest pain what should I do?
I am having continuous cough for the past 2 months, I am a cigarette addict and into this habit for the past 5 years. What should I do to feel better?
lam suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard can suggest what should be done?
I am suffering from a defect called sinus and I am a pollen allergic too. I am quite often to cold and fever and wanted to get rid of my defect Sir /Mam could you prescribe me something helpful?
What was the normal course of medicine for tuberculosis patience. I have taken the medicine for 8 month. Is this fine?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Im suffering breathing problem from last year .but now my problem is my left side nose is closed and I can not breathe proper and my same right side of my head is also burning.
I am taking medicine to cure tuberculosis from one month, still I have to continue for another 5 month. I am gaining weight too much. Day by day m looking fat. Is This normal? Pls advise I'm worried too much.
Some doctors do not recommend a combination of Formonide 400 and Onbreeze for COPD patients. What is the reason and if this is not the recommended combination of drugs then what is?
Hi I am 39 year old year old woman. I am having difficulty in breathing sometimes. Sometimes I feel that I hv to take a long breath. And there is pain in the left side of chest also. Checked with doctors many times. They say its psychological nd acidity. I hv done the entire body blood tests. My bp, cholesterol, sugar, thyroid.. All r normal. Whenever there is pain in my chest. I feel scared. I go for morning walk daily and walk about 4 km everyday. How to remove this fear frm my mind that I may hv any heart problem.
I am suffering from sinusitis, does is their any cure without operations if I done operations than does it will come back again.
I have a abdomen tb. I completed my course of tablets. Now I didn't took Madison from December 25th onwards. Now my condition is see bellow. 1) today I have some fever type condition is there with temperature 100.2 2) my weight is also reduced by 1kg Please help me what I have to do. These conditions represents any regenerate abdomen tb for me.
I have been feeling breathless from last two three months. Entire day I have to take deep breaths. Right side of my nose has been blocked from over 2-3 years and I have been careless enough to not take care of it. What immediate steps are required at the moment. Kindly guide me so that I can get rid of these problems.
You may feel congestion or fullness all over your face, pain around eyes, forehead, and face, and may have a runny nose or nasal congestion. The condition may be chronic sinusitis and knowing the symptoms will help you manage the condition effectively.
Chronic sinusitis is a condition where the cavities around the nasal passages, i.e., the sinuses become swollen and inflamed and stays like that for about 12 weeks. It is a persisting condition, and one or more sinuses are affected in this condition.
What causes chronic sinusitis?
There are quite a few causes that can lead to chronic sinusitis. Some of them are:
- A damaged nasal septum may cause the blockage of the sinus passages, thereby leading to chronic sinusitis.
- The growth of nasal polyps in the sinus passages causes the blocking of the passages and thus may lead to chronic sinusitis.
- Infections in the respiratory tract which can be viral, bacterial or fungal like cold and cough may cause the inflammation of the tissues in the nasal passage and thus block the passage for mucous movement. Such a condition also leads to chronic sinusitis.
- Other causes include some medical conditions like any immune system related diseases such as HIV or any complications of cystic fibrosis, gastroesophageal reflux, etc.
- Sometimes allergic conditions may also lead to the inflammation of the tissues of the nasal passage and result in the same.
Know The Symptoms To Self-diagnose
There are four primary symptoms related to chronic sinusitis out of which a person requires to be confirmed of the presence of at least two symptoms for the doctor to suspect chronic sinusitis. These are:
- Congestion of the nasal passage causing breathing difficulties through the nose.
- Discharge of highly viscous or thick, discolored mucus from the nose and also drainage of such down the back of your throat.
- Swelling, tenderness, and pain around the eyes, cheeks, nose, and forehead.
- A cough or reduced taste and smell sensations in the adults.
There are quite a few ways by which your doctor is going to diagnose the problem, some of which are:
- Observing the nasal passage by nasal endoscopy, that is by inserting an endoscope with a fiber-optic light. This process is also called Rhinoscopy.
- Details of your nasal area can also be observed using the images obtained from a CT or MRI scan.
- If any of the above tests fail, a tissue culture test of your nasal passage and sinus is done to identify the infection you are affected with.
Allergy tests may also be done if the doctor suspects the condition to be caused by any allergies.
Various medications, immune-therapies, and even surgeries are opted for reducing the inflammation or for making way for the mucus to move out. The treatment is chosen depending on the severity of the situation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!