Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavya NYour feedback matters!
Which toothpaste is best to be used. Colgate, pepsodent, patanjali, sensodine, meswakh, or other one.
My Mrs. Is having gingivitis problem. Always swollen Inside lips. Not able to eat even very little spicy food. Please advice.
I have a third molar wisdom teeth problem, do I extract it or still continue with the same? It is not giving me any pain now.
I am an often victim of mouth ulcer, facing this problem once a month. May I know what would be the reason for this and any solutions for it? I think it may be due to sweet tea or coffee, but am not sure about it. Can you please tell me what is it exactly?
I am a 70 year old male. I have an abscess on the gum near the tooth where root canal was done last year my dentist advise to extract the tooth as it is cracked. A course of antibiotics did not reduce the swelling can I save the tooth?
I have a severe tooth pain on the tooth that was treated with root canal over 3 ago. I had two doses of Ciproflaxacin Hydrochloride 500 mg tablets twice since last evening along with Ibuprofen, but the pain is still intense. What should I do?
- On day 4 after extraction as the pain was too much and constant doctor again probed the wound for blood to come out and clots to form (In previous 4 days healing was very poor and less blood came out after tooth extraction). Doctor said I have less blood. - On 5th day I visited dentist again as pain was too much last night (I have to go to doctor at night and had an injection for pian), doctor filled wound with temporary cement for a week to relieve pain and heal. Now my concern is will this heal with this method? And is yes then how much time? If no then what is to be done?
I'm 49 years old, I have removed around 6-7 teeth, and the rest of the teeth needs to be cured, what shall I do and how much it's cost for hollywood smile?
I am pregnant and 1 month is running. My teeth get infected and dentist recommend me to remove the teeth. Can I remove it? Will it cause any problem?
Earlier my friend chew tobacco product like gutkha. Currently his mouth not open properly. What to do.
What are the remedies for tooth decay? How we can prevent it? Whether there is any home ingredient to avoid it?
Smoking is a phenomenon where the smoke emanated from a burning substance, usually tobacco, is inhaled. Smoking is a major cause for multiple diseases such as lung cancer, mouth cancer, blood pressure disorders etc.
Smoking tends to limit the capabilities of the immune system and this makes it easier for various diseases to affect the body. Smoking can lead to problems in the teeth where the gum tissues that attach the bone with the teeth are affected. This may cause the blood flow to the gums to be impaired and affect the functioning of the teeth.
The changes that the teeth undergo due to smoking are -
1. It may increase teeth sensitivity.
2. Smoking causes the teeth to be pulled away from the gums.
3. It can result in swollen and bleeding gums.
4. It may cause pain while chewing food.
5. Bone loss around the jawline occurs in smokers.
6. It can result in stained teeth and bad breath.
Disorders related to the teeth caused by smoking
There are various disorders of the teeth which are directly linked to smoking, they are -
- Mouth cancer - in this condition tumors are formed in the mouth
- It can cause plaque to accumulate in the teeth
- It may cause gum disease that can result in tooth loss
- It may interfere with healing period of any dental treatment
- It reduces the success rates of teeth implants
- Sweeteners present in the tobacco can also cause tooth decay
The effects of smoking on the tooth can be minimized by avoiding smoking altogether. Apart from that, following proper dental hygiene such regular brushing and flossing of the teeth will keep the teeth healthy. Avoiding smoking also reduces chances of lesion leukoplakia (white patches near teeth and gums).
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN
Sir, Mere mouth me chhala ho gya hai. Doctor maine bahut sare dawa liye per thik nhi ho rha h ap koi dwa bta dijiye jisse thik ho jae per dwa homeopath. Ka hona chahiye.
She has cough. Now at friday she has a operation in parotit gland. Doctor says her kidney working 40% only. Because she taking sugar and bp tablet from past 10 years and some times she take nise tablet also. My question is any problem will appear after the operation or any prevention or there.
These pictures show old crown and bridges failing and their replacement with titanium dental implants which not only restore better chewing function but also better aesthetics.