Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhavanaYour feedback matters!
Hi, my wife is 34 years old after miscarriage at 5 months (first child), she has put on little weight but her tummy/stomach portion has come out a lot. Second thing after delivery there is severe pain. Please help
What to do for irregular periods. I tuk medication for pcod prob from gyno but dint work out. I dnt have thyroid prob too. Its very much normal. Am putting on weight bcoz of irregular period. Please help me.
Hi sir I am 6 year married lady. Still I not have any kid. Gone though a lot medical test n now I want some other methods for pregnancy. Is surrogacy is safe.
Hi im 19 my girlfriend want me to do oral sex with her vagina is this safe .or else I will get conjuncted with sexually transmitted disease.
Human urine is a useful tool for the diagnosis and detection of several health conditions. The color, smell and density of your urine can reveal a lot about the state of your health. Color, especially, is a strong determinant of many ailments or concerns.
Here is a list of the health conditions you might be suffering from, based on the color of your urine:
- Straw color to transparent yellow color: This urine color signifies that your body is healthy and perfectly hydrated. This should be the normal color of urine, which shows you are in good health.
- Transparent or clear: Transparent and extra clear urine indicates that you have drunk too much water, which leads to the transparent appearance. It happens due to overhydration.
- Dark yellow color: This shade of urine is considered normal, but it may indicate some amount of dehydration. You need to drink more water to eliminate the darker yellowish tinge from your urine.
- Honey color: Urine of honey color signifies dehydration and you must consume increased amounts of water.
- Pink or red color: Your urine may have a pinkish red shade when you consume foods like carrots, beets, blackberries and rhubarb. This may also happen due to the effect of some antibiotics or a drug which treats urinary tract infections. The presence of blood in your urine is indicated by these colors too, and it can lead to kidney diseases, UTI, prostate problems or tumors.
- Orange color: Your urine may have an orange color which resembles the color of orange soft drinks. This occurs as a result of high dose of vitamins and several antibiotics. This color may also indicate dehydration or problems related to the kidney or bile duct.
- Blue or green color: Such shades may be present in your urine because of dyes present in food items and medications. Your urine may turn blue or green, signifying several other medical conditions which require immediate medical attention.
- Foamy: If your urine has a foamy appearance, irrespective of the color and shade, you need to consult a doctor. Consistent foamy or frothy appearance of your urine may indicate the presence of protein in your urine, which further signifies problems in the kidneys.
- Maple syrup color: Urine of this shade indicates a severe case of dehydration or liver diseases
Your urine tells a lot about your health by its color, odor and density. The color is an essential determinant for detecting several health conditions, which may be simple or chronic in nature. In case of abnormal urine color or appearance, you should consult a doctor without delay.
Exercise can enhance the development of new brain cells that play an important role in learning and memory of adults
The process of developing new brain cells in the adult brain is called adult neuro genesis. Exercise induces increase in neuro genesis improves pattern separation by supporting unique and detailed long term representations of similar but nevertheless different memory items
I have 2 kids, my small baby 5 year old, from last five year I take precaution. Now I want one more baby, my period aldo normal, from last 4 month I'm trying to get pregnant. Plzzz give advice what I do.
My married friend has multiple fibroids doctor adviced for operation will she be able to conceive once she is fine and will the fibroids grow again ?
I had sex 3 weeks ago and did not had any contraceptives. Now my dates are delayed by 3 days. I don't want to have a baby right now as I am just 20. I need suggestions as soon as possible to what should I do to get back to normal. I weigh around 49-50 kgs and am tense and scared too please help!
Hi its been 2 days passed from periods date but no sign of period till now, m feeling pain in my lower abdomen, also feeling weakness in my body.
Most men in our culture feel it is important that their female partners get that much needed sexual release through the big O - orgasm, but it is not always the case, especially when the woman desires but cannot. Orgasm (climax, trupti, satisfaction, coming) marks the culmination of the progressively mounting sexual arousal and tension, as it reaches a peak and suddenly releases through pulsating uterine and vaginal contractions accompanied by intense pleasure. Many a time, women do not orgasm in sexual intercourse.
Frequently, it is due to a combination of factors like inadequate foreplay, insufficient arousal, the male partner's premature ejaculation or being unaware of how to take oneself to climax. It could also be due to the woman's intrinsic inability to reach orgasm, despite favourable conditions. We describe such a situation as orgasmic dysfunction or anorgasmia. Inability to climax can prove distressful to several women, while quite a few of them are as happy without orgasms, are not bothered by it and therefore do not even complain or consult.
- No orgasm is not abnormal: It's a widespread myth that women must reach orgasm to be able to enjoy sexual intercourse. Many men and several women hold this false notion. While orgasm can be a payoff, many women agree that it is not must for them to enjoy sex or seek it. They enjoy the overall experience much more than the end result. Many women find the emotional intimacy experienced through physical intimacy, and sufficient foreplay enriching, and are not bothered by getting or not getting an orgasm.
- Two-thirds need another type of stimulation: There is nothing wrong with a woman who cannot reach an orgasm through intercourse. Different women are built differently. Only about a third of women can orgasm through intercourse. A third need extra stimulation during intercourse. Another third never orgasm during intercourse, but can through manual or oral stimulation of clitoris. The best way to know is through exploration, paying attention to body language and reactions.
- Frigid or strained relations?: Women who have never ever had an orgasm or those once had but currently unable to, are falsely labelled frigid or considered to be in relationship trouble. This is yet another myth that many people harbor. Frigidity is a pejorative term now discarded. A female may be perfectly normal and happy in her relationship and yet may not orgasm. There may be many other causes for this such as the side effects of certain medications, chronic illnesses, sexual pain, or severe stress.
- Nothing can be done about it?: Well, this one is another big myth. If the female is not able to orgasm, then there is plenty that one can do about it. To begin with, the woman can try relaxation techniques, arousal heightening techniques, manual or oral stimulation of clitoris, either before, during or after intercourse. In the end, a woman is responsible for her own sexual pleasure. She needs to learn what type, duration, intensity and pattern of stimulation, she needs to reach the peak of excitement. And, a loving partner can help her in many ways to reach orgasm. The sex therapists are trained to help you overcome difficulties in becoming orgasmic and can be reached here. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am a 25yr old male. Actually some days before I had sex with my gf but I couldn't penetrate and I tried a lot but all in vain. It was my first time. And whenever I masturbate I last for 1 minute or less than that. Is this serious. Please help me regards.
Hello Dr. I had sex with my partner right a day after last day of period on 26 Nov 2016, and gave unwanted 72 within 18 hrs, but her period is not arrived so far ,and did urine pregnancy test on 1 Jan 2017 shows negative result, again did on 2 Jan again shows negative ,test has done with early morning urine sample, I am very scared, is there chances of pregnancy, why period is not arriving, wht to do. No sign n symptoms has ever seen ,no implantation bleeding has seen. please suggest me wht to do.
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a fertilization technique through which the sperm and an egg are fused in a laboratory. The embryo is grown in a lab for a span of 4-5 days and then transferred to a woman’s uterus. This process is extremely effective and increases the chances of fertilization. There is a four-step process of IVF as discussed below:
- Ovulation induction: The first process involves the inspection of the ovary and subsequent release of the eggs. Among other observations, the doctor observes whether the ovaries are functioning well, hormones are present in adequate quantities and blood pressure is normal. If there is a shortage of ovary, women are advised to consume fertility medicine for a while. More the number of ovaries produced, better are the chances of successful embryo formation. In case egg formation causes a bother, one can talk to their doctor regarding donor eggs being used for the process.
- Retrieval of the egg: During this process, a doctor might suggest pain medication in order to negate any discomfort that a woman might face. A thin needle is then passed through the vaginal wall. Along with vaginal ultrasound and gentle suction, fluid from the follicles is taken out. The egg is separated from the follicular fluid and is placed in the culture dish that contains nutrient media. The dish is then placed in the incubator for further processing.
- Fertilization: The next process is to ensure that the egg fertilizes properly. In order to do this, a healthy sperm cell is obtained from the partner or a wishful donor. After a careful inspection, the most active sperm cell is combined with the egg and placed in a chamber. The sperm and the egg are taken to a common place and the two are mixed in the incubator. A healthy embryo thus develops.
- Embryo transfer: The final process involves the transfer of the embryo. This is the most complicated step in this procedure. A little glitch can jeopardize the whole procedure and threat the success rate. Out of all the embryos, the healthy one is selected. Inside the vagina, a speculum is then placed and the healthiest embryo is transferred into the uterus. This is a strenuous process and complete bed rest for more than a day is advised by doctors.
- Pregnancy: Post the IVF process, a woman might take a couple of weeks to get pregnant. If the procedure becomes successful, your pregnancy test will come as positive. Many, though, return a negative test result. This only signifies that the procedure has failed. On an average, it takes 2 attempts for IVF to become successful. This is not a high-risk procedure and the same can be taken as many times as you want. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I have that poly cystic ovarian disorder and am overweight. What is the simplest step, other than medication that can help me get better?
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that causes thesurplus surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen causes development of weight gain and hair in women as well when they are present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation (release of afemale female egg, ovum) which is reflected in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Owing to troubles in ovulation one may experience difficulty in becoming pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS have a resistance to theaction action of insulin hormone. Normally Insulin drives sugar into the body cell to provide energy for it’s work. Many women with PCOS may appear unaffected by this change, but at cellular level, this resistance means it requires a larger amount of insulin production to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
- Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "Hirsutism"." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.
- Acne. Acne occurs on the face, chest, and upper back
- Hair Loss. Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness and underneath breasts
- Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
There is apparently no procedure to cure PCOS. The aim of treatment varies as per age and the requirement of the patient.
- If the patient is having Infertility: A lack of ovulation hinders the secretion of progesterone (a hormone preparing the uterus for pregnancy), thus hampering conception. In this case, the treatment is directed at maintaining a regular ovulation, by use of ovulation-stimulating medication.
- In patients with irregular cycles NOT wanting pregnancy: The irregularity of menstrual cycle can be fixed by consuming birth control pills. These pills comprise of both progestin and estrogen which aid to bring down androgen production.
- For patients with PCOS and weight gain, obesity: Insulin resistance seen in PCOS warrants the use of certain medications such as metformin which are prescribed to enhance sensitivity of the cells to insulin. Metformin enhances cell function and maintaining sugar levels by its increased consumption by the cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Pets can be amazing companions and help you cope with your life problems. There can be times when you might feel low and lack motivation to do anything; a pet can change that scenario and bring about a positive change in your life. They keep you engaged and help you take your mind off from various problems in your professional and personal life.
Here are few reasons why having a pet can significantly improve your mental health:
- Petting lowers stress levels: Petting your furry friends is a major stress buster. It has been observed that petting a dog or a cat releases the hormone called oxytocin, which is associated with lowered anxiety and stress levels. When you connect with your pet and engage yourself in grooming and petting, it naturally reduces your blood pressure and lowers the level of cortisol, thereby, producing a calming effect.
- Pets reduce loneliness and isolation: Pets can constantly keep you company, if you don't like being lonely. Dogs and cats can make friends easily and due to their intuitive nature, they can sense it when you are feeling low. They refuse to leave you alone and provide your mental support. Pets also help you socialize especially if you take them out for a walk. They help you interact with other pets and their owners.
- Pets are great listeners and they keep you engaged: Pets can distract you from your problems and stressful situations, which plague your mind. You and your furry mate can spend a wonderful time playing games or by simply clicking pictures together. Pets are also good listeners and hence you can vent out your feeling without the fear of being judged. They help you heal and get over certain things which would otherwise be a lot more difficult to overcome.
- They love you unconditionally and keep you happy: Seeing your pet welcoming you after a hard day at work can instantly lift your mood and make you smile. They love you no matter what mistakes you made and keep you energized, positive and motivated. Caring for your pet and reciprocating their love can make you less self centered and more motivated towards your goals.
Related Tip: "Effects of Alcohol on Mental Health"
I got 3T Mamo done and below is the report. Could you help me on next steps? Mr. Morphology suggests Fibroadenoma within the upper inner quadrant of right breast at 1 o’clock position. BIRADS category 3.
Droplets remain suspended in the air only for a limited period and exposure of less than 3 feet is usually required for human to human transmission of droplet–borne respiratory organisms. In flu, this can be upto 6 feet. The examples of droplet infections are patients with meningitis, influenza, rubella (German measles) etc.
No precautions need to be taken by a person, who is at a distance of 6–10 feet away from the patient. But, if a person is sitting or working even at a distance of 3–6 feet, the non–coughing person should wear simple mask.
In contrast, airborne droplet nuclei, which carry respiratory secretions smaller than 5 microns can remain suspended in the air for extended period and can cause infections to people who are standing even more than 10 feet away. The example of airborne droplet nuclei infections are TB, measles, chickenpox and SARS.
Patients with these diseases need to be placed in an isolation room. And, all those people who are looking after these patients must use a safe N95 mask.
In normal house with open windows, there is a constant exchange of air, which prevents spread of infections but in rooms with air conditioners (ACs) with no air exchange, infections can spread from one person to another.
When sitting in an air conditioned atmosphere, the setting of the AC should be such that the same air is not circulated and fresh air is allowed to exchange. Split ACs, therefore, are more dangerous than the window ACs.
In an office with split AC, if one employee is suffering from any of the droplet nuclei disease, he/she can transmit infection to others. Therefore, patients with confirmed TB, measles, chickenpox and SARS should not be allowed to work in offices with split ACs.