Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. BhaskaranYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 year old girl and I had sex a month back. We used condoms and to be sure I took i-pill as well .an within 9 days after having sex I got my period .but this month my period has not yet happened. Its late by ten days .is there any chance I am pregnant ? I suffer from thyroid as well and I have missed many a times before so could it be because of my high TSH level?
I am suffering from pimples since few years because of indigestion. So im taking safi liquid medicine. I just want to know whether safi medicine it is good for overall health or it has any side effects.
I went to neurologist in 2013. He prescribed me antidepressants for 6 months; as a result of that I suffer from depression symptoms. Now whom should I consult? I suffer from many symptoms now.
Hi I am 20 years old and am suffering from high blood pressure and. Some time I get bad headache due to which I am unable to see at that particular time kindly suggest what can be done.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
In this new age 'Weight Gain' is the most dreaded phrase when people left and right are obsessed with losing weight by any and every means possible, to look good and achieve an attractive personality.
Let me start with a ridiculous point, weight is NOT equal to fat (a misconception I've observed in my patients). A human's body weight consists of his/her ENTIRE body weight, including weight of internal organs like heart brain etc, bones, water content and MUSCLES.
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will first talk about Muscle Building its Reason and Importance.
The term muscle is derived from the Latin musculus meaning 'little mouse' maybe because contracting muscles look like mice moving under the skin. Muscle cells contain 'Protein Fibres' of actin and myosin that move against each other producing contraction that changes the dimensions of the cell. Muscle is used to produce force and motion.
This may seem like a small point but is extremely essential. Muscles are responsible for maintaining and changing posture, all external movement as well as internal organ motion e.g. contraction of the heart.
Studies from the CDC have found that muscle-building exercises can also
- Improve Balance, reduce the likelihood of falls
- Improve Blood-sugar control
- Improve sleep and mental health
Gaining muscle mass is not only about looking good, it also has health benefits.
The Importance of Muscles
More Muscle Equals More Strength - The more strength you have, the more physically you're prepared for everyday activities; carrying groceries, lifting kids (or your significant other), and enjoying recreational sports.
- Muscle Helps Control Blood Sugar - DIABETES SUGAR intimidating modern day diseases, yet easily manageable if you can build a healthy body.
- Building Muscle Usually Builds Bone too - Bone density is an important issue, especially among women and the elderly. Building muscles can improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Building Muscle Helps Manage Body Fat - Gaining muscles boosts your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). that is the amount of energy (fat) you're spending when you're just sitting doing nothing (for all practical purposes). It controls fat gain and prevents obesity and related conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension etc. Strength training is especially important for dieters. When you lose weight, up to a quarter of the loss may come from muscle, which can slow your metabolism. Strength training helps you rebuild any muscle you lost by dieting -- or keep you from losing it in the first place.
Building Muscle Builds Self - Confidence - It plays a critical role in promoting metabolic health, bone strength, maintaining body weight and reduces stress.