Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BharathiYour feedback matters!
My wife has been diagnosed having two large nabothian cysts about 26x25 and 25 x20 in uterus in june2014. This year she was asked to go for colposcopy with biopsy following post coital bleeding. While doing biopsy the doctor could not take the sample due to bleeding. Then she had advised hysterectomy which is a big operation. I want to know how these cysts can be treated without hysterectomy.
We know this very well how beneficial drinking water just after getting up is and so many of us practice is too. But when we add honey and lemon in warm water and drink it daily, the benefits gets multiplied. Let's see how it is achieved.
1. Helps in losing weight - Drinking warm water mixed in honey and lemon is very good for health. It helps in losing weight and for this simple reason, people who want to lose weight should take it for sure.
2. No Constipation - This combination of warm water, lemon and honey is so good for health that if taken on an empty stomach it is helpful in keeping constipation at bay. It stimulates the digestive system, infuses water in dried stool which removes constipation completely.
3. Cleanse lymphatic system - Lack of water in the already dehydrated lymphatic system leads to problems like fatigue, disturbed sleep and blood pressure level and hinders mental development. But when you take water in lemon and honey, the lymphatic system gets hydrated and your body functions properly.
4. Keep bad breath at bay and improves oral health - Taste of honey and lemon removes any kind of bad breath in your mouth. Also, these keep your mouth bacteria-free and that's how without direct care, mouth gets benefited indirectly.
5. Boost immune system - Vitamin C helps in fighting cold. As it is high in potassium, it controls blood pressure as well as stimulates brain function.
6. Clears skin - Presence of Vitamin C removes blemishes and wrinkles from skin. Also, it gives a brighter and glowing look. As a result of drinking lemon and honey in water, your skin gets cleared giving your face a cleaner and fairer look.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Life-long benefits of drinking Desi Haldi Milk
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My friend who is not a Lybrate user had sex with her gf on her 8th day of cycle with condom but is still afraid of her pregnancy. So he wants to know what are options if he finds about the gf pregnancy after a month.
Hello doctor I am medico student I often hear doc saying it is ideal to plan for a child after 1 years of married life why is it so I want to knew the reason behind this statement.
I had sex with my husband yesterday using a condom. Not sure whether I would get pregnant or not and I don't want to become now. Suggestions please.
Hi, I got married 6 years back and we were planning for our kids, but no success as of now. We have done 5 times *IUI no success results. My wife age is 38 years and I am 39. All our reports are normal and period is also normal. No issues from both of us. I am worried what is the exact problem we have and what could be best treatment for us to proceed to have kids. Can I get suggestions in the same.
My mum's 50 years old and sometimes when she wake up she cannot walk because of a painful sensation in her ankles. What could be the reason and how do I cure it?
Taking birth control pills is one of the easiest and effective remedies of controlling birth. Oral contraceptive pills are taken by about 12 million women of US per year for preventing unwanted pregnancy. Such pills are simply, a kind of hormonal contraception. In accordance to the ARHP (Association of Reproductive Health Professionals), approximately one in hundred women experience an unintentional pregnancy within the first year of using birth control pills. The ARHP also stated that the rate of pregnancy elevates if women miss a pill and the raised rate becomes around 30 to 80 times.
Besides contraceptive purpose, birth control pills are also utilized for non-contraceptive medical purposes for issues like- irregular periods, painful periods or dysmenorrhea, heavy periods or menorrhagia, acne, hair loss or alopecia, minimizing risks of ovarian and breast cysts, etc. Though these pills sound to be quite helpful yet they too have certain side effects or complications. Here is an account on birth control pills- complications with the pill:
Side-effects of Birth Control Pills
While taking a birth control pill for the first time, some people may experience mild nausea. In that case, if the pill is taken along with food or at night before going to bed, then it might help in lowering the chances of nausea. If anyone suffers from this particular side- effect, then it is advisable to consult a physician or seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
The next common complication of taking birth control pills on a regular basis is a headache and migraine. Various pills are available with different dose of hormone. So, the symptoms of a headache also vary. Experts and studies previously stated that if a woman takes pills of low doses of the hormone, then the chances of a headache also decreases. Again, in this case, if you are experiencing headache for a prolonged time- period, then it is better to seek medical guidance.
Changes in the Breast
While talking about birth control pills-complications with the pill, one fact that needs mention is breast tenderness. Such pills may result in enlargement of the breast. This complication usually improves just after few weeks after you start taking the pills. But, if you get to see a lump in your breast or experience extreme pain in the breast along with persistent enlargement, then taking a physician's assistance will be a wise decision. Another way of reducing breast tenderness is by decreasing the intake of salt and caffeine as well as wearing supportive bras.
No such clinical study has ever found any link between taking birth control pills and weight gain. But, still, many reports keep coming from people taking such pills that they experience fluid retention mainly in the hip and breast areas.
Also, it has to be noted that many women undergo emotional changes or suffer from depression while consuming birth control pills. If you tend to face such sort of mood swings, then contacting a physician may help you better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi, I had c section delivery 10 months baby. Now I am pregnant again & I want to continue it & I have not other health issues. Is it OK or not pls.
I have low amh 1.02 Dr. Says donor egg go with ivf. But I want own eggs is it possible success with low eggs. If I get donor eggs baby looks like as me or donor mother sms match.
Hi Sir, My girlfriend has taken about 8 ipill last 1 year. Now periods every month only 1 day coming. Before using ipill normally 5-6 day periods time, but now only 1 day in Every month. But we got into such situations. Can you please answer this. Is this any problem for that. Pls answer me.
My mother is 43 years old and her ultrasonography report of whole abdomen says an ill defined SOL (5.16x3. 23 cm) is noted in posterior uterine wall-may be? Fibroid and a dominant follicle/follicular cyst (2.16x1. 97 cm) is noted in left ovary. Also as compared to her 2010 USG reports, enlarged uterus and ovary has been reported in 2016 USG reports. Kindly help.
Why we cannot check ultrasonic scanning of follicular till period comes. Why there is certain time to check egg size? For E.g 9th day from 1st day of period to 20 days. If my egg size in 9 mm on 20 days, why we can checking continuously till periods?
I am 18 years old. I do not suffer from any type of sexual disease. And I am heterosexual. Though I have e physical problem which is my chest size is larger in comparison with the normal size of men. Its very embarrassing. I can not put on any type of tight fittings tshirt. So I just want to know, is there any process to normalize it without going through the process of surgery. I am ready to have any type of medicine without any side effects.
Dengue fever is a painful infection transmitted by the bite of one of the 4 closely related viruses that are carried by a type of mosquitoes known as Aedes mosquitoes. The infection is not directly from one person to another.
Symptoms: After the mosquito bite, symptoms set in about 4 to 6 days and can last up to 10 days (as noted below). Most are general symptoms which can be seen with any viral infection and therefore most dengue cases can go undetected.
- Sudden high temperature
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe headache
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Severe bone and muscle pains (this can lead to suspicion of dengue)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rash that appears 3 to 5 days after the onset of fever
- There could be in some cases gum bleeding, easy bruising, or nose bleeding
The dengue triad of symptoms is fever, headache and the skin rash. This could lead to suspicion and blood tests that can lead to diagnosis.
The acute phase lasts for about 2 weeks in most cases and there is no antibiotic (it is a viral infection) cure for it. The treatment is therefore symptomatic, aimed at reducing fever and pains.
If left untreated, especially in children, a severe case called as Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) can occur, which affects children under 10 years of age and can cause failure of the circulatory system. This can also occur when a person is developing dengue for the second time. This is a serious form and can even lead to death; therefore the symptoms should be taken seriously and attended to immediately.
Diagnosis: Confirmation of dengue is through a blood test, where the virus is tested for.
Treatment: Being a viral infection, antibiotics are not effective against dengue. Pain killers with acetaminophen are preferred. Aspirin is avoided, as it can worsen bleeding. Complete bed rest, hydration and good nutrition are essential parts of the treatment. Being under medical supervision also helps watch out for complications. There is a vaccine under development that could become available in the next couple of years.
- Always use mosquito repellents, even indoors
- While being outdoors, use clothes that cover the arms and legs fully
- Use a mosquito net if your area is highly infested with mosquitoes
- Ensure the windows and doors are closed during the evening
- If you are suspicious of having dengue, reach out to the doctor
- Reduce chances for mosquitoes breeding by keeping the house clean
- If there are family members with dengue, protect yourself and them from mosquitoes
Preventing dengue is the best way to manage it; however, if once infected, the person develops immunity to it. Reduced immunity can put the person at risk of developing the condition again.
In the realm of Ayurvedic medicine, ginger is considered as a wonder root. Its medicinal purposes are many and it never fails to heal some of the most common to the more serious diseases. Ginger can be consumed raw, with other foods, or in a paste form. It is regularly used in most of the dishes that you consume on a daily basis because of its medicinal values. Here are some of the most important values that ginger has, due to which it is considered to be one of the most cherished remedy in Ayurveda.
- Anti-histamine properties: Often people get allergies to dust, pollens, dirt, and other impurities in the air. These allergies can be prolonged and the person suffers a lot. When you experience a bout of allergy, it is best to consume ginger in any form. Its anti -histamine properties help in reducing the allergic reaction and relieve the patient of the sufferings.
- Stimulates digestion: Ginger is a regular herb used in every meal - mostly in the form of paste and at times as chopped pieces. This is because it aids the release of bile juices from the gall bladder, which in turn promotes smooth digestion.
- Cancer: According to the researches carried out at Michigan University, it has been concluded that ginger powder has the ability to kill many cancer-causing cells. It is specially recommended to be consumed by medical practitioners if you suffer from lung, prostate, ovarian, and breast cancer.
- Morning sickness: At times, you experience morning sickness with a heavy head and a bout of nausea. This mostly occurs when you are pregnant. In such circumstances, consuming ginger provides the necessary vitamin B6 to your body. This helps you to stabilise your condition in the morning and reduce weakness, laziness, and nausea.
- Inflammation: Ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing inflammation of any kind in the body. This means that whenever you have any kind of inflammation, you are asked to consume ginger so that the swelling and pain subsides to a considerable amount.
- Menstrual cramps: Cramps are very common in women during their menstruation. To reduce the pain and cramps, ginger tea is often given to them. It is said that consuming ginger regularly during periods helps in reducing the pain and cramps that are associated with it.
In a gist, these are some of the essential qualities of ginger. These are the reasons as to why ginger is often consumed daily and seen as a home remedy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi I married in 2011, same year i had abortion for 8weeks, again conceived in 2014 jan, but in july 2014 again miscarriage, due to watering,, now again am pregnent, 18th week, how do i take care? am taking gardinal 60mg will there be any side effects for baby?
Melon- Water Bells of summer
Melon is a Category of Fruits with a maximum water content approximately 80-90%.
Melons are gifted by nature into different colours like Musk Melon is golden yellow / orange. Water Melon is red giving ample amount of antioxidant in it making it a very healthy choice as it would protect you from damage caused by free radicals (External agent) in your body, thus improving immunity.
It is the richest source of Iron giving you about 7 mg / 100 grams of watermelon, i.e. 7% of Iron.
Your body needs Vitamin A to produce sebum, which keeps your hair moisturized. You also need Vitamin A for your body tissues (like skin) to grow. Watermelon has Vitamin A, so eat this fruit for attractive skin and hair.
One should also use the outer coat of watermelon which is green as it is very fibrous - can be consumed as a vegetable.
Melon seeds are rich in essential fatty acids like omega-3. Try having the seeds of watermelon with fruits. Musk Melon seeds can be consumed by washing, drying, peeling the outer coat.
These seeds are wonder food for the Brain.
A bowl full of Melon a day in summer keeps Dehydration at Bay.