Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. BharathiYour feedback matters!
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I have a fever since 1 week and I took too much medicines but it didn't cured by those medicines in this case what should I do.?
Lybrate | Dr Puneet Aggarwal speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Suffering from Toothache from past 2-3 days. And this pain is only in one front teeth. Please suggest me best painkiller.
I am suffering with mental depression all the time I can't do anything properly always a noisy situation makes my mind disordered and flawless. I just had one stick of cannabis long days ago from those day I feel like that but before I was fully mentally and physically strong but now I feel shake in my head, always my mind distracts on my condition condition I deeply lost in some negative thinking. I want to everything that I want to do in life I want my Before life back please tell me how can I get survive from this bad situation is there any nervous malfunction included? Which making my head shaking and always feel drowsy please help me sir/mam.
Hi sir/Mam I am 24 years old currently I am working in US shift and I come to home back at 3 am I go to gym at morning 11 am to 1 I need to know which is the best diet plan for my bodybuilding please suggest me.
My weight is 49kgs but my height is 6" 2 (188cms) so how I gain my weight? Wt type of food and proteins I hve to take?
Hi, i am 25 years old. Since last two months my beard is graying and its increasing rapidly. Please suggest me what to do.
Why girls wanted to go for pee imideate after sex? Nd why white blood comes from vagina after 2 3 days of sex?
I am 21 years old and for 1 and a half months I am taking medicines for acne but these are getting worse than before. I am taking reseton 20 mg and zincolak capsules. I did not see any results till now. What should I do?
Can I know what are the products (shampoo and conditioners) which can help in reducing my hair fall?
M feeling weakness from last 3 days. I have tried energy drinks but I am not able to do work. What should I do?
I smoked excessive weed and ciggrate and drank a lot alcohol for 2 year and now I quit weed suddenly n dropped quantity of alcohol n ciggrate to minimum and now I am feeling stressed uneven heart beat and can not sleep properly and feel slight pain in chest sometimes and I can hear my heart beat in my head whole day and my whole body thuds with each heart beat and I am constantly developing anxiety and resting pulse is 95-100 is it normal or I need medical attention? If yes then in what direction I need medical attention? Please guide me doctor.
I'm having pain in my lower back. The xray report says reduced lumbar lordosis and bilateral sacroiliitis. Which exercise should I do becoz I don't want to take pain killers. please suggest.
My sister age is 28. She has pimple free but oily skin. Her face colour is dark. Which cream gives her a fair and glowing face without any side effect. Please help me.
Loss of hair can have adverse effects on your physical as well as mental health. Not only does hair loss affect your self-esteem or appeal, it also hints at an underlying health problem. There could be many reasons for the loss of hair. ‘Alopecia areata’ is a condition wherein sudden loss of hair begins with one or more circular bald patches that might or might not overlap.
Some of the common cosmetic treatments for hair loss include:
- Hair Grafting or Transplant: Hair transplant or grafting is a procedure that uses surgery to move hair follicles from one spot in the body to another and is mainly used to treat male pattern baldness. The transplantations are carried out in outpatient form, with local anesthesia and mild sedation. Harvesting of hair follicles is done using various methods, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some of the common harvesting techniques are:
- Strip Harvesting: A strip of skin from the scalp or from any other spot where there is full growth of hair is harvested by the surgeon.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): Follicular Unit Extraction is a procedure which involves the singular extraction of each hair follicle without any removal of strip of tissue. Further, it has been noticed that during the transplant procedure some of the follicles can get damaged and in order to, avoid the same the Hair Growth Accelerator (HGA) is used along with FUE technique for better results. The role of HGA is to provide support to hair follicles, for more than 8 hours so that they do not get damaged during the process of transplant.
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT): Follicular Unit Transplant involves the removal of a small strip of tissue from the rear part of the head. The donor hair follicles would be extracted from this strip.
- Robotic Hair Restoration: The devices associated with Robotic Hair Restoration utilize robotic arms and cameras to provide assistance to the surgeon during the FUE procedure.
- Scalp Reduction: This cosmetic procedure involves removal of skin (non-hair-bearing) from the scalp, which ensures that the remaining skin (hair-bearing) can be extended to the area that it is capable of covering the bald spots on the head. This procedure is effective in covering bald areas on the back as well as top of the head. However, it is not favourable for the hairline in the frontal areas of the head.