Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bharath ReddyYour feedback matters!
My child's Height is 4.6. I don't think it is okay. She cannot pick up a container from top the self. Please suggest. Please tell what her height should be at the age of 9? Please answer.
My son is 5/half year old , every day he is having a gas problem every time he is feel vomiting so he doesn't want to have his food please help me. Since last 2 year.
My son is 2 years old. He has constipation problem. We are giving him Muout. He has swollen belly & not passed stool from 2 days. Can we give him Junior Lanzol 15 mg?
My 4 years baby girl suffering with cough and cold monthly thrice. Once she'll intake tablets and syrup and back to normal. Then again she will suffer with same cause. My confusion is on #1 Why she as affected with cold n cough regularly. & Then my Age is 29 years. Given Normal delivery. But now weight is 97 kg. What are diet foods and what type of exercise need to take? No diabetes No sugar Had tried tablets for weight loss before last 11months but no big result just 1 to 2 kgs only. Now taking tablets Zerofat A. #2 What I have to do to weight lost.
Hi my child has fever since last two days, so I give her meftal-p suspension but it's not given me satisfactory results kindly Help.
New born baby of 3 months old does normal activities like turning head towards sound and sounds ohh and all. But last week his sister pops a toy horn with loud sound. After that he doesn't reacts to any sound. Is ter any problem please reply. If yes any solution?
My 1 and half year old baby doing very hard stool. Today also found some blood traces. She is also not willing to eat.
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
My daughter is 11 months old, is consuming very less water and passing very less urine since last for days. Is it normal?
My son is 5 years old. He is very thin (weak) and not healthy and also his height is not very satisfactory as per his age. Kindly help me.
My daughter seems to b underweight vit just 13. 5 kg n she is about to complete her 6 yrs. She is in 1st standard and loads of studies n 6 hrs of school .she feels very tired when she comes from school. We like to have some increase in her weight. She takes food but not vit full heartedly .what can b done to Inc her weight n height.
Please suggest some good products like any good brand oil which can help in making baby and baby bones strong. Also suggest any brand for milk supplement for my baby. Also any other thing whichbu can suggest I should start for him at this age like pediasure etc.
Hello everybody. I'm Dr Pulkit Nandwani. I'm a consultant gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon here at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini. Today, I would like to share some information with you about fibroids.
Fibroids are becoming increasingly common these days. They usually occur in the age group of 30 to 40 years of women but can occur at any age group usually at the age group of 30 to 40years.
Now what are fibroids?
Fibroids are usually noncancerous just an overgrowth of the muscle tissue of the uterus. Fibroids are also called myomas or leiomyomas. Now these fibroids can be located anywhere in the uterus. They can be either in the muscle tissue of the uterus or even in the ovaries or from a stem hanging inside the uterus or out of the wall of the uterus by hanging by a stem. The size and location number of fibroids vary a lot and according to them the symptoms depend.
Now what are the symptoms of fibroids?
The symptoms of fibroids depend on where the situation where the fibroid is located, how big it is and how many numbers of fibroids are located. The symptoms can be they usually cause the change in menstruation. The patient usually experiences heavy bleeding with painful cramping and now instead of monthly bleeds. The bleed may come at irregular intervals and at least twice or thrice in a month. There can be pain during bleeding. Other than the painful bleeding, the fibroid can also result in various symptoms. Because of the size and the weight of the fibroid, it might press on the urinary bladder and the patient might experience frequency of urination even pain during urination. Same if it's at the back of the uterus, it might press on the anus and cause painful deification obtained while passing motions. Because of the heavy bleeding patient might land up with low hemoglobin and having anemia and generalized symptoms of anemia like the fatigue, the weakness, loss of strength, loss of stamina, all these are the symptoms of fibroids. Just a pain in the lower abdomen can also be the manifestation of fibroid.
Fibroid can also cause infertility. Patient might find difficulty in conceiving or there are chances if the patient conceives if the fibroid is located inside the lining of the uterus it might cause increased chances of miscarriages. There might be abortions then but the good thing is that fibroids rarely cause cancer. It might twist on itself, cause severe pain and but it rarely causes cancer and grows over a period of time. It slowly grows over a period of time, sudden growth is a matter of danger sign.
Now, what are the treatments available for fibroid?
Fibroid if it is asymptomatic the patient is comfortable it was just the routine diagnosis, need not require any treatment at all but usually fibroids cause bleeding problems. So the most common treatment that we employ is starting the patient on medical treatment, a number of hormonal pills come which regulate the hormones inside the body of the uterus and limits the blood flow of the patient and the patient remains comfortable. If medical treatment is either not successful or by the location of the fibroid we already know that medical treatment will not work as in case if the fibroid is coming inside the lining of the uterus. In those cases the fibroid has to be removed surgically for the fibroid is usually done. If it is coming inside the lining of the uterus even if it is very small or a big fibroid is obstructing, the uterus lining causing pressure symptoms. In that case surgery has to be done. Now for surgery also there are two to three types of surgery which can be done.
- If so patient is young, she has to conceive again and family is not completed, we try to remove only the fibroid. It is known as myomectomy.
- If the patient is elderly age family is completed, it caues a lot of problproblemshere are multiple fibroids, in that case, the modality of treatment is a one-stop treatment in which we prefer to remove the whole uterus in which case it is known as hysterectomy.
- Regularly total laparoscopic hysterectomy fully by laparoscopy is done routinely at the hospital at Saroj Medical Institute for fibroids.
So this is much for fibroid for today. If you have any query you can contact me at lybrate. I am Dr. Pulkit Nandwani or you can even take a consultation appointment at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini, Delhi.
When we bathing to babies if they are swallowing the water will the baby suffer from cold is it true and also tell us which medicines used for wet cough and cold for 3 months baby.
My baby is 6 month. Is cerelac is good for her. Hav to start cerelac. please suggest which brand or which flavour should introduce first.
My baby is 17 months old his diet is also ok as per the dietitian but still he is too thin his wright is 10 kg600gm. Is there any medicine dat can make him little bit fatty.
Greetings. My daughter is 3.5 months old and my wife is 30 years old. Lately, it seems our baby is not getting enough milk from her mother so as per my mom's advise, we mixed half boiled water in equal amount of cow's milk and tried spoon feeding her in a steel vessel. However, my baby is not drinking that spoon needed milk as she has a habit keeping her tongue out. Due to this, she is crying (not frequent though), usually she cries only when she wants to sleep. My mom says we shouldn't feed baby with nipple bottle as it is not good for teeth and hygiene issues are their too. I request expert pediatrician or any doctor who can comment on my below questions. 1. What can we do in this case so baby's hunger gets satisfied completely? I mean what ideally we should do? 2. For how many hours out of 24 hours, a baby sleeps which is less than 6 months old? Any suggestions are highly appreciated, thank you in advance.
My baby is 7 months old. Last week there was pulse polio campaign by govn and unfortunately was not in town and could not give the same to my baby. Now it is not available in any hospital, will this affect my child in future.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.