Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Bharath KumarYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I have an red eye over an 10 days! And little bi pain in it. What should I will do for it please help me doctor?
Respected sir I just getting pain on belly one side actually I just working in software line I have to do my computer work more than 9 hours its make me eye problems and back problem. I get pain one side belly. Why I just get that type pain. Is this any symptoms. Kindly help me.
At present my age is 66 years. Due to glaucoma (kala motia) in my left eye. Operation no vision in my left eye. About 6 months back the contract in my right eye. It is humble request that kindly your valuable advise in my following points. 1. Operation is must in Cataract? 2. After cataract operation the contract lenses is essential required or not. 3. In the case of after the operation any problem in right eye (pressure high/low or glaucoma) the contract lenses is remove form eye or not. 4. At present new medicine project available in market? New medicine/product name is advise to me. 5. Pressure of my right eye is 15.0 on 20.04.17 and vision is 6/9. Kindly help me and oblige.
Can viagra siladenfil cause permanent blindness I am taking since last 7 year around 4 to 5 tab per month 50 mg.
What is the reason for blackening below eyes. Am 22 years old male. Please suggest some ways to remove it.
Sir my eyes a have a something problem Everyday its light decrease I don't want to loss my eyes light help us.
Whenever I work on pc or read a book in a stretch of 2+ hours my head starts aching and eyes become watery. What should I do?
I have a problem of my EyeSight. My Right EyeSight is Proper working But my left EyeSight is -2.5. How is this. How can I Improve my EyeSight?
If I capture cover test of my eyes in my mobile camera then My eyes show squint.(exophoria). But" 4" eye specialist doctors diagnosed me with perfect orthophoria. Why my eyes show squint when I capture cover test of my own eyes?
Hi, Have been having eye aches and headache on one side of head for the past one week. I also sweat even when it's cold. Please help.
Hi, I am 17 years old, of course I'm male, My problem is that when I work in pc or any electronic device then I feel a short term pain in my head and falling the tears in my eyes. What I do?
Hello sir, help me Sir, I'm 23 years old and we do work on laptop for my project purpose and we live on computer upto 3 to 4 hours daily. But a few months I feel my left eyes darkness sometime so, what I do for my eye.
My left eye had become partly red, and paining when I close my eyebrows. Please suggest me some measures. HAVE ANL NICE DAY!
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.