Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhanu Prakash
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Bhanu PrakashYour feedback matters!
Can I be cured of epileptic fits? Actually it comes not by birth but before 8 years when I got fever my mom took me to one R.M.P clinic doctor he didn't given me antinode but another medicine then I got reaction then epilepsy came then I shown in hospital and im in medication after 3 years I neglected tablets which were given by physician then again it comes now (WHEN IT COMES IT WILL COME ON LIPS SHAKING I will be in conscious only lips shakes that's it) I'm using time to time now nothing I'm free I'm in medication I'm using eptoin 100 mg morning flouvite 5 mg afternoon in night eptoin 150 mg frisium 10 mg Can I be cured of epileptic fits? (Seizure) and Any problem in Future about this Epilepsy?
I am 22 years old. In past I had a migraine problem now I overcome that problem. Now I started a problem of cervical. From last month have a regular pain in my head. Behind the ears, neck everything pain is very bad please suggest me what to do and to whom I should concern.
Hi sir, I have small problem like migraine and health problem headache and fever how to get rid out off this please help me.
Parkinson’s disease adversely affects the way you move, as it is a neurodegenerative disorder. This happens when there are problems with certain nerve cells in the brain. These nerve cells produce an important chemical called Dopamine, which in turn sends signals to the region of our brain that takes care of the movement. This chemical help muscles to function smoothly and allow in carrying out one’s daily activities. When somebody is suffering from Parkinson’s disease, the nerve cells break down, thus hampering movements of limbs.
What Causes This Disease?
Over the years, a lot of research has taken place to find out the exact reasons due to which people get affected by Parkinson’s disease but till now neither scientists nor doctors have been able to come up with any solution. They are thinking on the lines of aging or hAarmful chemicals in the environment, to be possible causes for this neurological problem. Sometimes researchers even feel that this could be a hereditary problem but there is no concrete evidence to substantiate this statement.
Symptoms Of Parkinson’s
As discussed earlier, Parkinson’s occur in aged individuals, when nerve cells break down, when the chemical called Dopamine is no longer able to send signals to the brain. You can easily recognize Parkinson’s disease in any of your family members, if you come across certain symptoms, which are generally four of them:
- Trembling or shaking of limbs and these tremors can affect different body parts like, hands, arms and legs.
- Muscles become stiff, due to which it becomes tough for the affected individuals to move their limbs freely.
- Due to stiffness of muscles, movement becomes slow and thus each and every activity of theirs takes much more time than usual.
- People are unable to keep their balance and walk freely without any hindrance.
- Generally, tremor is the first thing you would notice in a person and thus instantly get to know that the person might be suffering from Parkinson’s.
- Problems of constipation or facing difficult in swallowing tend to happen as the disease goes on to affect all the muscles in one’s body.
- During the latter stages, someone who has Parkinson’s, might well have a blank expression to the face with problems being faced while trying to speak and other related issues. The symptoms of this disease usually start for people aged between 50 and 60 but at times, it can even crop up at an earlier stage.
Preventive Measures And Treatment
Let’s take a look at how you can prevent yourself from getting crippled by Parkinson’s Disease.
Unfortunately, as the disease is mostly age related, so after attaining the age of 60, if not from 50, there would be very few individuals who would not be the victims of Parkinson’s.
Research has revealed that having less of dairy and red meat and consuming more of fruits, vegetables and high-fibre foods, thus maintaining a healthy diet, can protect people from the dreaded disease.
I am 40 years old and a recently done brain mri for migraine accidently detected enlarge pituitary gland of 13mm. Will it retract back to normal with oral medicines or surgical intervention is must.
I have right side migraine & I have been advice by Dr. Flunarin 10 mg daily for 1 month, but I am not able to get sleep, Can I take Sleeping pills with this tablet, Is this a pain killer or a steroids, Pl advice.
A migraine often causes throbbing pain at one side of the head accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light, nausea and vomiting. The pain can last from a few hours to few days. Some warning signs of the pain take over include tingling of the leg or face, flashes of light and blind spots. Medication can help in avoiding the pain or manage it considerably.
Detection of a migraine is fairly easy for a medical professional. If a patient has a family history of a migraine, a doctor can prescribe the following to lock in on the diagnosis:
- Blood tests: Through blood tests, a doctor tries to understand any possible problems in the blood vessels, spinal cord or presence of other toxins in the system
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Better known as MRI, this is a process of capturing the detailed image of the blood vessels and the brain. It readily detects any possible problems related to a migraine.
- Computerized tomography: More commonly known as CT scan, this is a process of capturing an image through a line of x-rays to detect any possible problems related to a migraine.
- Lumbar puncture: This test is prescribed in extreme cases when a doctor suspects that there is a possible chance of bleeding in the brain.
What are the treatment options available?
There are two kinds of medications available- preventive medication and pain relieving medication. The treatment strategy is decided based on the frequency of the headaches and other health factors.
Some pain reliever medication includes triptan, ergots, opioid, glucocorticoids, anti-nausea medications etc. These medicines constrict the blood vessels and block the pathways of the pain in the brain cells. While some medicines are required to be consumed immediately after the symptoms starts, some should be taken regularly to avoid the pain in the first place. These pain relievers have side effects and should be consumed after prior discussion with a doctor.
Preventive medication, on the other hand, is only suggested by a doctor when a patient suffers from a migraine twice or more in a month, the pain lasts for more than 12 hours and the pain relievers do not work. Some of the common group of medicines that are suggested for these set of patients include cardiovascular drugs, anti-seizure drugs, anti-depressants, botox etc.
Alternative medicine approach:
Alternative medicines are often witnessed to fetch positive results for migraine patients:
- Acupuncture: this form of treatment involves inserting thin needles into the skin at various points to give relief from pain
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is a form of treatment which focuses on perceiving pain with behavioral changes.
- Biofeedback: This is a relaxation technique that teaches to control physical responses such as pain, stress, muscle contraction etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!