Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhanu PrakashYour feedback matters!
Want a healthier toothbrush try keeping it dry!
I am having blood in my mouth while sleeping. Some times the blood with saliva has yellow substance. What would be the reason.
My gum is shrinking day by day leading to gaps between teeths.After every meal .Some part gets struck in between teeth.Its irritating as well as worrying.Coz i hav to use toothpecks to remove them.Its smtym shameful when i eat outside.Help me
1. After 1st sitting is completed, temporary filling is given so be gentle in chewing from that side whithin that tooth as it is quite brittle.
2. You may eat when numbness worn off.(1.5-2 hrs)
3. After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, than you would be prescribed with reliving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
4. If your tooth was in pain prior to treatment, it may take few days for tooth to heal pain to be relived.
5. If your tooth was not in pain prior to treatment, your tooth may be quite sore for a few days after appointment, this soreness/pain will relieved with time, it may take as much as seven-ten days.
6. Take medicine on time complete the course, if you stop taking it your tooth may become infected.
It is very important to learn how to properly take care of your body while you are young. This way, as an adult, you will be able to keep yourself clean and healthy. When we don't take care of our bodies, we can get sick. We can catch colds and stomach bugs from not washing our hands, and we can get diseases on our skin and in our hair from not keeping it clean. Keeping our bodies clean will keep us healthy, and that will keep us happy and feeling good.
When you take care of your body by keeping your skin and hair clean, it isn't just because you want to look good. When you are in school, you can catch illnesses more easily because you are around lots of other kids. Germs can spread through the air and can get us sick if they get into our bodies, too. There are even illnesses we can get from not having clean hair, so it is important to always keep our head and hair clean. Washing our bodies and hair every day with soap and warm water in the shower or bath will allow us to rid ourselves of germs, dirt, and body odor. Be sure to take a bath every day before school or at night before bed. When you bathe, wash your face, hair, armpits, ears, neck, and other places that get dirty.
Our hands touch everything, and then we touch our face and get germs into our bodies. Washing your hands is so important in order to keep from getting sick. Sneezing, using the bathroom, playing outside, playing with pets, blowing our nose, and taking out the trash can get so many germs on our hands. We must always wash our hands after we do these things, especially when we are getting ready to eat a meal or snack or prepare food. It is important to use soap every time we wash our hands so that it will get rid of the germs that make us sick. Wet your hands, lather them up with soap, and then rub them around for at least 15 to 20 seconds. Rinse them well, making sure to get all of the suds off, then dry your hands on a clean towel. It is a good idea to keep your fingers out of your mouth, nose, and eyes so that you aren't getting germs into your body.
By the time you are in elementary school, you should be visiting your dentist on a regular basis. Even though the dentist cleans our teeth, we must do our part at home to make sure that our mouths, teeth, and gums stay healthy. Keeping your mouth healthy will help you to keep other parts of your body healthy as well. We should be brushing our teeth at least twice every day, once in the morning and once before bed. Be sure to brush all of your teeth, even the ones in the back that are hard to reach. If you can do it yourself, you should floss your teeth, too. Whenever we eat, food can be left behind between our teeth, and this can cause problems. Gently move the floss between each tooth in order to make sure your remove any food or plaque left behind after brushing. It is a good idea to brush your tongue in order to have fresh breath, too. Eating a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables will help to keep your mouth and teeth clean.
Other health and hygiene practices
Staying healthy and living a healthy lifestyle will help you to keep your body free from disease and sickness. When we take care of ourselves, we can stay healthier. Try to get enough sleep at night: you will feel better and do better in school when you've gotten a good night's sleep. Kids in elementary school need around 10 to 11 hours of sleep every night. Eating a healthy diet will help your body to stay healthy as well. When we fuel our bodies with fruits, vegetables, healthy grains, and protein, we can look and feel better. Eating a diet that is beneficial for your body will help you to grow stronger as you get older, too. Exercising daily will help you to stay healthy and will also help you to get a good night's sleep every night. Each day, try to get at least 30 minutes of activity so that your body gets adequate exercise. Get active, play hard, and get your heart rate up by riding your bike, playing basketball, jogging, or jumping rope, which are all great ideas to get good exercise each day. You can also do activities inside that will benefit your body, like dancing, playing active games, or even playing tag. Staying active will help you live a healthy lifestyle.
You are in the middle of a hot summer afternoon and decide to have some ice to cool off. Suddenly you hear a crackle and something comes into your mouth that doesn't quite taste like ice. Oops! That's a part of your broken teeth! Although your first instinct is to panic, don't worry as there are a lot of things dentists can do these days to fix chipped teeth.
A tooth may chip off for some other reasons too. Decay being one of the main culprits, it erodes the top enamel leaving the tooth exposed to decay. Taking an unsightly fall or getting your teeth broken in a fight are some of the other reasons why your teeth may break o partially chip off. Here are some things you can do:
- Take care of you chipped tooth: The first thing to do when you realize that you have a chipped tooth is to see a dentist. If you are unfortunately suffering from this problem on a weekend when a dentist near you isn't accessible, keep the jagged edge of the broken tooth covered with a sugarless chewing gum or paraffin. If you get hungry, opt for a liquid diet or soft solids that don't require chewing.
- Treatment: Filling or bonding that is if you've chipped a visible tooth in your frontline, your dentist will use a tooth coloured composite resin for a 'bonding' procedure. If it is one of your inside teeth, your dentist may try a simple 'filling' to fix things up. Bonding is pretty much 'gluing' bits of your artificial teeth on. The dentist clears up the surface to place the adhesive and sticks the bonding material and then hardens it into shape with ultraviolet light.
- Adding a crown or dental cap: This procedure is used when a larger piece of tooth chips off, it happens mainly due to decay. The dentist will chip off the edges from your broken teeth and cover it with a crown or cap to protect the tooth from further damage. The cap also acts as a cosmetic fixture not making anyone realize that it is different from your real teeth.
Patients are generally given a choice on the material for the cap, which they can choose based on cost and cosmetics. A metal cap is the strongest, but can make you look like a villain from yesteryears, which has an evil glint in every smile. The other common options are porcelain fused to metal, all ceramic or all resin. This procedure will require more than one visit for x-rays, taking an impression of the tooth, trial for your crown and finally fixing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.