Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Bhanu PrakashYour feedback matters!
My mother recently extract 4 teeth, in front lower. Now dr saying remove all, what is the reason. Any chance of oral cancer, he is not recommended any testing, what we will do
Dental health might come across as a rather innocuous problem, but there is no reason for us to take it lightly. Dental health often functions as the index to an overall good health and it is extremely crucial for one and all to maintain the utmost hygiene level. Your teeth are arguably one of the most susceptible parts of your body wherein the slightest neglect can result in substantial damage. Dental ailment pans across a variety of diseases which unless immediately arrested, can potentially inflict a lot of harm.
We all know about that dreaded toothache and it is not an experience that one would like reliving. Although dentists with their whole host of extractions, fillings and excisions often help in soothing those toothaches, for a more natural mode of healing and remedying dental disorders, one may turn to Ayurveda. Ayurveda regards healthy lifestyle practices like balanced and wise dietary choices and diligent brushing as the most fundamental requisite for maintaining your oral health.
Some of the advisable methods for upholding oral hygiene can be enlisted as follows:
- Dant Dhavani or Brushing: As an alternative to the new age bristle brushes, Ayurveda recommends the herbal chewing sticks for the purpose of brushing. As per Ayurveda, the effect is better in those sticks which have a bitter or an astringent taste. For this purpose, Neem, Licorice, Cutch, Arjuna, Milkweed or Fever Nut are best suited.
- Gargling with rock salt and mustard oil: For the upkeep of oral hygiene, it is a healthy practice to massage the gums with mustard oil and rock salt. One can gargle it off with warm water after leaving it for a span of five minutes. Persistent following of this method can bring considerable improvement to your oral hygiene. It is also a good way to mitigate the impacts of asthma and migraine.
- Jivha Lekhana or Tongue Scraping: Pure metal is endowed with a lot of health boosting properties. Thus, instead of stainless steel tongue cleaners, Ayurveda advocates the use of scrapers made of gold, silver or copper. This helps in battling bad odor and enhances your sense of taste. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
1. Bite firmly on the gauze pads covering each extraction site for atleast 30 min to help stop the bleeding
2. Do not rinse vigorously, suck on straws, smoke, drink alcohol or brush teeth next to the extraction site for 48 hours.
3. Do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
4. If possible chew on the opposite side of your extraction site. Drink lots of liquids and eat soft, nutritious foods. Strictly avoid hard, hot food & drinks for first 24 hours.
5. Avoid excessive mouth opening, yawning, spitting etc
6. If bleeding continues, call your dentist.
Hi my teeth are breaking i guess they are brittle. Front teeth i went to the dentist he said may be it is deficiency of calcium what can i do. Shall i get my calcium tested and can there by any other reason for the same so that i an get tests in one go
I accidentally bites my inner side of lower lips. After 2-3 days, it coverts into mouth ulcer. Mouth ulcer is der from last 4-5 days. What is treatment for it? What medication should I take for it? Is antibiotic like ofloxacin required for mouth ulcer?
Know how Root Canal treatment helps to save a tooth
Hi friends I am doctor Premendra Goyal. Lot of questions are asked to us about whether to save a tooth or to extract it. I will talk to you about root canal treatment today which is a treatment by which we can save your tooth and it can serve for a lifetime with good maintenance. A tooth basically is a lot of hard tissue with some tissue in the center, you can it the heart of your tooth which in our language is called as pulp and layman end up calling it something as nerve. Once that nerve or pulp portion of your tooth is exposed to the oral cavity in some way may be a fracture of your tooth, may be decay, cavities- as we call them, once the heart of your tooth, the pulp of your tooth, the nerve of your tooth is exposed to the oral cavity your tooth is in danger. Tissue goes bad, infection travels, it goes deeper and it enters your bone area.
Now to save that tooth or not that is the first question that comes to the mind. By saving that tooth we are saving the natural thing that nature has given us. We have been trying to replace or replicate what nature has given us, but 100% replication of what nature has given us is not possible till date. So the best option is always to save a natural thing, and that can be easily done by root canal treatment. In root canal treatment I will try to explain in as simple language as simple the procedure is for the patient. I will reiterate- for the patient, for the clinician or for your dentist it definitely is a process which involves a lot of intricacies but for a patient it is a very simple procedure, wherein local anesthesia is given and the area is numbed and you don’t feel any pain when you undergo the treatment.
A small hole is drilled on the top of the tooth, if it is a grinder, if it is the front tooth the hole is drilled on the back side of your tooth and the nerve area is accessed. And through small instruments the inside and the root area of your tooth is cleaned, up it is shaped, it is disinfected with lot of medicaments and then it is finally filled up with artificial material and then your tooth is restored to normalcy with a cap sometimes or a post which is a support inside the root and building up with the tooth canal material or a material of your choice.
I will give you a broad overview about how a root canal treatment goes about in the pictorial representation. (Displaying pictures) Suppose this was the decayed tooth, a small opening is made on the top of the tooth, we enter the tooth with small instruments, and with the advent of newer technologies it is possible today to complete your root canal in one single sitting, a half an hour to 45 minute appointment and you can end up with a painless tooth. First the root canal is cleaned, it is disinfected with certain medicaments, a artificial filling is placed in the root and then the tooth is restored on the top. So the question of whether to save a tooth or whether to extract it ends up with a proper restored tooth which works for a very long time serving you, thank you.
For more information you can contact us via Lybrate.