Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhagya Lakshmi
Submit a review for Dr. Bhagya LakshmiYour feedback matters!
For eg I have a desk job and in the last 2 year my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs I want to lose weight please halp.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do, so suggest so things for rew this problem.
I am thin from Childhood. I even joined the gym but it had only minor effect on my body. What should I do to gain health?
Sir I want to know that due to acne many dark spots occur on my face. And also on my face there is small small pores which are very ugly to see. I don't want to make pores more larger. Can these pores can permanently b cured. Please suggest me any cream or anything else to cure dark spots and decrease the size of pores. And also Please tell me any best sunscreen which has no side effect on the skin. Because my skin is oily and sensitive. My age is 21 and I am a male. Please help I shall b very thankful to you.
What are the symptoms of malaria, I am suffering from fever from last 10 days till the time I take medicine the fever is gone for3-4 hours again after 4 hours as the effect of medicine goes low I start to feel cold and again I feel fever.
Blood pressure readings above 140/90 are classified as hypertension or high blood pressure. Hypertension causes straining of blood vessels and an interruption in the blood flow. There are no specific symptoms, but prolonged uncontrolled hypertension can lead to a heart attack or brain stroke.
Listed below are a few ways to reduce high blood pressure:
- Limit your salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body, leading to high blood pressure. To avert hypertension, cut down on your daily salt intake to a maximum of one tablespoon.
- Indulge in physical exercise: If you are suffering from pre-hypertension (mild hypertension), it can be avoided or controlled by engaging in physical exercise such as brisk walk, swimming or playing a sport. Exercising regularly can lower blood pressure levels by 5 mmHg (millimetres of mercury).
- Bask in the sun: Exposure to sunlight alters the nitric oxide levels in your blood which leads to reduction in blood pressure. Thus, soaking up the sun can prove to be a great way to avoid a stroke in future.
- Add ginger and cardamom to your diet: The two spices, ginger and cardamom, provide required warmth to your body and help in stabilising the circulation of blood in your body and help in bringing down blood pressure levels.
- Add more green vegetables to your diet: Green vegetables, preferably the leafy ones, are rich in nutrients such as magnesium, iron and folate which help in maintaining the blood circulation that is essential for combating high blood pressure.
- Switch to decaf coffee: If you can’t give up coffee entirely, switch to decaf beverages as caffeine is responsible for tightening your blood vessels which leads to increased stress and blood pressure levels.
- Start drinking tea: Herbals teas such as chamomile, ginger, green tea and hibiscus tea contain herbal properties which soothe your blood vessels and nourish the blood flow. Herbal teas also help in hydration and rejuvenation of fluids in your body.
- Update your playlist: Music is proven to be therapeutic and updating your playlist with soothing Sufi, Celtic or Instrumental tunes can help you relax your mind and combat stress related blood pressure spikes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!