Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Bc RathnaYour feedback matters!
I'm 23 year old male. I'm suffering with head ache and eyes ache continuously whole day. If I go out in sun, aches are too much. I tested my eyes also and they said sight is normal. Wt may be the problem.
I m using specks I want to use contact lenses is it better than specks? Or not please help is dre any types of side effects?
I'm a software professional, my eyes strain a lot I work. Any remedy/suggestion in lifestyle to prevent this ?
I have red eyes. How can I get ride from them. I mean from redness. I hate it. I was white clear eyes. Thank you.
I have floater s in my eyes these days they are disturbing when I see bright sky and my eye sight is -8 and -8.5 I had very small laser treatment for both of my eyes for filling weak areas ,can I use homeopathic eye pellets for floaters my doubt is do they harm my eye.
My daughter 15 years old, she is studding in inter 1st year, from last 8 years she wear glasses point 3.0, what is the next steps I will take about her eyes care which is best, economical, safe, easy, confer table, please gave me a suggestion. Thanking you doctor.
I have eye problem. I use 2D lenses glass. But I did not want use google or contacted lens. Can you suggest me for lesic operation.
Sir/Mam, I am 17 years old I have eye side about (-2.5D) problem what should be do for avoiding grow much weaker eyes? Mam please provide a specific health chart.
I am 20 years old. And I am wearing spectacles for 2 years. My eye site are less than normal. The no. Of glasses is -1.75 and -1.50. I want to join. IAF. So I have to improve my vision for qualify the eligibility criteria. And want to remove spectacles if it possible. please suggest me the way to get it.
I am preparing for NEET, due to constant studies my eyes n head pains many a times a day, there is no visnory defect, I can clearly see everything whether it is nearer or further, it gives me some relief by splashing of water but for more consistent effect wht should I do? Thank you.
I want to ask how to overcome from puffiness of eyes or swelling under eyes. My mother is suffering from this problem.
My brother is 18 Years Old. He Blinks his eyes rapidly since childhood. Doctor says it is TICS and require no medication. My question is if TICS require no medication than why Some other patients are prescribed medicine for it.
I am having hairfall from the last three weeks and can't understand what to do along with that I am also having red eyes. What should I do?
Here are health tips of Childhood Squint
Hi, I'm Dr. Archana Gupta Mahajan. I'm a senior consultant at Pediatric Ophthalmology, squint at Bharti Eye Hospital. Today I'm going to talk a little bit about childhood squint. I just wanted to say this that squint as a problem is not unsymptomptable. Any child that you notice is squinting, parents should bring the child for check up as early as possible to a Pediatric Ophthalmologist.
A detail evaluation including dilated evaluation would be done and whatever treatment is needed needs to do be done. That means either glasses, it might be exercised, also timely surgery. So surgery is not something to be scared of. A squint Sergey is an extracular surgery, it’s a very simple surgery and done at the right time it is sight saving. Also under sum up in the end and say this at the moment you notice a squint in a child you should be brought it for a check up. Children should be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist before 3 years of age years or before the child goes to school.
Thank you. Any queries you can connect with me at lybrate.com or call up our hospital at Bharti Eye Hospital.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters: