Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Bc RathnaYour feedback matters!
Sir my friend regularly complaints about his eye pain and he is very worried about that. Please tell me a solution.
I have not been able to seeing the view conveniently in the screen of phone or television if the view is some brighter for some months. I use my phone on night screen even on day time. I can see everything clearer but after few minutes my eyes starts paining n tears comes out. please help me to get through this.
My Eyes are paining since last 3 days,Due to that I got a headache also.My daily schedule is: Working on Computer for around 8 hours 20-25 Cigarettes per day Food-Breakfast and Dinner Living- Alone Stress Level:Medium Sleep:Around 7 Hours Please suggest is it due to stress or smoking or working on computer.How can I get rid of this pain.
Eye pain for the last 2yrs. Eye has been operated for catritc. Eye vision only 5 %. My age is 68 yrs. Got dibetic n hypertenssion. Pls help
He has a problem with his eye. When work on computer his eyes get stressed very quickly and tear comes from eyes. What is the solution sir.
I have red eye problem,eye going to be stess with redness,after that head ache will accuring,2 days consulted famous opthomologist he said u don't have any alergy eyes are going to be strain u dont have any prblome and the Said use any lubrication.but im suffering daily with redeye and stress feeling I'm not going to be active what can I do plz help me sir
What are the precautions for short tightness. Give me the complete details of LASIK laser treatment thank you.
I am unmarried I had unprotected anal sex 3-5 times.In future does it leads to any hiv with my wife after my marriage. Is there is any chance to cure it.
I am 26 years male and due to working on computer most of the time my eyesight gets worst day by day. So any treatment orbprecautions to gets my eyesight back to normal.
My eye is swelled from last 4 or 5 days. It is totally red now and the swelling is from ear to nose. It is paining and burning lot. Can you tell me what happened and what is the treatment? Yesterday and tomorrow water is coming from eye like tears. I am having allergy tablets also so please suggest me treatment keeping in mind that thing.
My wife is diagonised'with dimension of vision for the left eye. The best corrected visual acuity is 6/6 in the right eye and counting fingers @3m N36 in the left eye. Anterior segment was within normal limits. Intra ocular pressure was 18mmHg in both eyes. Fundus Examination revealed drusen in the right eye and choroidal neovascular membrane with sub- retinal haemorrhage and sub-retinal fluid in the left eye, confirmed with optical coherence tomography (OCT). 1) What is advisable line of treatment for her? 2) How far it is successful ?3) Can she get normal vision after treatment or only it is going arrest further deterioration? Kindly give a reply. She has been advised to take treatment as early as possible.
I am 20 years old and I worked 12 hours on pc or smartphone. Should I take any special glasses or anything.
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"