Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Basharat NadeemYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm 23 years male from last 2 years I'm suffering from cold in all seasons and mostly I get red bumps in throat and little white spots on tonsils and swelling tonsils when I take medicines in relief for some time and comes back again and again from last 2 years so should I get some surgery like removing tonsils or it can be removed by regular salt water gargle.
I have irritation and pain in nose and unable to sneez as inside its hard and while cleaning blood start coming inspite of using antibiotic no improvement after 40 days pl suggest,
BPPV or Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is a major cause of vertigo. This is a condition that gives a sensation of head spin all of a sudden. It also results in dizziness in brief episodes. The severity level can vary from intense to mild. BPPV is triggered with certain changes of the head position. Although BPPV is bothersome, it isn’t serious unless there is a chance of a person falling abruptly because of the head spin. There are ample treatment options available to address this problem.
Symptoms of BPPV
BPPV includes some of the following symptoms:
a. Loss of balance
c. Feeling of the surrounding spinning
d. Vomiting and nausea
e. Rhythmic movement of the eye
When to seek medical attention?
If dizziness is accompanied with one of the below-mentioned symptoms, it is time to urgently seek medical attention and get vertigo addressed for good:
- Hear loss
- Tingling or numbness
- Fever accompanies with severe headache
- Arm or leg weakness
- Problems with vision
- Difficulty in walking
- Becoming unconscious
Causes of BPPV:
If there is on known cause associated with BPPV, the condition is termed as idiopathic BPPV. In most of the cases, though, BPPV is associated with a severe to minor blow to the head. Other causes include an injury to the inner ear, prolonged sitting position in a fixed posture, even migraine pain is at times associated with BPPV.
What are the risk factors?
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is likely to occur in the age group of 50 and above, this being said it can happen at any age in case of any injuries. Statistically, it is found that the likelihood of BPPV is more in women than men. Head injury of any sort is by far the most likely reason of BPPV.
What are the tests and diagnosis involved?
A doctor is likely to perform a physical examination followed by a series of tests. Some typical signs that a doctor looks for include the following:
Ability to control eye movement- especially side to side movement
Symptoms of dizziness
In case it is difficult to spot the symptoms, a doctor might suggest video- nystagmography or electronystagmography. It helps to track irregular eye movement. An MRI can also be prescribed to study the cross-sectional images of the body and the head.
Treatments associated with BPPV:
BPPV mostly go away within months or weeks on its own. If however, it still persists, a doctor can suggest Canalith Repositioning- series of small movements that helps to counter BPPV. For extreme cases, a doctor might advise a surgery for blocking the portion of the inner ear that might be causing the problem. It guarantees close to a 100 percent fix to BPPV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
I got a bend nose. D bone inside my nose us bend. So if I do surgery will it make my nose look normal straight.
I am a boy of age 21 I have an head when I got caught cold the head ache is behind my ears from internal when I consult to my Dr. He says its sinus but sinus is in front then why I do have head ache and what I should do to cure it.?
Hi good afternoon sir/madam my name is preetham kumar I am suffering from sinus problem in rainy and winter season how can I solve the problem at home itself.
I have throat infection for so many days and it get worst day by day especially during winter. Can you please give me some preventive measures so that it can be cured? And also prescribe some medicines?
Sir, I feel like having swelling in right side of my throat I have taken medicine and their is a relief but some time I fill like kindling. When I pressing their is no pain at all. Also not having any pain while eating or drinking.
Hello doctor, My 4 year old son have a branchial sinus in right cheek. What is the appropriate step I should take for his cure. Is that severe or medium severe.
I have a recurrent tonsillitis This is 2nd time in a month. Please guide me what would I do its paining so much. Couldn't even able to swallow anything.
Sometimes I'm getting throat tightness and variety sensation over backside, its not a pain, but its a unbearable situation. Along with that little bit shortness of breath also there. Can you help me what exactly this problem and whom I have to consult?
My temple is paining from 5 month what to do? my eyes are ok and my brain mri scan is showing very mild front sinusitis. What to do?
Hi, its aman. My health issue is my nose is always running when ever I goes in light dirt or any something hard perfume or smells goes in my nose. Its always hard cough in my mouth.
I am 52 years old male 160 cms height. while sleeping in routine my one of the nostrils is blocked when I wakeup after 5 to 10 minutes my nostril is normal. I this this effects my oxygen saturation resulting I feel lazy during day. My body wt. Is 72 kgs. kindly suggest
There is a pain in my nose on only half right side when I touch it. What is this problem? and also it causes pain in cine's. Please help me.
Hi I have an ear problem when I am using a cold water or banana fruit on that time my ears are paining and water and white water is coming out. This problem is already I have face past 5 years back and I am using candibiotic ear drop I am using then it's relief. And again I will eat banana or any cold thing .again it's pain able .and I have show in ent hospital again they are giving the same ears drops .and facing same problem.
Sore throat can have many kinds of manifestations and the extent of soreness varies as well. Homeopathy offers multiple remedies for the varying degrees of an inflamed throat. These are some of the best homeopathic drugs in accordance with their symptoms:
- Aconitum: This medicine should be taken at the early onset of a sore throat. When there is redness of the throat and in addition to it swelling and burning, this can be the ideal remedy.
- Apis: This medicine is advisable when children have inflamed, red throat along with tonsils which become swollen with the consumption of hot food and beverages. In such instances, the child can’t swallow without experiencing recurring pain. The inflamed outer and inner throats are accompanied by a feeling of something being stuck in the throat due to an enlarged uvula.
- Belladonna: Acute tonsillitis is best treated with belladonna. Preferably it should be used at the onset of a sore throat. The tonsils appear scarlet red. Even though swallowing is painful, there is a desire to do so nevertheless. The throat feels constricted. In such cases the extremities are very cold despite the head feeling hot.
- Arsenicum: This is again a wonder drug for children experiencing pain in the larynx that is relieved when hot drinks and food are consumed, and worsened by any cold edibles. The right side of the throat generally experiences greater pain. This pain is accompanied by a dry mouth and an increased thirst.
- Ferrum Phos: This is an effective remedy for nonviolent and acute tonsillitis. The pain is often bearable and the onset of the inflammation is gradual. Swallowing often becomes difficult and leads to pain whereas cold brings relief to the throat.
- Lachesis: This drug is usually prescribed when the child has throat pain on the left side. The right gland of the throat is less swollen than the left. There is also a constant tickling sensation. The throat becomes extra sensitive to any kind of touch or pressure and these children hence dislike wearing tight clothing and collars.
- Hepar Sulph: This medicine is advisable for children when they start experiencing a sore throat right after they have been out in the cold, for way too long. The tonsils swell up and there is a constant throbbing pain. This pain tends to fluctuate and it also radiates to the ears when the child swallows. Some relief is experienced when consuming hot drinks. These children tend to be highly irritable.