Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Basavaraj

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB (Genitourinary Surgery)

Urologist, Bangalore

15 Years Experience  ·  250 at clinic
Dr. Basavaraj MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB (Genitourinary Surgery) Urologist, Bangalore
15 Years Experience  ·  250 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. Basavaraj
Dr. Basavaraj is one of the best Urologists in Hesaraghatta, Bangalore. He has over 15 years of experience as a Urologist. He is a qualified MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB (Genitourinary Surgery) . You can meet Dr. Basavaraj personally at Sapthagiri Super Speciality Hospital in Hesaraghatta, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. Basavaraj on

Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Urologists with more than 41 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - JJM Medical College, - 2002
MS - General Surgery - Sri Devaraj Urs medical College, Bangalore University, - 2006
DNB (Genitourinary Surgery) - St John's Medical College, Bangalore, - 2012
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Sapthagiri Super Speciality Hospital

#15, Hesaraghatta Main Road, Near-Bonemill Bus Stop, Chikkalasandra, Bangalore, Karnataka 560073Bangalore Get Directions
250 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Basavaraj

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I suffer a problem in which a small amount of watery yellowish smelly fluid leaks through the anus region What are the remedies for that?

General Surgeon, Gandhinagar
Respected lybrate-userhi it seems some infection related. You need to provide its duration associated fever body ache bleeding in stool consistency of stool use of tobacco & recent change in food habits then definately I will be able to cure you dear thanks regards.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Hyderabad
Drinking water sufficiently will reduce urinary tract infections and kidney stones. Lemon has potassium that will reduces oxalates cirbonates.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I often have pain in my bladder and my lower back. I have already diagnosed and found that I have a kidney stone. Is there any medication I could do.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi, there is no need to go under surgery for renal calculus. So don't worry and take the below given homoeopathic treatment:- take homoeopathic medicine berberis vulgaris q, 15 drops with water twice daily. Hydrangea q, 15 drops with warm water once daily in the after noon. Take ayurvedic medicine neeri syrup, 2 tsp twice daily. Take can notharis 30, 5 drops once daily in the morning. Revert me after 7 days. ****most important drink plenty of water.*****
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I have a red blade urine from one month and it is very painful what should I do plez help me.

General Physician, Cuttack
Get your urine Re/Me ,and USG kUB done and consult urologist for advice and treatment. It could be due to urinary tract infection or stone in kidney/ureter/ and bladder
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 66 and suffering from urination problem. Can not urinate with speed. If I try to give speed it is stopped more. So I have to urinate at ease and it takes time to clear the stock. This is for about 5 years. How should I get rid of this problem?

Urologist, Kolkata
Dear sir, at your your age this symptoms classically correlate with a condition called benign hyperplasia of prostate where the median lobe of prostate is enlarged. Depending on its size there are various modalities of treatment including medical and surgical choices. Get an usg of kubp region done and share the reports with me so that I can give you proper advice. Please do not ignore because if the size of prostate gets more enlarged, one day it will cause acute retention of urine and it will be an emergency because you will be suffering from a lot of pain as the urine will get stuck. Please do the investigation as soon as possible and consult with me so that I can help you with medications.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 15 year old boy. I masturbate oftenly. Today I started fingering my anus. But it hurts a lot and some white hard liquid came out. My anus smells so bad because my finger does smells bad after I fingered.

General Surgeon, Srinagar
Dear, you should meet a general surgeon asap. He will be able to assess your problem and guide you better.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 21 year old I have one kidney from last 10 years how to protect my kidney & what type food I have to eat?

FIMSA, MD-Nephrology, DM - Nephrology, Critical Care Medicine, MBBS
Nephrologist, Delhi
You have not mentioned the reason for nephrectomy. Anyways, you should take all precautions to prevent kidney damage. Protein & salt intake should be restricted. Maintain normal bp, body weight, blood sugar. Do not consume alcohol, tobacco, pain killers, antibiotics. Exercise regularly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having a problem with kidney in which there is a problem of release of albumin in urine. I am having my creatinine level 1.4 would you consult what to do and why is this happening.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Are you Diabetic or having High BP ?as these are common cause of kidney damage Treatment is directed towards treatment of cause like uncontrolled blood sugar/ high BP etc we can not reverse kidney damage but we can make slow progression of disease by focusing on treatment of cause.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 32 years old, I have pain while urinating and even I seen blood in urine other symptoms like a more frequent urge to urinate, pain in vagina while urinating, chills etc, please help me and what medicine I should take.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Palakkad
Homoeopathic medicine can perfectly clear your urinary problems within 2 to 4 days if medicine taken properly as per the instructions of a qualified homoeopath. No side effects in homoeopathic medicines. 100% rapid and permanent results. While taking homoeopathic medicines you must avoid coffee and soft drinks. Be cool and be relaxed. Nothing to worry. For treatment consult. Homoeopathic medicines like can notharis, berberis, apis, causticum, sepia are some of the medicines which cure the urinary problems soon.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have stone in my kidney since last three years and sometimes I have pain from stomach to back bone its uncontrollable pain.

Hi what is the size of kidney stone, avoid tomatoes, sea foods like fish prons, avoid or lessen the intake green leafy vegetables, drink plenty of water, tender coconut water, you can try ayurvedic medicines for more details you can massage me in private.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have problem of urinal time of urine is not coming in force & on time there is some kind of pain there. please advise?

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear , firstly if you are not drinking enough water then also urine flow would be less so you must try to increase your water intake till urine almost watery white if that is not the case then you may have anal fissure due to passage of hard faces then other common problems would be infection and obstruction or stone. So get urine tested and then usg (kub) with full bladder volume, bladder wall thickness on full bladder and post-void residual urine measurement.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How to prevent kidney stone and what to do if somebody suffering from this problem?

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi, prevention of kidney stones may include a combination of lifestyle changes and medications. Lifestyle changes you may reduce your risk of kidney stones if you: drink water throughout the day. For people with a history of kidney stones, drink 12-14 glasses of water everyday. If you live in a hot, dry climate or you exercise frequently, you may need to drink even more water to produce enough urine. If your urine is light and clear, you're likely drinking enough water. 1 eat fewer oxalate-rich foods. If you tend to form calcium oxalate stones, restrict foods rich in oxalates. These include rhubarb, beets, bhindi (okra), spinach, swiss chard, sweet potatoes, nuts, tea, chocolate and soy products. Choose a diet low in salt and animal protein. Reduce the amount of salt you eat and choose non animal protein sources, such as legumes. Consider using a salt substitute. Continue eating calcium-rich foods, but use caution with calcium supplements. Calcium in food doesn't have an effect on your risk of kidney stones. Continue eating calcium-rich foods unless your doctor advises otherwise. Ask your doctor before taking calcium supplements, as these have been linked to increased risk of kidney stones. You may reduce the risk by taking supplements with meals. Diets low in calcium can increase kidney stone formation in some people. Medication: take homoeopathic medicine - berberis vulgaris q/ 10 drops in 1/2 cup of water/ thrice daily for 4 weeks. Revert me back.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I m 39 year old male I m suffering from fissure for last 9 months what is the treatment.

PGDMLS, PGDHHM, LLB, PhD Surgery, MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Gurgaon
Anal fissure improves with general measures but may require surgery. The general measures I would suggest are 1. Take lot of vegetables & fruits in your diet 2. Avoid chillies & spices 3. Take lot of fluids 4. Avoid constipation 5 periodically do anal exercises (alternately contracting & relaxing the buttocks, anal area & upper thighs) 6. Take sitz bath 3-4 times a day. This means sitting in a tub of warm water & doing anal exercises 7. Atleast once get it examined by a general surgeon. Purulent discharge might be due to a fistula. The surgeon will find it on examination.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have stone in my liver please hlp me its pain is too much please hlp me to remove it give some medicines nd home treatments to remove it.

Phd - Complementary & Alternative Medicine
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Hyderabad
Take papaya regularly.Include high fiber like salads,green leafy veges in your diet. You can take our supplements for immediate relief like liver detoxifier,omega-3
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

age 56 having an issue of bilateral polycystic kidney her critini level is 3.7 and blood urea is 100 what to do..

MBBS, DNB (General Surgery), MNAMS (Membership of the National Academy) (General Surgery) , Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Fellow of Indian association og gastro intestinal endo surgeons
General Surgeon, Ghaziabad
Renal faliure due to polycystic kidney disease requires medical treatment only. Dialysis may required in some cases. But do consult your nephrologist to rule out any obstructive cause which can corrected surgically or by endoscopy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a stone on both kidney. After doing ultrasound it showed multiple calculi of maximum 5 mm. Please suggest which medicine to take.

MD - Radio Diagnosis/Radiology
Radiologist, Jammu
Hii, 5 mm stones are not of big size, if there is no pain or any other symptoms, I suggest you to drink 5-6 litres water daily, this vil remove your stones regularly and help in further formation, make it a habit to drink 5-6 litre water daily In case of pain, take some pain killer.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is a kidney patient. She is 54 year old. Her creatinine and Urea level is much higher then the normal. I want a food chart for her.

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please Avoid oily spicy and fast food, non veg food, processed food Take salads and fruits more Take plenty of water daily Give Gokharu kadha 20 ml twice a day for 3 weeks Punarnavasav 20 ml twice a day for 3 weeks Check her sr creatinine and blood urea after 3 wks Send me report on Lybrate.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed