Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Basavaraj. S. Kyavater
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Basavaraj. S. KyavaterYour feedback matters!
If the pain and weakness in the arm caused by rotator cuff tear persists, despite the conservative treatment, surgery is recommended. Post Rotator Cuff repair surgery, it is normal to experience pain and stiffness in the initial 4-6 weeks after surgery.
I will get sometimes knee pain. I don't know why. So I can't walk a long distance. please help. Me what can I do.
The pain which a person experiences as a result of having a herniated disc can be quite debilitating, to tell you the truth. However, taking into due account the fact that all a person in such a situation would want would be to be up and running as soon as possible.
In order for this to happen, as would be expected, he or she would need to go through the options which are available for treatment of a herniated disc. There are various types of herniated disc treatments which are available though it can be said that conservative treatments are preferred as these treatments do not require surgery to be carried out on the person who is suffering from the issue.
The course of this sort of treatment lasts somewhere between one month to one and a half months. The aim of conservative treatment is to reduce or minimise the pain that is automatically associated with a herniated disc. There is a strategy to help a person improve by which he or she is provided with medicine for the purpose of pain relief while physiotherapy is made use of to make the underlying condition better.
Surgical treatment may be required, if the case is such that the person has lost a great degree of function and is in pain that seems to be pretty much unbearable. `If the person has a lumbar herniated disc, then the conservative treatment for this sort of case would require him or her to apply ice and heat from a warm source to provide relief to the area. If the pain is very bad yet the person is determined not to undergo surgery then the answer would be to consume some oral steroids or narcotic pain medications. One should surely keep in mind that this is only to carried out as per the prescription of a doctor who is trained and experienced to a sufficient degree.
If surgery is required for this sort of herniated disc, then it is likely to be a lumbar decompression surgery which aims to allow for the growth of the spine back to health as a result of removing the herniated disc. When it comes to cervical herniated disc treatment, conservative solutions include using drugs like ibuprofen and physical therapy; similar to solving lumbar herniated discs. However, surgical treatment for cervical herniated discs warrants anterior cervical decompression; where the disc is removed from the front of the neck. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Hi Drs, I have bad posture problem due to which I am facing lot of problem in my day to day life. I tried ayurvedic massage, physiotherapy but nothing works. Whenever I sit or stand with someone they do exercises just like teasing me, lowering my confidence. Its hectic now for me to live, creating metal stress. Now I heard some foam roller are used to reduce stress in muscles. When I visited physiotherapists they told me its due to weak muscles but why those weak muscles to me only there are too many people in world which don't have such problem. Please help m on this.
Hello, I am having pain radiating from right lower back till right knee including some pain and discomfort in right groin, brook an CT KUB which shows no renal stones but grade 1 antereolisthesis of L5 over S1, doc has prescribed me voveran75 mg for 5 days twice a day. I have taken one dose already even after 5 hrs of taking tablet pain hasn't reduced at all. Can someone tell me how long does it take to heal and is there a way to heal faster.
My husband got jerk in lower back. And he is feeling too much pain. He can't move. What should to do.
I am 58 years old I have continuous knee pain. I met se overall accident earlier. Is there any medicine without pain killers. Secondly my penis not erected properly. Hence I am not be able to get the best way of getting sexual enjoy. Can it be possible to revive again at this age .please advice.
Hi sir I have an operation in my right leg tibia bone fractured due to accident 3 years back, they setup a rod and and a supporting plate inside. Now I got infection inside. Doctors cleared the infection now and adviced me to remove the plate and rod, bone is united well now. But now the wound is healing which the doctor operated to clear the infection. My question is" is it compulsory for me to remove the rod & plate now itself or I can remove it later" please give some suggestions sir.
Disabilities can occur due to injuries, infections, or old age. Whatever the reason, the person has limited movement and suffers from pain and stiffness during this period. In addition to surgery and antibiotics, occupational therapy (OT) helps the patient immensely by providing complete rehabilitation and to help recover completely. Many who do not respond well to medications have benefited from occupational therapy and have had complete functional recovery. The occupational therapist helps patients to improve and maintain skills so they can perform their daily chores on their own.
The benefits of occupational therapy are too many and would depend on the setting in which it is used:
- In the elderly: With age, general movement is reduced and OT can help improve overall movement and quality of life, thereby enabling them to lead more independent lives.
- In mentally disabled: Occupational therapists work with people with emotional and mental limitations and teach them the necessary skills to be able to perform their functions in society. This can even enable them to take up a job and lead healthy, positive relationships.
- In physically disabled: OT can help them teach to perform their chores and socialize at school and home. There is a great deal of facilitating age-appropriate social interactions, thereby improving the chances of social acceptance of the affected individual.
No matter what setting Occupational Therapy is used in, the following are definitely some benefits:
- Improves range of motion: The person undergoing OT will see better movement of the affected parts, especially in old age where some joints are more involved than others.
- Increases mobility in injured or disabled patients: Disability or injury can lead to reduced mobility and OT can significantly improve this.
- Helps the body heal naturally: The body is not being subjected to any external chemical, and only natural movements and exercises are done, which is beneficial for the person.
- May reduce or eliminate muscle spasms: Pain and disability can lead to reduced mobility, which can cause muscle spasm. OT can help reduce and in some cases completely reverse the muscles spasms that may have set in. Can be supplemented with thermal modalities and treatment to reduce pain: Adding heat packs and moist heat to the regimen will produce better results.
- Treatment is customized for the individual: Each person is different with the cause and the effect of disability. The therapist will customize the program based on the person's needs and therefore will benefit the patient.
- Can boost self-esteem and promote feeling of well-being: The mere thought of being independent gives a big moral boost to the affected person, thereby improving quality of life.
Occupational therapy forms a part of the holistic regimen and can, therefore be integrated along with physical therapy to reap benefits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!