Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Basavaraj P AnkadYour feedback matters!
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.
Dear Doctor, The muscles in the front side of my neck on either side started shrinking showing the two stretches of pulled up muscles. One stretch is much visible and as a result some people used to ask me, what is it? Though it is not giving me any handicap as on today, it gives a bothering appearance and a fear that it is a symptom of some thing else. One Ayurvedic Doctor told me it is because of ageing.(I am 70 years old) Please clarify. Thank you.
My age is 25 I'm suffering from back pain alott from last 10 days I used hot water for Dis but no relief in pain. Suggest me.
How to increase brightness of my face? Which kind of food is effective for this? Kindly give me a satisfactory answer sir.
I am suffering from stomach pain from many days after diagnosis I came to know that I had stone 15 mm in gall bladder and swelling around it doctor said to do surgery can this treated with out surgery and stone will remove please help me.
I am 21 year male my height is 164 cm and weight 70 kgs I have problem of blood pressure i. E, 160/100 or hypertension at this age high bp I done blood test also but found nothing kindly sugest me some thing so that I can able to recover.
I am suffering from psoriasis. Is is a skin cancer? N what vil be its effects on my life n how many days can I live after this?
My sister son is 4 years old is a hyperactive child controlling him is a task to handle him. How to build up his immunity and health as he has a lean body and use to suffer from cough n cold. Wat food and diets need to be followed. Kindly suggest.
I have a pimple issue. If I had treading or waxing upper lips after that I feel irritation and pimple.
I am losing hair.in monsoon season .i do not know what to do .can you tell me the medicines or hair oil my age is 25 male nobody in my house loses hair. My father too have good hair.
Dear sir, my age 21. I don't have beard. All are insulting me, please give one solution. To get beard ASAP.
Hai sir I have one doubt. All are said that carrot is good for health. My question is that carrot halwa is good for health or not?
Meri body par spot aa jate hai aur bahut hi jayada jalan aur kujali hoti hai. What to do? Please help me.
Hi Doctor, my periods comes in every 28 to 32 days, this month its came on 31st day, on 30th whole day it was spotting, this month is neither heavier nor less, today is third day of my period I got suddenly 3 inch blood clotted. Its freaking me. Vomiting sensation and headache. Please advice.
Hi I'm anuj my friends hair fall please celution. Mera dost ka bahut ball uar gya h wo bahut paresan rhta hai koi upay dijiye.
TOP 12 BENEFITS OF PAPAYA
Papaya is tropical fruit.
- Anticarcinogenic property: Papaya is a good source of, phytonutrients, antioxidants, and flavonoids which prevent cancer
- Prevents cholesterol oxidation: Papaya prevents the oxidation of cholesterol as it contains antioxidants.
- Prevent lung inflammation:. Papayas have Vitamin A, which prevents lung inflammation.
- Helps in arginine production: Dried papaya boosts endocrine system and helps to form arginine in the body.
- High fiber content: High dietary fiber in papaya absorbs toxins in the colon that prevent cancer and helps in bowel movement.
- Relief of menstrual cramps: Papain in papaya regulates menstrual flow and ease a cramp.
- Weight reduction: Papaya has only 120 calories. It will help you to lose weight,
- Prevent muscular degeneration: It contains carotenoid and vitamin A, C, E which prevent age-related muscular degeneration.
- Benefits in diabetes Papaya have low glycemic index, vitamins, and phytonutrients which prevent heart disease and diabetes.
- Anti-aging property: Papaya is the good source of vitamin E, vitamin c, beta carotene which prevents aging.
- Anti-stress agents: Vitamin c of papaya, which lowers the stress level,
- Immunity booster: Papaya is packed with antioxidants which help to boost immunity.
I am 27 years old woman. I am having a hairfall problem and acne problem after becoming mother 4 month back. Please advise.
Fat is a stored form of energy. To reduce the store, add less and spend more. Eat more of boiled vegetables and fruit and less of cereals and walk 5km briskly daily and do kapaal bhaarti pranayan for 10 minutes daily.