Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Treatments For Birds
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Basavanna GowdaYour feedback matters!
It is fairly easy to keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy provided that you regularly take care of your pet and go for frequent health check-ups. Moreover, conducting regular checks at your home will also go a long way in identifying a problem in its nascent stage.
Here are five tips to ensure that your dog’s dental health remains perfect.
1) Prevent tooth decay - If your dog frequently consumes plaque-forming food products, it can lead to subsequent build up on its teeth and ultimately lead to certain problems such as tooth loss, gingivitis and receding gums. Ensure that you clean your dog’s teeth on a daily basis in order to avoid any form of tooth decay.
2) Check your dog’s breath - Although dog breath is usually not pleasant; if your dog smells unusually foul, you should get a check-up done. Moreover, observe if this foul breath is coupled with other issues such as vomiting, excessive urinating or sudden loss of appetite.
3) Encourage your dog to play with chew toys - Chew toys assist in providing stronger teeth to your pet, while giving a perfect massage for its gums. In addition, continuous chomping helps remove soft tartar and thus keeps teeth clean. Nylon, rubber and rawhide chew toys are the safest for your dog.
4) Identify signs of oral disease - A number of oral diseases can be prevented or controlled if they are diagnosed at an early stage. Major symptoms of almost all oral diseases are loose teeth, swollen gums, foul breath, excessive drooling, tumours in the gums and cysts under the tongue.
5) Carefully examine your dog’s teeth and gums - Healthy gums of a dog are indicated by the fact that they are pink in colour and have no signs of swelling. As for the teeth, they should not have any traces of tartar. Carry out this teeth and gum examination each week by lifting your dog’s lips and observing carefully.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My dog German shepherd age 9 months fully vaccinated female eating mud and clothes of my house and even slippers daily night it's digging mud in pots and having the mid approximately more than 1/2 kg it is eating what's the remedy? Weight is 20-25 kgs.
My (dog) is 27 months old. Suffering with testis pain (infection) can not even stand properly. And I am using immune syrup two spoons a day. But still pain increasing. Wat is the solution for this and this is the second time facing same problem in two months. Could you pls help our pet. Thanks.
I have 2 dogs mail and female I won't her baby dogs so please you suggest me how can abort in baby before cross suggest any medicine and vaccination.
My dog is having stomach upset after I changed his brand of dog food please tell me the immediate soloution and long term solution.
I have recently pick up one month old dog from road side. What are diagnose like injection or vaccination it require.
Hello Doctor, My pet name is Candy she is 2 years old, And she is doberman and lab cross. We would like to feed her different taste of foods. Till now we have t feed her any sweet or spicy. And tomorrow it her birthday we would like to serve her some sweet. Could you please advice us what kind of dish good for her . Kindly suggest us shall we feed her sugar free cakes.
My labra dog is 6 month old and his weight is 28 kg mere dog ko bahut khujali ho rahi he or vo itna khujata he ki vaha se blood nikal aata he please help me.
My dog is labby he is 11 year old he is not eating since 2 weeks and vomiting white foam. He has high urea in his blood test he is getting lethargic and not responding we are worried what to do? please help.
My dog actually got a tumor just below it's rib. My dog is not feeling any pain when I touch the tumour I am afraid please help what medication should be taken.
At home to know that your dog is fit, alert & free from any kind of ailments, you must monitor the following factors-
1. Playful, active, alert & response adequately to your calls
2. A sound appetite denoting a good health status.
3. Learn how to measure rectal temperature. A rectal temperature must not be lower than 99'F and should not cross 102'F.
4. Water intake is normal.
5. Urination, defecation should be upto the mark.
6. Tip of the nose will be bright, cool & moistened enough.
If all these factors say you that your dog is absolutely fine, you may consider nothing bad is waiting to be happened at the early hours.