Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BasanthYour feedback matters!
My age is 30. I am widow. I have lot of work burden and stress. How to control white discharge problem? What food take control white discharge problem?
We had unprotected intercourse this morning ,where in her periods stopped two days ago. In this intercourse I have not put my penis inside the vagina but I was trying to masturbate over her vagina and the sperms came out over her vagina. She went inside and cleaned it off immediately and took a ipil. Will it help? And what should be done now to avoid pregnancy? If there is a risk.
Is there a possibility of me being pregnant with hcg blood serum value being less than 0.10 on day 41. My periods are usually regular unlike late month as it was delayed by 8 days. Can I wait longer to test or can I take no I'm not pregnant as an answer.
She had miscarriage 2 months ago due to bleeding we have done sonography test its clear so when can she conceive again and precautions should she take if she gets pregnant. It was her first pregnancy thank you.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract.
Husband ne apna penis vagina me enter nahi kiya sirf touch kiya hai or Mani nikal gayi or vagina or penis ke beech me ek kapda hai to kya aisi situation me wo pregnant hogi. Pls jaldi se jaldi jawab kijiye.
Hello Dr. Mai ek housewife hu, 24 year, mera 3 years ka beta hai, Dr. Meri delivery k baad se health down hota ja rha h, allopathy medicine se koi fark nai pad rha h. Mera weight abhi 38.8 kg ho gaya hai. Mujhe pehle se hi ovary cyst ka problem h or heart pe MVP ka (tachycardia. So mujhe kya krna chahiye. please help.
2. Do not rinse vigorously, suck on straws, smoke, drink alcohol or brush teeth next to the extraction site for 48 hours.
3. Do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
4. If possible chew on the opposite side of your extraction site. Drink lots of liquids and eat soft, nutritious foods. Strictly avoid hard, hot food & drinks for first 24 hours.
5. Avoid excessive mouth opening, yawning, spitting etc
Hello dos, 1nd half years se mere baby girl ko feed kr re hun, lekin ab m uska dudh chudva re hun, to m kya medicines lu because my chest is paining now.
I am 23 years old. I am having PCOS, I want to loose weight to improve my condition. Can you suggest me how to loose weight easily without much diet and exercise.
Takram laghu Kashaya amlam deepanam kaphavatajit | Shopha udara arsha grahani dosha mootragraha aruchihi | pleeha gulma ghritavyapat gara paandu aamayaan jayet || –
Ashtanga Hrudaya Sutra sthana – 5th chapter
Buttermilk finds a special mention in Ayurveda, is described as a drink that even gods are envious of which shows the many benefits of this drink. It is said to improve circulation, detoxifies and cleanses the system and helpful to those with diarrhea and IBS. The other diseases that Buttermilk helps in treating are hypertension, arthrosclerosis and heart disease. Different ways of preparation along with the amount of water is used for different Kapha, Vata, Pitta systems.
Buttermilk- A Delight
- Butter milk does not cause heaviness when consumed. Hence it is known to have the quality “laghu”. It gets digested quickly and easily. Butter milk is usually sour in taste and acts as an astringent. (Due to this property butter milk helps in reducing pores caused by acne and pimples. It reduces hyper motility of intestines during diarrhea and IBS. This property also helps to shrink hemorrhoids).Aggravated Kapha and Vata are mitigated by buttermilk. It is the best appetizer. According to Ayurveda it reduces bloating of stomach, eases symptoms of hemorrhoids, soothes intestines in IBS and helps in indigestion. It also reduces effects of poison and is very useful in treating anemia.
- Butter milk detoxifies body and cleanses the intestines, relieves constipation and helps to replenish intestinal flora. It has less fat compared to milk and is rich in calcium, potassium and Vitamin B12.
- Takra cleanses the channels of circulation (srotas), as a result of which rasa, the end product of digestion of food, reaches the tissues properly. It creates proper nourishment, strength, and complexion. It cures one hundred diseases including those of Vata (80 in numbers) and Kapha (20 in numbers).
- The micro channels carrying nutrients to all cells in the body, when they get clogged or blocked due to any reason, the particular organ or system suffers in efficiency due to lack of nutrition. It is essential to remove such blockages. The herbs or their combinations which tackle these problems are termed “Rasayana” in Ayurveda. The forces which cause the blockage or resistance must be removed. The channels which cause transport are termed “strotas”. Acharya Charaka opines that buttermilk removes such blockages and purifies the “strotas”. This causes better movement (`ayana’) of `anna-rasa’, the nutrients. When adequate nutrition is obtained by cells (“koshas”), they start working with full force.
- Due to saturation or ageing of strotas during old-age, the control systems of the body do not get adequate nutrients, which cause aging symptoms such as reduction of memory (dementia), reduced vision, wrinkles on the skin, graying of hair, etc.
- But those who take buttermilk regularly, do not age faster, keep their arteries flexible for a longer time. Thus buttermilk is an elixir (param-amrutam) which keeps `Jara’ (old age) and `Vyadhi’ (disease) away. The Ayurveda treats buttermilk as an excellent food to keep cholesterol related problems miles away.
- With all of that said, you see how great Takra is for health of digestion and this means the entire health of the body and mind.
The properties and Actions of Takra
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, sour, and sweet
Anurasa (Secondary taste): Astringent
Veerya (Potency or energy): Hot
Vipaka (Post digestive effect): Sweet
Guna (Quality): Binding, light, dry
Actions: Digestive, promotes intellect and nourishes the brain tissues, promotes immunity, pacifies Vata, and gives satisfaction.
Types of buttermilk and benefits
- Full cream buttermilk: Full cream buttermilk added with sugar calms Vata and Pitta. Very nourishing in nature. It is similar to curds in qualities.
- No cream buttermilk: It calms Kapha and Pitta. It is good for people with diabetes.
- Half water buttermilk: Improves strength and digestive power.
- No fat buttermilk: Calms Pitta, natural coolant, relieves tiredness, calms Vata and Kapha.
- According to Ayurveda, Curd at night is contra indicated. During night, curd is substituted with buttermilk.
Buttermilk and its uses
- Ayurveda uses buttermilk both to maintain health and to treat diseases.
- Butter milk is easy to digest, has astringent and sour tastes and is hot in nature.
- Buttermilk improves digestion and mitigates Kapha and Vata.
- In Ayurvedic treatment, it is useful in the treatment of inflammation, gastro intestinal disorders, lack of appetite, spleen disorders and anemia.
- Buttermilk is highly beneficial during winter, in indigestion and in Vata imbalance related disorders.
- It is given in cases of excessive ghee consumption.
- In the disease like sprue, mixing powdered leaves of the holy fig tree and dry ginger in buttermilk and drinking it is very beneficial.
- Drinking buttermilk made from fresh milk of cow, without mixing salt in it purifies the blood. It gives strength and vitality. The complexion of the body improves. It destroys numerous disease related to Vata and Kapha doshas.
- If equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, powdered black pepper, powdered of the leaves of fig tree and powdered rock salt is mixed in buttermilk and then had, it cures indigestion. Similarly, if only powdered dry ginger and powdered black pepper is mixed with buttermilk, it too destroys indigestion.
- The pulp of wood apple, if mixed with the buttermilk, cures diarrhea, dysentery and excessive hemorrhage.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with powdered asafetida powdered cumin seed and powdered rock salt, cures diarrhea and abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk made out of cow's milk mixed with powdered black pepper powdered dry ginger, powdered leaves of fig tree and "Veed salt" cures abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with raw sugar (gud) cures urinary disease especially Uremia.
- Giving buttermilk mixed with "Vayvidang" powder to the children cures them from the worms in their stomach.
Buttermilk contra indication
- Since Buttermilk is hot in nature, it is to be avoided
- During summer,
- In persons with injury
- In debilitated persons
- Person suffering from giddiness and in diseases related to Pitta imbalance.
PCOD has been diagnosed couple of months back, am overweight and tried hard to reduce but couldn't. Experienced brown discharge initially when taking contraceptive pills and now bleeding but not on periods, the flow is less, been 10 days now.
I take ipill once in every month. Is it harmful for my health? If yes, what are the problems I may face for this?
5 Alarming reasons you must visit your gynaecologist
In India, statistics reveal that more than 92% of women suffer from gynaecological problems. Some of these problems may turn out to be more serious than you expected. Here are 5 danger signs you should watch out for that signal an immediate visit to your gynaecologist.
1. Painful sex
Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
2. Considerable bleeding during periods
If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it’s a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion.
3. Itchy vagina
Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
4. Abnormal vaginal odour
Abnormal vaginal odour, just like an itchy vagina, may be a sign of a bacterial infection. Sometimes vaginal odour may even be accompanied with a thick and heavy vaginal discharge. This usually indicates vaginal yeast infection (an infection caused by an increase in the number of yeast cells present in your vagina), and if ignored these infections can recur, making sex and urination very painful activities.
5. Lump in your breast
A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
Schedule an appointment with your gynaecologist if you experience any one of these symptoms. It’s better to be safe than sorry.