Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Barnali SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from polycystic ovaries syndrome for the last 8 years. I have consulted many doctors too. Now I have child of 3 years and I also had 3 abortions. I am vex of this. I want to know is there any home treatment or diet plan for pcos instead of regular allopathic treatment? Please let me know.
Iam 23 years old my marriage has fixed. My doubt is does penis need any size or length during sex to get positive result?
The body and its functions depend to a great extent on the play of hormones, which can greatly affect how we function and the quality of life that we enjoy. Men and women have many different kinds of hormones. Testosterone is a male hormone that is found mainly in the testicles of males, and is responsible for the development of their sexual behaviour and other typical male characteristics.
Why Measure Testosterone?
This hormone affects the physical, mental and emotional side of men to a great extent and an alteration can also cause health problems. For example, symptoms like sudden weight gain and mood swings are just a few that can point towards a low T score, which is a measure of testosterone. This is why it is important to measure the levels of this hormone.
There are many ways to measure testosterone levels in men, which are as follows.
- Sweat: One of the foremost ways to measure testosterone levels is to get acquainted with the sweat and its smell, which is basically a function of the apocrine glands. The more you sweat, the more testosterone you have in your body.
- Testicles: The size of the testicles also determines how much testosterone your body is producing. The smaller the size, the lower the level; while larger and firmer testicles will mean that your body is producing high levels of testosterone.
- Erections: The erection that a male enjoys is driven basically by the level of testosterone being produced in the body. The size and frequency of the erection basically speaks volumes of the T score. Infrequent and small erections can point at low levels of testosterone, low levels of nitric oxide, as well as malfunctioning dopamine receptors.
- Saliva and blood spot test: This home-based test kit or a blood test at the doctor's clinic, can measure the level of testosterone that is being produced in the body, with the help of a vial that can ask for either saliva or blood In this method, you need to remember that the T score depends on the time of the day and is usually highest in the morning. Also, a blood test conducted by a doctor will have more accurate results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Form two to three day I have brain pain and I not sleep form two to three day and it is very pain full.
Hi my name is Chethan, I wanted to ask you regarding my penis tip. I was feeling uncomfortable for sometime in the penis so I washed it by using soap and water and I pulled the skin back and the skin was sticked and I pulled it further and I found, as it was sticked there was whitish thick inside. And later when I went to urinate it's burning very badly tip has become red and I'm not able to urinate. Please suggest me what to do I am very panicked.
I am 19 years old my penis is too small my penis size is now 5 cm in normal please tell. Me how can I get big penis.
Can a patient suffering from jaundice since 3 week having current bilirubin level 15.3 mg/dL eat food items like -roti, bread, eggs, cooked vegetables, bananas. Please answer specifically with regard to food items asked.
I suffer from severe acidity when I eat anything sour like curd, lemon or citrusfruits. Then my head starts paining a lot. I have to forcefully throw up and then when all the acidic fluid comes out I feel better. What can be the cause of this and please tell me the remedy too. I have consulted doctors but only got temporary relief. I want a permanent solution. Thank you!
Thalassemia can be classified into alpha and beta, depending on the globin genes that are affected.
1. Thalassemia Minor - Usually doesn?t have any symptoms, except for minor anaemia.
2. Beta Thalassemia - Has two serious types.
2.A) Thalassemia Major: This type usually happens before a child?s second birthday and requires regular blood transfusions. The condition is life-threatening. Symptoms include anaemia, fussiness, frequent infections, paleness of the skin, poor appetite, enlarged organs and jaundice.
2.B) Thalassemia Intermedia: It is a less severe form and doesn?t require blood transfusions. The symptoms include anemia, jaundice, extremely large spleen and malnourishment.
3. Alpha Thalassemia: Only in rare cases this severe form of Thalassemia may be present. Known as Hydrops Fetalis, this condition usually occurs before birth and children are either stillborn or die soon afterwards.
How to live with Thalassemia:
Take steps to be as healthy as possible. Follow a balanced diet eating plan as per the recommendation of your doctor. Take iron supplement only if prescribed. It is recommended that patients get themselves vaccinated whenever needed, especially if their spleen has been removed. Meanwhile, always be on a lookout for the signs of infections (such as fever) and lower your risk of infections. Thalassemia can spark fear, anxiety, depression and stress. That?s why, doctors recommend that patients receive adequate emotional support.
The treatments depend on the kind of Thalassemia an individual has. Usually, treatment procedures include blood transfusions, bone marrow transplants, removal of spleen or gallbladder specific medications and supplements.
If you have any more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.