Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BansarYour feedback matters!
My baby is 8 month old and I slowly started introducing solid food to him, I was exclusively breastfeeding him for first 6 months and now once a day I am breastfeeding him .how many times can I feed breastfeed in a day. Baby is also not more interested in feeding.
My daughter is 4 months old and being both breast fed and bottle fed with formula milk. She is passing loose stools twice a day. Please suggest any syrup for proper digestion.
Hii I have a new born baby nine days age I have not enough milk I take medicine powerder everything but not so much milk so I gave her to cow milk mix some water she take it well but she is going very hard potty after that I it's normal ya I am worried.
Till what age does a child develops speech and what exercise can be done to correct speech disorders specially to say f s v r.
3 crucial things a newborn needs the most
Newborns primarily need your love, care, and attention. If you aren't sure whether you're on the right track with your little one, read on to find out the 3 most important things that your newborn needs:
1. Skin-to-skin contact: one of the best ways to speed up the bonding process with your newborn is by having as much as possible skin-to-skin contact with your child. This is important as the newborn connects through smell and touch during this time. The senses of your baby are naturally tuned to react to the feel of your bare skin and your distinctive smell.
Many studies also suggest that close physical contact can help in reducing stress in your newborn so as to allow its biological drive to come through and easily latch onto your breast to feed itself. In other words, it ensures a higher chance of getting the newborn started on breast milk in case your child is not taking to your breasts easily.
2. To be breastfed: the best food for your baby is milk that is produced by you. Breast milk offers a host of benefits that go beyond basic nourishment. According to research conducted by the national institute of environmental health sciences, a child faces 20% lower chances of dying between the ages of 28 days and 1 year if he or she is breastfed.
Protecting your child from illnesses such as childhood cancers or type 1 and type 2 diabetes, allergies, and obesity are some of the very important benefits that mother's milk can provide.
3. Swaddling your baby right: wrapping a blanket snugly around the body of your newborn can help calm your little one and promote sleep. Several studies reveal that this technique of swaddling (which is done to resemble the mother's womb) if done correctly can bring about longer and better sleep for your child as well as reduce instances of crying. It also ensures your baby stays warm and comfortable.
Asthma is a condition that severely affects the lungs. The airways become narrow and the lungs become inflamed. Its characteristic features include bronchospasm, reversible airflow obstruction and variable and recurring symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. This might be caused up to 2 to 3 times a day.
- Daily use of Paracetamol
- Daily use of antibiotics
- Caesarean sections
- Asthma in family
Asthma is usually triggered by:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Polluted or Poor air
- Cold Air
- Emotional Stress
Homeopathic Treatment: Asthma should be preferably treated using homeopathy. It is safe for most age groups. Asthma is a chronic problem that is best treated by a qualified homeopath. While few cures are found in numerous home use packs since they can treat a number of problems, the effective treatment of asthma usually needs potencies and changes of cures more than the extent of a prescriber and a home kit. For best results, the monitoring of a qualified homeopath should be sought. The homeopathic cures required for asthma change according to the signs of the sufferer. Some of them are listed below:
- Arsenicum Album (Ars.): Symptoms requiring the use of this medication include wheezing with dry cough and Asthma caused due to cold air. Upon application, the person will be anxious and restless and the condition worsens after midnight. Sometimes, it might result in exhaustion. There is a chilling sensation and they will crave for warmth. Patients required Ars. will be critical, anxious and afraid of being alone.
- Kali Bichromicum (Kali-bi.): Symptoms that require Kali-bi include asthma with stringy and sticky mucus. The patients feel chilly and after a while they get sick. The respiratory tract often is infected with mucous membrane infections. Ulcers are an additional infection.
- AntimoniumTartaricum (Ant-t.): Uncomfortable breathing and wet cough with mucus require this medication. It solves many issues that accompany difficult breathing. In severe cases, heart failure is possible.
- Grindelia (Grin.): Key symptoms are dry cough and possibility of wheezing. It may be accompanied by Rattling respiration, chronic bronchitis and suffocation during sleep.
- Phosphorus (Phos.): Upper respiratory tract infections cause asthma that ends in the chest. This causes coughing and wheezing.
Other homeopathic medicines for treating asthma are Nux Vomica (Nux-v.) and Pulsatilla Pratensis (Puls). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi .my baby is one year old now. Recently I stopped my feeding then I took tablet for to stop milk secretions. Now I wish to feed again for baby. How I can increase my milk supply?
My child 7 month old Suffering from cough and cold Ascoril LS plus good for him? As suggested by doctor.
what is minimum sugar level in new born baby? Is it possible that a new born baby has a low sugar level (in between 30 to45)?
These details are my son. He is 6.5 years old. At the time of night when he sleeps his nose get blocked and he face problem in breathing and feel uncomfortable so please help me.
The child have cold. Consulted children doctor. But it is could not cleared. It is still from one year. What we have to do.
I have a girl Baby of 1 year and 6 month old. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. Her weight is about 7 kg .She is very lean and thin. She does not like to eat sweet food. Please help me how can I care her complexion and her growth and weight. Provide me a proper guide of meal and its quantity to be given to the baby so that her complexion and her growth can be improved.
Hello my son is 4 months old. He sleeps at night for 7 to 8hrs in one stretch but he does not pee while sleeping. Do I need to worry?
Sensory integration therapy has been specially designed to assist children who are facing issues in processing sensory information. As a part of this therapy, children undergo repetitive exercises that helps them to experience touch and other sensations more accurately. Sensory integration therapy aims to adjust the way children respond to physical sensations.
Autism's symptoms include difficulty in processing sensory information, such as textures, smells, brightness, sounds, tastes and movement. These difficulties can make ordinary situations feel overwhelming and interfere with daily function leading to isolation of individuals and their families.
Sensory integration therapy uses play activities designed to check how the brain reacts to sight, touch, movement and sound. Some children experience an overload of sensory information and are hypersensitive to certain types of stimulation.
When they have sensory overload, their brains have difficulty in processing or filtering many sensations at once. On the contrary, other children are under sensitive to some kinds of stimulation, which means that they do not process sensory messages quickly or efficiently. These children struggle to understand, respond and organize to the information they take in from their surroundings and finally get isolated from their surroundings. The therapy is designed for children with sensory processing issues, including dyspraxia, ADHD, autism and spectrum disorder. It might also be used with young children who show signs of developmental delay.
Sensory integration therapy is fun for kids because it resembles playtime. It is done in a specially designed setting where kids are required to play with balls of different sizes, textures and weights. Sessions involve playing with clay and other materials. Children are asked to bounce, swing or spin on special equipment.
The therapist gradually makes these activities more challenging and complex. The therapy exposes children to sensory stimulation in a structured, repetitive manner.
This is based on the theory that the brain will adapt and allow them to process and react to sensations more efficiently in the due course of time. Sensory integration therapy is provided by occupational therapists certified in sensory integration, which effectively means that therapist can plan strategies for use in therapy sessions to help a child with sensory issues. As therapists may only see a child an hour or two a week, therapy extends into the home and in school in form of a sensory lifestyle. Caregivers work with therapists to create a detailed schedule of therapies specific to each child, which may require adaptations to make the home such as creating quiet spaces and reducing visual clutter, are often suggested.
There's no harm in having one's child try sensory integration therapy. But one must be aware that there may be more effective ways to help the child with sensory issues. The protagonists of this therapy claim that it can help kids learn and pay attention in a more efficient manner.