Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bansar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BansarYour feedback matters!
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
My baby is born on 2 Feb 2018, she is diagnosed with mild jaundice, no medicines were prescribed, two days phototherapy was done when she was 3 days old. Now after 22 days also her blood reports shows 13 mg/dl of Bilirubin. Please advise how can the Bilirubin level can be reduced. She is taking breastfeed, urine is clear, motion is coming yellow. Her birth weight is 2.5 kgs Please advise.
My baby is 3.6 years but she is born this time the doctor saw her head is some small he tell me everything is fine no problem. But next two years suddenly I have look him she is mrigi patient I have consult doctor then I have two time brain mri and one time (what is the marks test? I loose my memories) the marks test is abnormal then I am treating now syrup EPIVAL consulted by doctor. But baby not speaking properly sentence by sentence and which time of this disease for end please
Hi, my daughter is 3 year old, she has congestion, cold from last month, doctor suggested augmentin and maxtra, but today we see some red spots on her Legs and few places on hands, the spots looks similar to hives, how to cure the red spots.
Here are some tips and treatments for adenoids
Hi I’m Dr. Vijay Verma. I practice at Three senses ENT Allergy and Dental Clinic. We all know that kids are always suffering from continuous sneezing. There is an obstruction and also discharge and sometimes bleeding from the nose. They have breathing difficulties and I know that in every family kids are suffering from these problems because they are going into daycare and suppose that there are 20 kids and one out of them always has cold. Your kid is always prone but in depth, we ignore these symptoms of ‘Adenoids’.
Adenoids are nothing but just like tonsils but are present behind your nose. When they get enlarged they tend to cause nasal obstruction to the child. This infection always gives rise to continuous nasal irritation. Children tend to sneeze which causes nasal discharge. When these adenoids fall back inside your throat it causes sore throat and causes continuous cough for the child plus when they sleep, they are unable to take proper amounts of oxygen and if that is happening, they cannot grow properly
.And this one thing is always missed, so one should consult an ENT specialist for these problems of Adenoids because after 12 years although they regress in size, the changes which they lead to are permanent. They can protrude the tooth out, so sooner or later you will need to visit your dentist; a lifelong problem. There is also a possible accumulation behind the ear drum so the kid starts to have various problems with listening. All these are associated to Adenoids, so they start in childhood but leave permanent changes. So I would suggest you to visit your doctor as soon as possible if you notice that your child is having continuous sneezing, nasal discharge or sore throat.
For adenoids, there are two types of treatment:
(a) The therapy of Spray or
(b) Surgery, so it depends on the size of the adenoids.
Depending on that, it is medically treated or surgically treated. Usually all of us are scared of surgeries but now the tools have become very safe. It is either done with a microdebrider or a coblator which makes it a bloodless surgery and also one which is not a painful surgery; it would lead to your kids being happy.
I would also advise you to visit me via Lybrate.