Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bangaru Girish K R
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bangaru Girish K RYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I am suffering from high bp from last few days. Yesterday it was 100/160. What should I do to get this to normal range?
Breathing is life, without breathig, there is no life. Who knows this better than an asthmatic or someone with breathing problems like wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath 24/7? If you have breathing problems, read on about possible causes and treatments for them
- There can be a number of causes of breathing problems. They can happen due to colds, acute sinusitis or inflammation of sinuses. This usually subsides in a week or two with the inflammation going down and the sinuses draining out.
- But if you are still experiencing breathing problems, you could be in more dangerous territory.
- Breathing difficulties can happen in a case of asthma, allergies, and infections of the lungs, bronchitis and even heart problems especially if you feel a shortness of breath during exertion. These can all be long-term problems that need proper management.
Chronic issues that cause breathing problems, especially asthma and allergies have a number of symptoms like
- Nasal and chest congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy or watery eyes
- Laboured and/or shallow breathing.
A number of virus and allergens like pollen reach the lungs via the nasal passage. Any inflammation in the nasal passage due to an allergy is a major cause for concern because the number one trigger for asthma is allergies. If left undiagnosed and untreated, these can make life hell for you.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD, which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis, also causes breathing problems. Breathing issues can also stem from other serious diseases like lung cancer, tuberculosis, and pneumonia. Most of these can be diagnosed by a specialist.
How are breathing problems treated?
- Breathing problems caused due to asthma and allergies are usually treated by avoiding allergy triggers like air pollutants, pollen, dog hair, dust, mites or dander.
- Wearing masks, avoiding peak traffic, staying indoors during low air quality days, all make a significant difference to allergy and asthma sufferers.
- Medications are another way to treat breathing problems due to asthma and allergies. Allergy drugs such as antihistamines and decongestants can make it easy to breathe for some.
- Inhaled steroids are also given to people with chronic allergies and sinusitis for reducing inflammation in the airways. Allergy shots to reduce sensitivity to allergens are another option.
- Asthma is treated with inhaled or oral drugs that help open nasal airways and reduce inflammation. These cut down on breathing difficulties because the airways are cleared of excess mucus and inflammation.
- If you have more serious issues like cancers, heart disease and lung diseases, the medication will vary according to your diagnosis. Your specialist will diagnose the problem first and set you on a proper course of medication.
The last piece of advice before we go, don’t ignore breathing difficulties especially if they persist beyond 2-3 weeks, get yourself a doctor’s appointment.
I am a Diabetic with high BP. Had Chikungunya last month. Have severe body ache especially at night. Left hand has become weaker.
My wife suffering BP & cholesterol (she take Telma40 & Genex vast 10) now new blood report LDL 135, non HDL 198.1 and TSH 7.22 so please tell me your opinion.
When to take bp readings using automated bp monitor? That is when I am in relaxing or stressed? During first reading I am very anxious it shows high, relax for two minutes it shows normal. It is ok?
How do I manage my cholesterol And which oil I should use to eat sunflower or soyabean or use randomly. And what precautions I have to follow?
I am prepare competitive exam last 2 year, that's why I am suffering from under family pressure, what I do removed my depression, please help me.
I am 55 years old and undergone heart bye pass surgery 10 years back. At that all tests are conducted and came to my notice that I am hbs+. Doctor adviced me every six months the following tests are condct. Lft abdominal scanning. Every six months I am condting all tests. All are normal. Recently doctor advice viral load test. The test report says undectable. Doctor says o. K no problem forget about hbs+, lead normal life. What is your opinion sir ?
Children with pacemaker can lead healthy and full lives. Heart blocks can be detected even in the foetal stage