Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balakrishna Vr
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Balakrishna VrYour feedback matters!
Reasons for blockage of a nostril or both of nose. Sometimes. Advise remedial treatment for said issue.
Hello doctor I don't have cough. But every day morning while I clean my throat after brush, I feel some hard substance (bulgum type but hard)coming from throat. I have to forcefully spit it. Sometimes it is in normal color, but I see wheatish color or black particles sometimes. Its very less quantity. I see this since 2 months. Is it any way related to tb. These symptoms increase if I sleep under fan / ac or have any cool things to eat. Please suggest.
I am Male 26. I woke up at 6 in the morning and felt as if my throat is choked. I could not breathe properly. I tried to belch/burp but couldn't. I tried to puke and then there was some respite. I could feel soar water rising up my throat. Even now, I am unable to take a full yawn. I feel some kind of obstruction in the throat. What shall I do. Kindly help as soon as possible.
I have a ear ache, which is a throbbing sensation what should be done in this case, is the main cause for the pain cold? And any remedy that can be suggested?
I am suffering from heavily snoring problem from last 8-10 yrs, also laziness tiredness quickly, please advice for better health and sleep.
I am 46 years old man, infact I think I have used a nasal spray (otrivin) 3 days back, but now I feel my right ear has blocked & its seem that little water is inside, so, kindly advise me to get rid of this in this regards,
I am 30 years old male and have severe throat infection, throat pain, Fever headache, for last two days. I am taking antibiotics Amoxicillin. 500 mg. I had faced same problem two months ago and my swab test was OK. Kindly suggest me further course of treatment. With regards.
My head is paining from five days, I cannot sleep and my throat is also paining very badly I cannot eat my food.
50/f diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. Extreme pain around nose and right eye. Doc prescribed tegretol 100, neurokind plus andranidom (syrup). Also suggested not to apply ice or heat or massage. Please suggest if its fine and how long it takes for pain to reduce.
Last some years I have cough problem only at back of my throat and also cold.And red (sometimes yellow) tonsile in whol throat with sour throat. Last 2 months i take treatment from an ENT specialist bt zero % benefit .And given medicines by him are. 1.Tab-tulasi 2.Tab-M-Kast 3.Combinase AQ nasal spray 4.Shadbindu Tail for nose 5. Syp-Jhoshinaa
I have problem of tonsillitis it swollen up very often leading to severe pain in tonsils please suggest some permanent solutions except for operation of tonsils.
My nose is very big I want to l want to look attractive please you have any solution for thet please reply to me. Bczz I want a small nose suit on my face. I will be very thankful to you.
Hello Lybrate doctors! every time I get cold it lasts for more than a month. And its very very frustrating. Snoty nose, sore throat, sneezing etc therefore I'm unable to focus on my studies or anything else. Pls suggest what should I do to get rid of it sooner or later. I take medicines as prescribed by doctor but they're hardly effective.
I have a little cold every time I have ear ache due to this, very often, closed nose. Please give a permanent solution for this.
I am a 24 years old woman suffering from mild insomnia. This leads to headache and dizziness in the morning. Please suggest a cure to this problem.
A stuffed up nose and pressure on our cheekbones can often mean you have acute sinusitis. Acute sinusitis, also called acute rhinosinusitis, is a short-term infection or inflammation of the membranes that line your sinuses. It prevents mucus from draining from your nose.
What Causes Acute Sinusitis?
Illnesses and conditions that can cause acute sinusitis include:
- bacterial upper respiratory tract infections
- fungal sinus infections
- allergies that cause mucus production in the sinuses
- lack of cilia motility, caused by disease (cilia are the small hairs located in your sinuses that move to push mucus out of your sinuses)
- nasal polyps or tumors
- deviated nasal septum
- enlarged or infected adenoids
- infected tooth (in rare cases bacteria can spread from the infected tooth to the sinuses)
- cystic fibrosis (a disease that causes thick, sticky mucus to build up in the body)
Symptoms of acute sinusitis include:
- nasal congestion
- thick, yellow, or green mucus discharge from the nose
- sore throat
- a cough (usually worse at night)
- drainage of mucus in the back of your throat
- pain, pressure, or tenderness behind your eyes, nose, cheeks, or forehead
- bad breath
- reduced sense of smell
- reduced sense of taste
However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.