Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balakrishna
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BalakrishnaYour feedback matters!
Doctors, I am suffering from cold from 2 months I used so many tablets like Sinarest, cold act, like that but no use so please help me to get off from cold.
Herniated disks or bone spurs in the vertebrae of the neck may become the reason behind severe neck pain. They sometimes take too much space and compress the nerves branching out from the spinal cord.
My mother's age of 42 have the deficiency of vitamin D in her body. Please suggest some ways to heal this problem.
I have wet dreams problem and I am pretty fit, I run I exercise and hit the gym regularly. No smoking or drugs or alcohol habit. Can I cute this with medicine or anything? Or am I gonna have the for the rest of my life? I aspire to be a soldier, Is this gonna affect me and my training?
Homeopathy is ideal for all ages for most of ailments acting a better substitute for antibiotics, anti allergic other kinds of medicine. Today most common problem especially in children is cold and cough which is due to lack of immunity to fight against infections in our surroundings.
Homeopathy acts as a best source of medicine to boost immunity, fight against infections.
Homeopathy also offers treatment in all allergic, acute long lasting chronic diseases by improving immunity.
I am 70 years old and suffering from Diabetics-2 type since last 5 yrs. I also suffer from erectile dysfunction, a side effect of the diabetics. Please suggest Homeopathic medicines.
Hi. I'm 29 years old. I recently noticed that foreskin of my penis doesn't go back when it's erect. It is causing issues in my marital life. Do I need to go for a surgery or something? Please advice.
I am suffering from my chest because my chest is paining for two days and you suggest that what can I do?
1) Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
2) Honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.
3 )All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide.
4) Honey helps reduce cough and throat irritation.
5) Honey is said to be useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea.
6) Even though honey contains simple sugars, it is NOT the same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners. Its exact combination of fructose and glucose actually helps the body regulate blood sugar levels.
7) Some varieties of honey possess large amounts of friendly bacteria. This includes up to 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobacteria. This may explain many of the “mysterious therapeutic properties of honey as PROBIOTIC.”
8) Its anti-bacterial qualities are particularly useful for the skin, and, when used with the other ingredients, can also be moisturizing and nourishing!
I hv been a problem like pinching or itching at last top of my penis and even in urnr pathway too for 7 to 8 days what is it. Wd somebody like to clear it that why it is happening to me.
My dict size is 2 inch, in erection it is 4 inch. I want to increase the size by 2 inch. Please help me also I get problem getting erection, n my erection fades off in 10 to 20 second without ejaculation. Need help urgent.
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.