Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Balakrishna G KYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am using artificial sweeteners like 'Equal' for tea and coffee. But I am also advised by many people against its side effects. Are there any side effects while using this substance. Is there any product of stivia leaves available in the market. One dietician had advised me to buy extracts of this leaves as an alternative sweetener for tea and coffee since it has no side effects. Please advise? Thanking you in anticipation
I had typhoid, now the blood test result is negative. Still I have stomach pain, loose stool, body pain. Can I take head bath, eat normal food? How long I should be away from alcohol?
I want to ask about my mother who is diabetic. I want to know how to control and precaution for this.
Sir I consulted with a sexologist to know about masturbation and he told that there is no side effects of masturbation and he told that there is no problem of penis size, penis erection, but in this app I read some replies regarding this they are replied that masturbation will cause sexual problems in future and penis size will decrease like this they are confusing all why are you giving different replies? To whom we have to follow?
M suffering from hole in ear drum. M taking many antibiotics .but their is no relief .this is from 25 days. Now a doctor said that operation is an only option. Please suggest.
I am 63 years old. I take 1 jalra 50 500 In the morning and 1 gluconorm 500 sr in the evening. My fasting sugar was around 120 and pp 155. Hba1c at 7.1. After my stetting procedure one ýear ago my surgeon advised me to maintain my hbaic at around 7 and not to let go lower. During my rècent blood tests 1 find hba1c at 6.5. I also observe that my sugar levels dip to. 70 /80 around 1 pm and also around 7 pm during my evening walks. Please advise.
Hi I am 27 years old working in corporate. I have got regular headache problem since last 3-4 months. Please suggest the probable cause for the same and the required treatment.
I am suffering from a problem of ear ache. It mostly occurs during night time, and then it remains for 1-1.5 hours. I am also taking the medications related to heart problems, because I was also suffering for heart problems like high cholesterol,(chest pain and throat pain sometimes), but now these pains and lipid levels are under control. So, my diet is also simple. It not includes any fast food or oily item. So please tell, is this ache is related to heart problem in any way? And also suggest ways to reduce or kill it.
I am 22 years old male I am suffering from night fall from past 4 to 5 years highly depressed from this problem have taken medicine from reputed doctors but no much cure has been seen.
I have cough since a month I have taken a lot of medicine yet I still have it. I have also taken a lot of anti biotic. The cough starts mainly when I lie down.
I showed you that gluten is the toxic invader that causes Celiac Disease. Logically, removing the intruder is the first step towards treatment. That?s why anyone diagnosed with this autoimmune condition gets the conventional Celiac Disease prescription: follow a strict gluten-free diet for life. But the latest Celiac Disease research is painting a very different picture.
The University of Chicago has one of the leading treatment and research centers for Celiac Disease in the U.S, so my jaw dropped when they posted this:
?While healing may take up to 2 years for many older adults, new research shows that the small intestines of up to 60% of adults never completely heal, especially when adherence to the diet is less than optimal.?.
60% odds are worse than flipping a coin?
It would be easy to read that and think, ?So it?s the people that don?t follow a strict gluten-free diet that don?t heal.? But to be honest, I don?t think they said it as strongly as they should have. Here?s a recent study that paints a much darker picture of the Gluten-Free Diet?s success rate.
I am 27 years male . I am a vegetarian. Recently I have join Health club & start doing gyming. Can you please advise me Diet chart.
Male 28 years unmarried my private parts and near by skin turns black with different smell and on my penis shaft white dots grown with hair comes out and also have soft erection during masturbation and in morning these all things happened from last 1.6 years pls provide treatment.
Diabetes is an abnormal condition where the sugar-levels in humans are higher than usual. Ayurveda can be used efficiently in treating this condition. In Ayurvedic terms, Madhumeha is the allopathic treatment of diabetes. In Indian terms, diabetes is known to the common man as Prameha, which is said to be divided into 3 major types – Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Lack of exercise and intake of food having excess of snigdha, ushna and guru types are said to be the chief cause of prameha.
Along with drugs and medications, Ayurveda stresses on the importance of a balanced diet and exercise. The management modules that can be categorized are:
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Panchakarma (Procedures for Bio-purification)
- Pathya (Regulation in diet)
- The use of therapy (Medications)
The individual’s constitution highly affects the ayurvedic treatment of prameha. Some of them are:
- Obstruction in srothus
- Ahara and Vihara
- Dosha predominance of disease
- Hereditary factors
- The prakrithi of the patient
- Manasika Prakrithi
- Dooshya vitiation
Management of diabetes can be done using a variety of herbs. Some of them are:
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna - banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
- Embelica officinalis (Amla)
It is possible that certain patients are unable to respond to insulin or hypoglemic medicines. In this case, an ayurvedic physician may prescribe some ayurvedic drugs such as:
- Dhatri Nisha
- Chandraprabha vati
- Vasant kusumakar rasa
Diabetes is not just a lack of insulin. It is most probable cause is plain poor maintenance of your body. It 's cure will need to include all of these things discussed. By doing all, diet, herbs, exercise and stress management, you can certainly take care of your Diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.