Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balaji Prasad
Submit a review for Dr. Balaji PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years male, September 2016 I got urinary issue with symptoms, urgent urination, incompleteness, frequent urination, pain/discomfort after and before urination. I met a urologist and gone for tests scan, CT scan, ascending urethrogram, uroflow test. Found that urine flow is less for my age. SO doctor said my problem is bladder neck abstraction (tight) because prostate and kidneys all are fine. So he asked me to take Hytrin 5 MG daily once (still I am taking). I am taking that tablet and 75% of symptoms reduced. But still I have that symptoms. And ejaculation also happening in very fast like less than one minute. SO I request to suggest some better treatment?
I am continuously urinating. Every 5 mins getting urge to urinate. Also having pain at the vagina. This happened to me last week also so I took antibiotics for 4 days + citro soda twice a day for 4 days. After that today again this started so I took cital in afternoon n evening also took antibiotic .but still having pain on vagina. Not able to sleep. Can I take painkiller for this. Pls help.
I am 30 years old women and according to the doctor i've chronic renal parenchymal disease on my left kidney. Any idea what is the best thing for me to do ?
The structure responsible for production, transportation, storage and excretion of urine form the urinary tract. Kidney, ureters, bladder and urethra are structures involved in urine formation and excretion process. Kidney filters nearly 3 ounces of blood, removes waste materials every minute. When these get infected with entry of any micro organism or any other pathological condition, then the person gets urinary tract infection (UTI).
Causes and symptoms
Urinary tract infections are more common in women than men because of the small size of the urethra (4cms) and also because of the squatting position of voiding. Entry of organisms like bacteria, viruses and fungi are the major cause of UTI. The person may experience burning sensation and pain when voiding, fever is indicated when the infection has reached the kidneys or prostate glands in male. Other symptoms include pain in back, ribs, nausea and vomiting.
Though antibiotics are used to treat the present infection there are increased chance of getting the recurrent infection. So it is best advised to follow the preventive measures to stay away safely from getting infected
- Drink plenty of water nearly 2- 3litres of water per day.
- Urinate when you feel the need , don’t control or resist voiding when you feel the urge as this may give room for the organisms to grow well.
- Urinate after sexual intercourse. change the birth control measures if UTI is a recurrent problem.
- Wash front to back, wipe off thoroughly after emptying the bladder so as to prevent the entry of organisms into the urethra.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes. Always prefer cotton inner garments and loose fitting clothes so that air entry keeps the area moist and free from bacteria.
- Cranberry juice works best and it is the natural treatment for bladder infections. Cranberries have a special substance that can avoid the entry of E.coli into the bladder, but it does not have much effect on recurrent UTI infections.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!