Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
I have OA in both knees and also need a hip (R) joint replacement for which I need to take off about 26 - 30 Kg. Is there any exercise that will help me walk or injections for cushioning in these areas - I want to avoid surgery - I am 63 years old and female. The metabolism in my body has slowed down and due to pain in hip am unable to walk even 10 mt without stopping. Pl answer. Thank you.
My wife is 17 weeks pregnant But usko one side hips me bahut pain he sote time hips se leke back bone tak bahut pain hota he Side to change karne me 5 min lag jate he Yeh normal he ya koi problem.
I am 36 years old. While I was running. My Lt knee injured. As per MRI report diag is acl tear. Pl tell me, what can I do for recover my injury.
Uncontrollable division of cells present in the tissue leads to the formation of a lump or mass of tissue. This mass of tissue is known as a tumor and when this condition is diagnosed in the bones of a human body, it is known as bone tumor. Most bone tumors are non-cancerous (benign) and cannot grow. However, it is still possible that the bones could be weakened and the condition could result in fractures and other such problems. The tumor replaces the normal and healthy tissue.
It is observed that cases of malignant bone tumors are much less as compared to benign tumors. Some examples of benign bone tumours include:
1. Giant Cell tumor: In this condition, the tumor affects the legs
2. Osteochondroma: This form is most common among teenagers
3. Osteoblastoma: A tumor which develops in young adults and affects the spine
4. Osteoid osteoma: A tumor that affects long bones
5. Enchondroma: Usually found in hand and feet.
As stated earlier, metastatic cancer is a form of cancer that spreads to the bone from other spots in the body. Cancers from other parts that commonly spread to the bones include breast cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer.
It is common for bone tumors to bear no symptoms and they can only be diagnosed using an x-ray. However, a typical symptom of bone tumor is pain which:
1. Starts in the region of the bone tumor
2. Often feels achy
3. Worsens with activity
Other symptoms that might be related to bone tumors are:
1. Abnormal swelling around the bone
3. Limping, in rare cases
1. Benign bone tumors can be treated by just using medications. However, the tumours might relapse even after treatment.
2. Treatment of malignant tumor might require a number of specialists. The stage of cancer plays a vital role in the treatment.
Common treatments for bone tumor are:
1. Amputation: It is the surgical removal of all or a part of the limb and is conducted only if the tumor is large.
2. Radiation therapy: High intensity X-rays are used to kill cancer cells and treat the tumors.
3. Chemotherapy: Tumor cells which have infiltrated the bloodstream are eliminated using cancer drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.