Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Bahadur KhanYour feedback matters!
Many people think it is not healthy to consume sugar. Sugar foods may supply few, if any, vitamins, minerals or proteins compared with the number of kilo calories they supply. However, if you can afford to consume some extra calories, there is probably nothing wrong with eating sugar. Scientists think that sugar is mostly a problem when it is eaten in place of more nutritious foods. When this happens, a person could become deficient in vitamins and other important nutrients.
All food sources that we think of as "fats" are made up of fatty acids. These fatty acids have specific chemical shapes that affect both how the fat performs in cooking (or baking) and how the fat affects your health. These chemical shapes generally are classified as saturated, polyunsaturated or mono-unsaturated. All fats contain all three types but are classified by the type of fatty acid that makes up most of the fat. For example, since butter consists mostly of "saturated" fatty acids, it’s considered a "saturated fat."
Examples: butter, lard, shortening
How to spot them: They’re solid at room temperature.
Health notes: A diet high in saturated fat has been linked with elevated cholesterol levels and increased risk for heart disease, so it’s best to limit use of them.
Examples: olive oil, rice bran oil, peanut oil
How to spot them: They’re liquid at room temperature but become semi-solid (or cloudy) in the refrigerator.
Health notes: When substituted for saturated fats, monounsaturated fats can help to improve blood cholesterol levels, thereby reducing risk for heart disease.
Examples: canola oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil
How to spot them: They’re always liquid—even if you put them in the fridge.
Health notes: When used in place of saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats can help to improve blood cholesterol levels, thereby reducing risk for heart disease. "Omega-6" and "omega-3" are other terms used to describe specific types of polyunsaturated oils. Although both omega-6 and omega-3 fats are essential for good health, omega-3s also have additional heart-health and anti-inflammatory benefits.
When you’re cooking at a high heat, you want to use oils that are stable and don’t oxidise or go rancid easily. Saturated fats and monounsaturated fats are pretty resistant to heating, but oils that are high in polyunsaturated fats should be avoided for cooking.
BEST OILS FOR COOKING AS WELL AS HEALTH
1. Olive oil
2. Rice bran oil
3. Canola oil
I am 21 years old male I am suffering from panic attack, stress and fear from last 3 year what should I do? I also have fear of heart attack.
I am facing skin problems for the last 4 years. Pimples on face around neck & shoulders and on the back. I'm sick of these pimples. I have undergone treatments from various skin experts but no relief. Guide me.
My recent random tests show my hba1c level at 62 & hb being 9.6. What are the clinical implications for this test result? Please help. I've pcod.
Can I do yoga without a trainer, and how much time should I hold a pose, when is the best time to do it.
Sir mam please provide I have already have phobia some detail I asked doctor regarding that I have unwanted fat on one side that may be due to muscle strength loss but I am able to move my face wholly from both sides but doctor told me that it may be sIGN of bell palsy sir I was shocked to hear that . No symptoms yet even how .
I am a 18 year old girl. My weight is decreasing nd my hair is falling in very large amount. Please tell me the reason due to which this is happening.
Ayurveda is an age old life science, that is known to work medical marvels. The best part about this field of medicine is that it blends the everyday remedies that touch the root cause of the issue before curing the same. Aging is an aspect that plagues one and all with its various signs hitting the skin, senses, body and hair.
So how can you use Ayurveda to turn back the aging clock of your system? Read on to find out!
- Herbs and Vayasthapana: Vayasthapana or the anti-aging effect is a herbal formula with herbs like Gotu Kola, which are known for their anti-aging properties in the field of Ayurveda. Ashwagandha is also used in this concoction. Other herbs like Amla, ginger, turmeric and Galanga are also used to create this anti-aging effect. The oil of cloves can also be used on the massage table for anti-aging.
- Radiance and Varnya: Varnya is the Ayurvedic effect of maintaining or bringing out the glow or radiance of the skin. The Varnya herbs include flame of forest, silk cotton tree, rose petals and Indian redwood. This concoction can help you retain a youthful glow on your skin, which will also keep fine lines at bay.
- Deep Healing and Branropana: With the help of Gotu Kola and other sensitive herbs, one can heal the body deeply and also enhance the skin. The herbs used here can also help in strengthening one's digestive system so that there is no Ama or toxin build up. The other herbs one can use here are turmeric, rose petals and cotton silk tree.
- Yoga: Yoga is a known method of keeping the body and senses vital and well functioning. There are a number of Yogic postures and poses that can help in the anti-aging process. These include equal standing for better balance, the tree pose, the squat pose, the downward dog pose, the plank pose for core strength and the seated twist.
- Diet and Lifestyle: Ayurveda is a science that touches every day in order to effectively heal and prevent. So, it is important to follow the Ayurvedic tenets of following a proper balance of eating, resting and activity even as you ingest regular meals at a set time with all the food groups in perfect balance.
Ayurveda can be used in order to take good care of the body even if you are not suffering from any ailments. The herbs can be ingested on a daily basis as seasoning for your food while Yoga can be practiced routinely. This will help you in delaying the aging process.
Related Tip: "4 Really Simple Ways To Prevent Premature Skin Aging"
I have black marks on my forehead. Phele kam area blackish tha but ab forehead park abhi area mera black ho gaya hai and face par bhi chin ke sides pe bhi dark skin ho gayi hai. Colour fair kaise kare please help me.
Lybrate | Dr Vidya speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY