Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. BabuYour feedback matters!
Constipation in children can be effectively dealt with by monitoring a well-balanced diet. Eating the following things and drinking nearly three liters of water each day can relieve your child from stool withholding.
- Eat these fruits raw: Apples, plums and pears should be eaten raw along with their skins. These fruits are known to contain an average of 4.4 to 3.3 grams of dietary fiber that will further stimulate bowel movements. Apples, pears and plums are rich in pectin and hence help in softening your stool.
- Add nuts to your daily diet: Nuts can help you if you are suffering from constipation. However, nuts should not be consumed in excess as they can make you gain calories. Having a fistful of nuts once in a day could work wonders for your digestive health.
- Have a high- fiber cereal for breakfast: High- fiber cereal for breakfast can give your day a good start. It prevents stool withholding. Cereals in present times no more taste bland. You may add some honey to your child's bowl of cereals; honey acts as a laxative and caters to a person's taste buds as well. If your cereal is not sufficiently fiber dense you may add some flaxseed to every single serving.
- Sweet berries can be of great help: Berries have nutrients that are known to cure symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries should be included in a child's diet. These fruits are rich in vitamin C and vitamin K. They are good for a child's fiber and copper requirements.
- Get a full night's sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important for good digestion. Improper digestion could be the reason behind continual constipation. Children these days tend to keep awake till late. Children should at least get seven to eight hours of sleep regularly.
In spite of following a healthy lifestyle the problem of constipation may still persist. It is best to consult a professional doctor in such a case. Before seeing a doctor to remedy constipation it is important to jot down certain points regarding your child's health. A guardian must make a list of medications his or her child has been taking by far, a list of symptoms he or she has been facing simultaneously and must also carry a brief record of one's family history. Constipation, if left unchecked, can lead to anal fissures over time.
Am 3 months pregnant and still have severe nausea almost the whole day. I have few questions too. 1. Can I eat raw mango? 2. What are the foods to be avoided?
I feel my immunity is poor. I catch cold frequently and take antibiotics take a very long time to cure me.
I am suffering from premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Please help me for this as I cannot satisfy my partner. My Penistone doenlt get erected and with in 1min I ejaculate out. Health wise I was 105kg a years ago nw reduce upto 75kg. STILL SUFFERING THE SAME.
I am suffering from the problem of itching in downsides and in both ears too. From last two years I have used various medicines too by showing a skin specialist in our city but does not work. I have some problems of heavy hair loss too from last 1 year. What to do? Please help.
Cadmium can be found in plastics tubes cadmium toxicity can lead to kidney bone and pulmonary damage
The exposure by dermal pulmonary (lungs) and gastrointestinal (mouth)
Hello sir, my mother (70 years) have heart blockage,(we have done angiography tchats why we come to know about blockage, but now she is fine, She is taking here regular medicines, likely0NIT SR 2.6 1-0-1 clopitorva 10/75 0-0-1cresar AM 1-0-0prolomet XL 50 0-0-1TRIALM SR. 5 0-0-1BEXOL 1-0-0SYNDOPA PLUS 125 1-0-1PENTA 40 1-0-0ULGEL SYRUP AS NEEDEDMy question is about her B. P. We have monitored her B. P. Since 3 days, 112/51, 120/56, 108/47, Is it ok in this medical condition? Please answer for B. P. Awaiting your prompt response, Regards, Zakirhusain.
I have major bloating and gastric issue! Can't understand what causes that. I feel tight and uneasy all the time as if I have overeaten even if I have not. Any solution?
Neurotransmitters such as dopamine, serotonin and endorphin are responsible for regulating moods and behavior. The body is able to produce these neurotransmitters because of certain nutrients like protein, fatty acids and carbohydrates. Since these nutrients come from the food we consume, it is important to pay attention to your diet. Eating the right foods can help to prevent nutritional deficiencies and hormonal imbalances. This, in turn, helps to prevent or reduce mood changes and emotional disturbances, where dietary deficiencies may have been contributing factors. Here are some tips on what to eat to prevent depression:
The importance of eating a healthy breakfast cannot be stressed enough. It helps to maintain your blood sugar levels and thus keeps your moods stable.Oats make a good breakfast food because they help to combat stress and also keep your cholesterol levels in check.
Don’t drastically reduce fat from your diet. Some amount of fat is necessary for proper functioning. Try to ensure an intake of healthy fats such as omega-3 fatty acids which are found in foods such as nuts, fatty fish and seeds.
Add plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet as these will supply your body with a variety of essential vitamins and minerals.
Foods such as lean turkey, chicken and milk are high in tryptophan, an amino acid that stimulates the release of serotonin. Serotonin enhances mood.
Restrict your intake of caffeinated beverages and alcohol. Some studies have indicated a link between excessive coffee consumption and depression. Alcohol affects mood and can also interfere with sleep.
Avoid following restrictive or crash diets that eliminate an entire food group. These can considerably affect your normal body rhythm and may lead to hormonal imbalances.
DR SURBHI AGRAWAL
Consultant physician, diabetologist and wellness expert.