Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. BabuYour feedback matters!
Hey Dear I have ears pain since ao long time. Many doctors changed it and no issue in reports also. What can I do now.
For last few days I suddenly feel dizziness and completely weak and after sometime I feel better. In the past I had taken medicine for vertigo does this again pertains to it, kindly advice.
My ECG has following 3 diagnosis: 1) Sinus Arrhythmia 2) Lateral Myocardial Infarction (1, aVL) 3) Low Voltage (Chest Leads) What are these? Can you please explain.
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with your doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 15 years old, now a days my urine is very dark and my body aches especially my back, neck, legs and shoulders. I have also have pain in my throat, ears, eyes and head. I also feel very tired after enough rest and sleep.Please tell sir .
My right ear ha ear perforated. And bed heavy, doctor said to me we do a operation named tympanography. So what should I do. regarding do a operation or not. Please reply.
I have tonsils problem. after eating something cold I often suffer from throat infection? what precautions should I take?
I am suffering from allergy. My nose blocked anytime and discharging liquid after taking bath. Headache also. Is my disease allergy or sinus. Plse give a suggestion and treatment detail.
How does a person prone to getting colds help themselves. A person who has sinus. How can he/she reduce his problems or deal better with his/her cold. Any home remedies?
I tend to suffer from hypothyroidism. However, recent tests show that the levels are well within range. Despite of it, I tend to feel feeble, weak and fragile. Since past one month, I am feeling dizzy despite for sleeping for 7-8 hours and still tend to oversleep being unaware of the reasons behind it. Kindly provide the remedy and I shall be highly thankful to you.
I always eat healthy food but still I am not healthy. I always feel giddiness, Suggest me what to do.
Hello, I am Dr. Anup Sabharwal, ENT surgeon in a clinic in South Delhi. I am presently associated with BLK hospital. A common problem that a patient comes with is Sinusitis, which is many times is self-diagnosis and is mislabeled. Sinusitis is any complaint of the nose which should not ready be labeled as the thing, the infection of the sinusitis which is the technical term, SINUSITIS.
Any a headache any nose stuffiness is unfortunately labeled as such. It cause may be an eye symptom, the cause may be an allergy problem. So proper ENT examination and nasal endoscopy is mostly needed to come to a diagnosis. A simple patient’s logical history can also give us a lot of information. It is a misnomer again that sinusitis has no cure. NO, a properly diagnosed nasal condition with proper treatment gives excellent results. There is again a misnomer that sinusitis surgery is not successful, there are recurrences so that is again not true. Properly selected rays give excellent results and it is not always that the surgical option is to be looked for. Sinusitis may be an infective process, maybe an allergic process, maybe because of the bony deformity of the sinuses which will detect on a CT scan.
The treatment may be in the form of short term high dose therapy or for long chronic conditions may be a little long-run treatment. The treatment may also be in the form of surgery in which we do endoscopic surgery from the nostrils. There is no cut from the outside. From the inside, the sinuses are opened up. Any polyps, infections, the fungus is cleared out. This is a routine surgery for us ENT surgeons and we know it gives very good results. The surgery may also involve, surgery on the nasal septum, on the side tissues to shrink them away to give good nasal passage and good relief from nasal conditions.
You can contact me through Lybrate either online through your text audio or video consult.