Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. BabuYour feedback matters!
I am surfing from soar throat from few number of days. Its paining a lot. I do not know what to do. Its harming alot to me. Even I do not able to eat or drink. Help me.
My father has an inherited problem in his ears. And his hearing power is declining by time. Is it curable?
As I am having vertigo problem. What all are its symptoms. Is there any requirements of physiotherapist consultancy for this.
Hello Doctor, I have Migraine head ache but in that I suffer dizziness a lot n my half legs are paining a lot cause of that I haven't been standing for half an continuously and always I feel dizziness, my eyes r also paining.
I am 21 year old. I have been suffring from sinus since two year. I have consulted bhu doctor but no bebefit. Can I take immuno therepy ?
When go to sun light then nose will be burning feeling some times when you live in Delhi that's is not happing but in Ajmer.
Hi Dr. I have last one month one side nose block some time right some time left side three time morning wakeup blood coming nose .I go to ENT Dr. he said dust allergy giving tablet 10 days but no improve ment aft that I take pns x ray x ray report was Nasal septum is in midline bilateral inferior and middle nasal turbinates hypertrophic Bilateral ethmoid sinusitis Please what problems for me.
I have a continue sound in my left ear since last 6 year. I am very worried about it. Please suggest me.
I am 21 years old. I have rough tongue and in the morning there are some white materials. Sometimes it looks like swollen and pains. This has been from many years. What should I do?
I am suffering from continuous airy noise in my right ear since a year. In the beginning it was irregular, occurring for a few seconds then went away. But with time it started to happen 24×7. Allopathy doctors described it normal and diagnosed cold to be the cause. But comes possibility was ruled out in the x-ray. There are no hearing defects as I went through that test as well. Homeopathy doctor said there is an issue with the nerves. No great results. Can someone please give me a clue as to what it might be and what is the possible way out.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.