Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. B V Venugopal

MBBS, (FAGE) Fellow of Academy of General Education

General Physician, Bangalore

31 Years Experience
Dr. B V Venugopal MBBS, (FAGE) Fellow of Academy of General Education General Physician, Bangalore
31 Years Experience
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. B V Venugopal
Dr. B V Venugopal is a popular General Physician in Kanakapura, Bangalore. He has had many happy patients in his 31 years of journey as a General Physician. He has completed MBBS, (FAGE) Fellow of Academy of General Education . You can meet Dr. B V Venugopal personally at Bharath Nursing Home in Kanakapura, Bangalore. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. B V Venugopal on has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences (VIMS), Bellary, - 1986
(FAGE) Fellow of Academy of General Education - - 1992
Languages spoken
Professional Memberships
karnataka medical council


Book Clinic Appointment

Bharath Nursing Home

No 1402, Sarakki Gate, Kanakapura Main road, 560078Bangalore Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. B V Venugopal

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

What to I have a heavy gastric I can not sleep at night my heart will pain at night what to do to clear my gastric?

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
Only 18 but suffering from gastric problems, before some tests are suggested, do take care about your diet. Eat moderately, regularly, nouritious food which has simple proteins like milk & curds and less oils, besides raw vegetables that can cause distention. Do write back after a week, if problem is not resolved, some tests will be suggested.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from fistula in anus from last 5 years, I need homeopath treatment, please suggest medicine.

B.H.M.S., Senior Homeopath Consultant
Homeopath, Delhi
Please take homoeopathic medicine - p. Sil. 0/2 10 equal strenth strocks put 10 to 25 drops in one or two teaspoon of water thrice a day for one month. Revert back after one month with feedback.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from dry cough since last two weeks. And m unable to control himself for cough what von den meeting of. You.

General Physician, Cuttack
1. Do a complete blood examination like CBC, ESR, Mantoux test, X ray chest, Sputum examination for AFB. 2.Consult Chest physician with report. 3.Do warm saline gurgling 3-4 times daily, 4.Avoid smoking if you smoke. 5.Consult me for further advice
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the symptom of dengue? What is the way by which we can protect us from it?

General Physician, Nashik
Symptoms include severe joint and muscle pain, swollen lymph nodes, headache, fever, exhaustion, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache (the" dengue triad") is characteristic of dengue fever. Because dengue fever is caused by a virus, there is no specific medicine or antibiotic to treat it. For typical dengue fever, the treatment is directed toward relief of the symptoms (symptomatic treatment). The prevention of dengue fever requires control or eradication of the mosquitoes carrying the virus that causes dengue. There is currently no vaccine to prevent dengue fever.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I always get cold during seasonal changes. How to avoid cold during seasonal changes? can you tell me all the precautions?

General Physician, Pune
Cold during seasonal change suggest that you have low immunity i. E. Body resistance. You need regular exercise, vitamins, minerals and protein diet to improve body resistance. If it persists after doing all above then you need to see a good doctor.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!

MBBS, Diploma In Dermatology And Venerology And Leprosy (DDVL)
Dermatologist, Raigarh
Headach as of now for headache you can take tablet paracetamol. But we will have to make a diagnosis to get to the cause of it which can be either due to frontal sinusitis or due to migrane or due to refractive error of the eyes or due to other causes for which we have to investigate. If you want medicine than, I will prescibe.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir, I am suffering from sinus problem like cold. From last year. And from that asthma I am getting. Can you suggest me from this problem.

General Physician, Hyderabad
Try water therapy ie.take water 1 Liter on empty stomach daily for 1-2 months Avoid allergies that causes cold like taking cold drinks, icecreem any smell Do Pranayama exercises regularly
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Urinary System - 9 Surprising Facts!

MBBS, DNB ( General Surgery ), DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinary Surgery
Urologist, Pune
Urinary System - 9 Surprising Facts!

Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urology also deals with certain women related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence. In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology.

Here are 9 things you should know as a woman

1. Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.

2. An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.

3. Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.

4. Walk the exercise path to good health: Exercises for your vagina like kegal are great when done right. You can connect with a practitioner who specializes in toning and the stimulation of pelvic floor muscles to treat incontinence.

5. Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.

6. Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.

7. Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.

8. Women can get kidney stones too: This is true, especially when you forget to hydrate yourself in hot climates or high temperature situations.

9. Urology can solve some sexual problems too: Whether it's sexual dysfunction, low libido or trouble reaching orgasm, urology can play its part to help you out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.

2014 people found this helpful

I am suffering from typhoid from 2 months. My fever is not going. What should I do?

B.H.M.S., Senior Homeopath Consultant
Homeopath, Delhi
You have to take Bapt. Tict. 30 / 5 drops in little water thrice a day for one month. Revert back after one month with feedback.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My brother has a problem in his chest he get's some pain sometime so what is the problem?

Homeopath, Sindhudurg
Hello, it's hyperacidity, give him homoeopathic treatment. Homoeopathic constitutional medicines are prescribed not only on the basis of the signs and symptoms, but also according to your physical and mental make up. Thus, they affect your entire body and not only treat acidity.
11 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have frequent urination problem my urine reports are coming normal please help me what to do.

Homeopath, Raebareli
It could be due to blood sugar /enlarge prostate, etc. Please do a urine test - routine and culture next time A USG of lower abdomen A blood sugar test - FBS/PPBS Based on the above treatment would begin.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have fever and malaria what to do now please tell me I can not lose hope please tell I want it free.

General Physician, Mumbai
For fever take tablet paracetamol 650 mg and we have to give anti malarial drugs after clinical examination.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 43 years old male diabetic having problem under my foot feeling burning sensation under foot.

MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology
Endocrinologist, Hubli-Dharwad
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. If you have been having diabetes for a long time, then there is a possibility of developing peripheral neuropathy, which causes burning pain in the feet as well as tingling and numbness. Because of long standing diabetes that particularly if blood glucose is not well controlled then such symptoms are bound to occur. Ideally in diabetes blood glucose levels should be maiintained in following manner: FBG:<100 mg, PP 150 to 160 mg & HbA1c% <6.8. If one does not achieve these levels consistently then neuropathy is more likely to develop early. Thanks.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from small penis size and pre mature ejaculation within a fraction of secs. I need to go long. I need some suggestions.

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please don't worry wake up early and start doing some exercises daily do kegel and perineal exercises daily do yogasanas and pranayam daily take musali pak by patanjali 2tsf 2 times with milk for 6mths cap shilajeet by patanjali 1 1 cap ashwagandha by himalaya 1 1 apply tejas oil by patanjali on penis avoiding masturbation daily.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Team, I am suffering from two major problem: 1.) After masturbation Sperm is coming out in sufficient amount but it is coming in "Jelly" form or crystal form so during sperm coming out of penis no pleasure is felt. 2.) Erectile dysfunction is achieved after one round of masturbation. I am not used to of masturbation it happens only twice a week haven't done sex yet. I am worried why it's happening as most of the time my penis remain in sleep mode. Kindly advice some good advice and also tell is this a matter of concern. Thanks for the support in advance. Your needful patient.

Sexologist, Panchkula
Your sperms are in crystal form and you don't feel pleasure when sperms comes out. You feel erection problem during second time of masturbation. Your penis remains in sleep mode most of the time. I advice you to take proper balanced vegetarian diet. Take 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to detoxify body. Take fruits and vegetables in daily diet. Do meditation for mental strength daily. Avoid non veg and eggs always. Do kegel exercises daily. For better guidance and natural, safe and permanent treatment, consult privately.
24 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have suffering with fever over the past three days, what kind of medicines are useful for me?

General Physician, Cuttack
1.Take paracetamol 500mg, one tablet sos upto a maximum of three tablets daily after food 2.Drink plenty of water 3.Take rest 4.If no relief do blood examination like ESR, CBC, Widal/ Typhidot test, Blood for mp/malaria antigen and Dengue antigen(NS1) test after consulting doctor 5. consult me for further advice
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have urine infection, I feel burning sensation. please recommend some home remedy.

MBBS, MD - General Medicine, DM - Nephrology
Nephrologist, Delhi
Take some cranberry juice..... but it is v imp to get it evaluated and treated. Also get a urine culture done
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, my mom is having diabetes type 2 she is in great depression because of that can you help me to solve her problem.

Psychiatrist, Bangalore
Dear lybrate-user, nice to see such an young boy trying to get help for mom. Diabetes and depression can co occur. Both need treatment. Most of the time your diabetes doctor can manage the depression also by counselling and if necessary with antidepressant tablets. Only when your mom is suicidal or not responding to usual dose and treatment, he/she will refer to psychiatrist. Please request her to discuss with the doctor freely about her depression. Alternately you can go in during her consultation and tell the doctor about her depression.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years old, female. Am having bleeding piles for 1.5 years. I consulted doctors but its not cure. While passing urine also its bleeding. Please refer some medicine. Thank you.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Hello, kindly let me know Treatment taken for piles? I am giving you brief idea of treatment of piles Treatment of piles includes following treatment: 1.Non-surgical approaches injecting the haemorrhoid vein to make it scleroses or harden, using rubber bands Haemorrhoid removal with laser surgery or haemorrhoidectomy (ectomy=removal) using a scalpel. Another alternative is stapled haemorrhoidectomy, Medicine is usually used to treat associated symptoms like pain, constipation, anaemia due to bleeding but permanent treatment is only surgical
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed