Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B. V. Sreenivasa MurthyYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, My questions is for dentists doctors.... I am having gap between wisdom tooth and next to that... Anything that i eat will stuck between that gap...and i started feeling pain.... Is there any way to fill that gap... till now i am maintaining the problem by toothpick but sometimes it wont work and the pain starts again.... doctor recommended me remove the wisdom tooth but i dont want to remove it.... Any other alternative will be appreciated....
I am a 27 year old male have chipped the edge of my front top tooth due to a fall would like advice, because i've never visited a dentist before.
I am 32 years old lady. I have a cavity in my wisdom tooth. Can this be filled instead of removing as two of my hind teeth had been already removed and I have heard that removing of teeth makes eye sight weak. My eyes are already weak. So what shall I do?
My son teeth is very yellow they do brush a single time in a day what I can do to make my children teeth white and clear.
I am suffering from ora Mouth problems. I am having cavities and tooth ache. My gums also bleed while brushing.
My gums have been paining for the past several weeks and there is irritation during brushing. What can be the probable treatment for this?
I'm 49 years old, I have removed around 6-7 teeth, and the rest of the teeth needs to be cured, what shall I do and how much it's cost for hollywood smile?
I am having a gap between my front teeth. Its draining all my confidence to face and talk to someone. I wish to start treatment near dentist in order to reduce gap. How much month should I wear clip on teeth for making my front teeth more close and perfect? Please help me.
My mother aged sixty has toothache in her broken teeth at the end of her jaw. Cold / hot water is creating problem while intake it. She wants her teeth to be removed. Kindly advice?
My wife is suffering from blister in mouth since last 3 years and we are very worried about her. What should we do? pls help us.
Any dentist. Please help me. I regularly brush my teeth. In morning & before going to bed also. But still my teeth are not white, they look yellow! please help me.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.