Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
My sex problems are growing day by day and wrong thoughts are continuously coming in my mind, what can I do to heal permanently.
Hi, I'm a 16 year old. I get a cold every morning when I sleep under the fan. It's difficult to not sleep without the fan turned on. What can be done?
Urinated while asleep early morning while having a bad dream. In the dream, one thing he remembers is going to the toilet and urinating, only to wake up and realise that he just urinated in bed! Why would this happen? Whats the solution?
I've been coughing for almost 2 months but not developed any fever. Is it TB? In winters, the cough goes a bit high.
I got burn on 2nd March by silencer of bike on my right leg. Then I had taken amoxyclav (12 tabs) and cefadroxil (1 gm) for 6 days. Then it was cured but after 3 months again Pus forms. Please guide me properly to cure completely. Within this period I use Sucral ointment but it increase the pus. Please suggest some gel or ointment.
Rectum pain when walking. And no taste in mouth. Cause.I am feeling sick with stomach .after eat I feel to vomit. But I have a chest cold. What's the causes.
Sir, l have this cough from past five months and feels in my chest as if there lot of phlegm and congestion. He'd shown my family physician few times but no help, please tell me solution.
I had a injury to the abdomen from last week. I took medical treatment from a local doctor but it is not cured. What should I do now?
Hi. I just wanted to say that my erection is very poor this days. Its not strong enough. Too weak! kindly help.
I am 19 years old. I am having pain in my neck. I am not feeling well. I am also feeling serious head ache. What should I do?
Sir I am thinking that I have the sperm rate in body is less when a girl touches but there is no sensation in body how can I improve sperms in my body.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Occurrence of hyperglycemia
- Developing a habit of eating more, but still experiencing weight loss
- The shift in weight may be dramatic
- The energy level is low
- Eating patterns turn unusual
- Binge eating
- Developing an obsession for food
- Enhanced awareness about body image
- Feeling anxious about the weight
- A delay occurs in sexual maturity or attaining puberty
- Occurrence of stress
- Hospitalization is required frequently for diabetic patients
- Exercising amount increases
- The patient tends to hide food
- There is a smell of ketones from the breath and urine of the patient
- Frequency of urination gets enhanced
- Malnutrition occurs signalled by hair loss or drying of skin
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.