Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.v Chandrashekar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. B.v ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
The main task of the kidneys is to balance the electrolytes in the blood and maintain the pH homeostasis. The kidneys also remove waste products from the blood. Infections in the kidney aren’t uncommon and affect women (majorly pregnant women) and children below the age of two in most conditions.
Kidney infections are of two types:
- Uncomplicated kidney infection: The infections in this condition are minor and can be cured with minimal medication.
- Complicated kidney infection: These infections are more complex and serious as compared to the uncomplicated ones.
If not treated on time, kidney infection can prove to become a serious condition and lead to various complications including kidney damage and blood poisoning (sepsis).
The most common causes of kidney infections are:
- Weak immune system: If you have a weak immune system, you are prone to getting a bacterial or fungal infection on the surface of your skin which eventually enters the bloodstream. The infection might right reach the kidneys and cause an infection there.
- Bacteria entering from the urethra: The pathogen which causes an infection can enter the body through the urethra and multiply in the bladder. The infection spreads to the kidneys and causes renal infection.
- Kidney stones: People diagnosed with kidney stones are at a very high risk of developing kidney infections. Kidney stones are caused because of a build-up of dissolved minerals in the inner lining of the kidneys.
- Enlarged prostate: Men with an excessively enlarged prostate are prone to developing kidney infections as compared to men with a normal-sized prostate.
- Intercourse: Engaging in sexual (anal or vaginal) intercourse with an infected person can be a major reason for kidney infection as the bacteria can enter the body through the anus or the vagina and affect the kidneys.
It is not difficult to detect infection in the kidneys as they have very visible symptoms. A few symptoms of kidney infection are:
- Excessive back pain
- Sudden chills or fever
- Nausea and puking
- Blood in the urine
- Pain while urinating
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from enlarged prostate and related difficulties, such as get up from sleep at night 3-4 times to pass urine, feeling urgency to pass urine etc. Conducted several tests and physician prescribed Weltam 0.4 mg tablets daily once at night. I do not feel much improvement in my problem. Your valued suggestions solicited. Thanks
I have a urine infection and I had tested my urine that contains some puss cells please suggest me what is the cure and what are the reasons behind this.
I am 30 years old male person and problem of stone stone is gone o my urinal side and burning and pain in my urinal side please suggest some medicine to free my pain.
I have e coli from last 2 months even after continuous medication. My current urine culture report have 100000 colony count of bacteria. sensitive medicines are ciproflaxin, gentamycin, cephalocin (first line of medication). Is anything serious in having colony count 100000.
After releasing my urine. I am feeling my bladder is full. My age is 20. Suffering frim thyroid. Early morning my urine is yellow coloured. Is it a major problem. Some times I feel my heart is beating slow also.
Since last month having uti with proteus mirallis bacteria confirmed on urine culture test. My ultrasound kub was normal but after taking so many medicines still I am feeling very burning sensation while and after urination. My uric acid is 6.7. I wanted to know Should I avoid sexual activity or masturbation totally and how much time is more needed for full recovery. Pls help.
Hello sir/madam My dad's kidney's are working only 10%.90%of both the kidney's stopped working. I just got a doubt whether avf operation must be performed before transplantation .coz I am ready to give my dad a kidney .now itself. Should avf operation must be done fr dialysis. Or can the kidney be transplanted without performing any operations. Please help me in this regard.
Mam. I had an unprotected sex 1st time with my feonce on 13th march and 25th march is my mensuration date. My period is not start yet. I took many times urine test which shows negative and I also test serum beta hcg. It also shows negative. What I do please help my period is not yet starts please what I do. Ultrasound karalu ya ni.
Monitor BP and cholesterol
Donot overuse over the counter pain killer.
Monitor blood sugar.
Get annual health check.
You if any one suffering from ckd/hypertension/DM in family ,then most likely to suffer from CKD.
Do not smoke.
Follow a healthy diet
Get tested for CKD if under risk