Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B SrideviYour feedback matters!
It is supposed to start my period on 5 or 6 of this month but still not started and i got sex last 18 february and i didn' t let the sperm there and it tested two times shows negative. And stilll no period plese help me.
How to over come the fear of injections and surgeries worried as I want to get pregnant but too scared of all this how can I overcome this fear please help.
Hi sir my wife is pregnant have second trimester (17 week) she is suffering from lower back pain can I give calicijoint cap. One cap. D3 Contain 60000 lU but calcium has not this cap.
My wife has unbearable pain in periods and sometime her periods happens after 15 days is any problem please help me with your response.
The use of herbs and spices has been important through the course of history. Modern scientific research has shown that many herbs and spices offer various health benefits and are known for their medicinal properties even before they were used for cooking.
- Cinnamon: Helps in regulating blood sugar levels. Cinnamon is widely used in various types of culinary creations, particularly baked goods. Cinnamon is rich in a compound called cinnamaldehyde, which endows the herb with its medicinal properties. This spice contains the highest level of antioxidants than other spices, which helps in fighting inflammation and has been proved to lower down levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood. Many studies have also shown that cinnamon can lower down your blood sugar level by slowing down the breakdown of carbohydrates as well as improving insulin sensitivity.
- Sage: Helps in improving memory and brain functions. The name “sage” is derived from the Latin word Salvere, meaning “to save.” In recent times, several researches have been conducted that show the efficacy of sage in improving functions of the brain and memory, particularly in individuals who are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Other studies have indicated that sage can improve the function of the brain, both in young and old.
- Peppermint: Aids in reducing nausea. Peppermint is well known for its medicinal usage, which makes it a critical component of aromatherapy. Many studies have shown that use of peppermint oil helps in alleviating the pain caused by irritable bowel syndrome. There are some studies that indicate peppermint can also help in fighting the problem of nausea among women in labour.
- Turmeric: Endowed with anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is a popular spice that is used for giving the yellow colour to the curry, but it also contains several medicinal properties. Turmeric is rich in curcumin content, which is an anti-oxidant that not only helps in preventing damage from oxidation, but also boosts the body’s own antioxidant enzymes. It also has strong anti-inflammatory properties, which can match to that of many anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Holy basil: Helps in fighting infection. Basil, one of the sacred herbs in India, is known for inhibiting the growth of numerous bacteria, molds and yeasts. It can also reduce the blood sugar levels, both before and after meals. Holy basil also aids in fighting anxiety and depression.
- Cayenne pepper: Aids in controlling appetite. Those individuals who are looking to lose weight can use the cayenne pepper as it not only helps in controlling appetite, but also increases the amount of fat burned. This is the primary reason why it has been included in many commercial weight loss supplements. Some animal studies have indicated that the capsaicin content in cayenne pepper also helps in fighting liver, lung and even prostate cancer.
All the herbs and spices come from different parts of the plants such as flowers, fruits, barks, seeds, leaves, and roots as well. These essential parts of the plant not only make the dishes taste better, but also aid in preserving them for a longer span of time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Approximately 60% of the human body consists of water. It is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and even excretion, ensuring smooth functioning of your system. A mere drop in the water content of your body can lead to dehydration, which can affect your body in more than one ways. Dehydration can also take a toll on your skin leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated.
How drinking water affects the skin?
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arise over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I was having sex and my condom breaks and now I am worried about hiv virus can you tell me what should I do now to prevent hiv.
After unprotected sex I had taken i -pll and had two days of period with brownish colour whats the reason.
A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE ON HOW TO FIND THE BEST TREATMENT RATHER THAN DOCTOR.
You are struck by this unknown throat problem, your general physician is not very helpful, he tried his level best but still no relief. The big question “who is the best doctor, who can solve my problem”. Like a child’s play the hand slides down to cellphone and you search the best throat doctor. Little did you realize that you are unscrupulously falling in the trap of finding that nonexistent “best doctor”. Finding the best doctor is akin to say “finding the best dog “or “finding the best spouse”. Not only its purely subjective proposition but often leads to disasters if you jump blindly. In fact, if you search Ent doctors on google, almost all of them will be quoted as best ent doctors. The menace is so much widespread spread to the extent doctors have posted youtube videos (unbelievable 341,000 videos ) claiming themselves to be best doctors in india. Its more of marketing gimmick and trap in which patients often fall into. Medical council of india does not award best doctors to any one and neither is there a yard stick to judge all doctors on one scale.
Coming back to the basic question, who is the best guy to treat my throat? However badly you want to know that “name”, it would be a shocker if i tell you the truth, the name doesn’t exist. While a seemingly simple voice change can be a sign of voice exertion and may need only voice rest to cure it, it can very well be a subtle sign of malignancy that can be picked by narrow band imaging available only at the finest centers. Since the variation is so huge, it is unlikely you will ever come across “know all”, “do all” and “fix all” person.
Often the only practical solution to your problem is where can i find an honest, skillful, caring and available doctor. Your personal preference may force you to think any of the four characteristic more important and you may choose to overlook some inadequacy if your big goal is satisfied. That’s why we have mixed opinions of any doctor. Even with a very reputed doctor, your choice feels like rolling a dice in snake and ladder game.
More people than ever are now searching for a physician they can call their own. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find reliable, easy-to-understand information about specific doctors or practices. It may seem like a burden or restrictive to choose a care provider.
When you are choosing a doctor, look for someone who:
a) Treats you with respect: good doctors understand that a patient is vulnerable. Being respectful goes a long way toward helping the patient explain symptoms, take responsibility for decision-making and complying with instructions.
b) listens to your opinions and concerns:
c) encourages you to ask questions
d) explains things in ways you can understand: helps you understand what the next steps will be, and what the possible outcomes and their ramifications might be.
e) takes steps to prevent illness-for example, talks to you about quitting smoking.
It’s a known fact that doctors with better communication and interpersonal skills are able to detect problems earlier, can prevent medical crises and expensive intervention, and provide better support to their patients. This may lead to higher-quality outcomes and better satisfaction, lower costs of care, greater patient understanding of health issues, and better adherence to the treatment process
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH THE RIGHT DOCTOR
Make a list of the doctors you have in mind. Surf/call to learn more about them. References are usually most helpful and try calling your friends relatives to have their opinion. The answers to the following questions may help you make the best decision. Think about your experience after the first visit. Use your first visit as a litmus test. After u have seen the Doctor. Ask yourself, Did the Doctor-
1. Give me a chance to ask questions?
2. Really listen to my questions without interrupting?
3. Answer in terms I understood?
4. Show respect for me?
5. Ask me questions?
6. Make me feel comfortable?
7. Address the health problem(s) I came with?
8. Ask me my preferences about different kinds of treatments?
9. Spend enough time with me?
10. Explain the diagnosis and treatment, and specify a date for a follow-up?
If your doctor doesn’t fit in the check list and you are frustrated. It is important you should know your rights as a patient. this includes but not limited to following. so make sure you ask everything
a) Why do I need this treatment?
b) Are there any alternatives?
c) Are there any side effects?
d) What is the test for?
e) When will I get the results?
f) Will this medicine interact with medicines that I'm already taking?
HOW TO MAKE MOST OF YOUR TIME WHILE TALKING TO DOCTOR?
Since time is limited and it is unfair to expect that doctor will address your every little concern. It’s important you structure your interaction with him and get most of his time.
Ask questions. If you don't, your doctor may think you understand everything that was said.
Write down your questions before your visit. List the most important ones first to make sure they get asked and answered.
You might want to bring someone along to help you ask questions. S/he can also help you understand and/or remember the answers.
Ask your doctor to draw pictures if that might help to explain something.
Let your doctor know if you need more time. If there is no time that day, perhaps you can speak to a nurse or assistant. Or, ask if you can call later to speak with someone.
Ask for written instructions.
WHAT DOCTORS EXPECT FROM PATIENTS
1. You know important things about your symptoms and your health history. Tell your doctor what you think she/he needs to know.
2. Always bring a list of medicines you are taking (include when and how often you take them). Talk about any allergies or reactions you have had to your medicines.
3. Tell your doctor about any natural or alternative medicines or treatments.
4. Bring other medical information, such as x-ray films, test results, and medical records.
WHAT DOCTORS DISCOURAGE PATIENTS FROM DOING?
a) Talk bad about previous doctors and blaming them for everything.
b) Test the knowledge of doctor rather than getting to the problem
c) Bargain and talk how other people are offering treatment much cheaper.
d) Expect 100% results for everything while patient is busy drinking, smoking and sitting like a sloth.
e) More worried about side effects of treatment than the real problem of disease in front of them.
f) Read unedited blogs and websites which do not give peer reviewed medical information and discussing unfiltered half-baked ideas.
Ultimately it boils down to some sort of amicable agreement between doctor and patient which Leeds to success of treatment. From patient’s perspective “patient really doesn’t care how much a doctor knows till he knows how much a doctor cares”. Bottom-line finding a good doctor who can deliver the best treatment is always more practical then the searching for best doctor who may not deliver the best treatment.
source : http://www.3sensesent.com
• Worm infections are more prevalent among school children aged 5-14 years. They are seen in about 50% in urban and 68% in rural school children.
• Children are carrying worms in their intestine without their knowledge. Worms stick to intestine and keep on sucking blood and other nutrition. There are many types of worm like roundworm, thread worm, pin worm, hook worm etc. which can cause infection.
• Severity of infection depends on worm burden. A large majority of cases are asymptomatic. Infection is first identified when parents notice worms in stool .
• They can cause serious complication like Intestinal obstruction, liver disease, Pneumonia and even brain infections.
How we get worm infection?
• When people defecate in the open, millions of roundworm eggs are deposited in the soil or environment. They cans be carried around freely by dust, wind and rain.
• The infective eggs enter into the human body when we swallow or ingest fecal contaminated water or food. Or we pass onto food by infected hands, dirt under the nails, cups and plates.
• A child playing in a compound picks up infective eggs through dirty hands or play objects.
• Dirty human feet and animals walking in and out of houses bring the roundworm eggs into the home, and thus contaminate the home environment.
• In addition, flies, cockroaches and rats are also common vehicles that carry the roundworm eggs into the home where they infect humans.
• swimming in polluted rivers, eating without washing hands, geophagy (eating soil), eating unwashed fruits and vegetables.
In endemic areas eggs contaminate numerous domestic and public sites, including the following-
• Chopping boards • Coins• Door handles • Dust• Fingers• Fingernail dirt• Fruits and Vegetables
• Furniture • Paper money• Pickles• Public baths and restrooms• Public transportation (eg, buses)
• School rooms• Wash basins
How to prevent it?
• People need to adopt good hygiene habits by washing both hands properly with soap before eating or feeding children and after defecation.
• Wash vegetables thoroughly, especially when eating them raw.
• Cook food and vegetables properly to destroy the worm eggs.
• Hygiene and health education of school children is the most important activity to motivate children to change their behaviors and to take home the good hygiene habits.
• They can be shown photos of worm’s diseases, so that they can be easily persuaded to follow good hygienic habits.
How to identify worm infection?
• 85 % of patients are asymptomatic so it remains undiagnosed.
• Stool microscopic examination, for worms egg is a simple and cheap method of diagnosis .
• If the child is looking anemic, malnourished, weak, stomach pain or having anal itching, get his stool test done.
• Worm Infection can be easily cured. We have very good medicines available for worm infections.
• Consult your pediatrician for medication advice.
• But medication does not prevent re-infection.
• So the main treatment is, Prevention through Education of children and parents about importance of good hygiene.
Take Home message
Make it your family culture - Wash Hands with soaps just before eating food.
Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating.
For any queries, feel free to contact at penguinclinic.com
I have pain in my left breast there is no lump can you tell me how to differentiate between heart problem or breast cancer and their symptoms.
Dr. I have a period problem .i had intercourse with my husband on 1 and 3 rd oct with security n I am worried whether I am pregnant. I am a newly married girl n not at all prepared for baby. I have take unwanted 72 on 4th noon. And my last month periods date was 8th n today is 11 .i m really worried that why I am not getting in periods. So far I had done 3 test from preganews all were negative. please help me out. I really need your advice.
Sir, Mam I had unprotected sex with my gf on 21. March, 2016. And her MC is not regular. Her last cycle was missed. And the next expected is on 29. March. 2016. She took i-pill as as contraceptive pill after 2 hours of having intercourse. Now she feels a little pain in her stomach. Ohhh I forgot to mention that I also used condom. But it was our first time so we don't wanna take risk. That's why she took pill. As I told you she feels some pain and a light bleeding in the morning when she wakeup. My question is. What are the chances of pregnancy? And what is the best time to take a pregnancy test? And is there any way to stop pregnancy if she is pregnant? please help me I don't want her to feel help less. please reply as soon as possible.
I have done sex with my partner with out protection before 5 days of her period after 8 day's of sex she don't have period Is she pregnant?
Whenever we intimate their is a white discharge comes out and makes my husband feel irritated and our love making scene turns up into fighting. This is very depressing and I feel I dnt satisfy my husband.
The world is getting busier with every passing day. All are running constantly from playing one role to the other, switching from one task to another. It seems like the messages or the phone calls cannot wait even for like 5 minutes. Do we feel a sense of done at the end of the day? Nah!! We always go to sleep with what to prioritize for next day and the routine continues. Holidays or vacations are no exception either, with our mobiles and devices constantly reminding us of what we should do.
However, of late, there has been a lot of emphasis on the need to relax and recharge the mind and the body. While the body is easier to manage, the mind is a more challenging issue as it is constantly ticking.
Here are some ways to help you relax, suggest you go completely blank in your mind and not do anything during this period.
- Exercise: Whether it is a vigorous workout at the gym, aerobic dancing, or lying in the pool, take a pick. While it may sound like a tiresome errand, most of these heavy workouts relax and recharge very effectively. The energy level post a good workout is to be experienced to be believed.
- Simply sit and meditate: May sound silly, but it is equally difficult to do too. Try to sit quiet with closed eyes without any movement, physical or mental, for about 5 minutes and experience the peace for yourself. When you open your eyes, you will feel rejuvenated.
- Square breathing: Like a square with 4 equal sides, this has 4 equal steps. Inhaling for x seconds, holding it for x seconds, exhaling for x seconds, and waiting out for the next x seconds. 4 or 5 is a good count to start with, but if there are health concerns, then even 2 or 3 should help relax and recharge.
- Music: Music is said to be one of the best soothing agents, create a playlist of your favorite genres and list of music. Be it instrumental or vocal, rap or reggae, classical or pop, take your pick and get lost in it completely. If you are game, even learning music can be very relaxing.
- Read a book: Another very popular technique is to take a book and get lost completely in the story and its characters. Again, pick something that you would enjoy and see you relaxed and recharged.
Each of these requires some time, the most common question is when do I do this? Tell yourself, you don't get time, you need to make time. Once you see the benefits of recharging your brain, you will make time for it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.