Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B SrideviYour feedback matters!
Depression can be caused because of many reasons. However, it can get worse or be triggered due to nutritional deficiency. However nutritional deficiencies and depression act in a vicious cycle. Depressed people often receive less or improper food which leads to malnutrition which again aggravate depression. Thus, both conditions should be treated simultaneously. Read further to know how:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: An Omega-3 unsaturated fat deficiency can cause depression. That shows exactly how much fish, salmon, halibut or flaxseeds and walnuts we have to expend to be at an ideal level. These basic minerals lessen aggravation and take up a basic part in our mental health, particularly memory and disposition.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency is a noteworthy problem that specialists and general physicians perceive to be dangerous. This lack has been connected to depression, dementia and mental imbalance. The majority of our Vitamin D levels drop off during the fall and winter months, since daylight is the best source of vitamin D.
- Magnesium: Odds are great that you are magnesium inadequate since a lot of people are. Sugar, phosphoric acid, perpetual anxiety, anti-infection agents and diuretics contain magnesium. Magnesium is infrequently alluded to as the anxiety counteracting agent.
- Vitamin B complex: B vitamins like vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 have some great medical advantages, including decreased heart diseases and healthy skin and nails. Again, a vitamin B deficiency may affect your emotional wellness. Every one in four depressed or stressed woman suffers from vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Folate: Individuals with a low folate level have just a seven percent reaction to treatment with antidepressants. Those with high folate levels have a reaction of 44 percent. That is the reason a lot of specialists are currently endorsing a folate called Deplin to treat dejection.
- Amino acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of protein that help your mind work efficiently. An amino acid deficiency may make you feel slow, foggy, unfocused, and discouraged. Great sources of amino acids include meat, eggs, beans, seeds, and nuts.
- Iron: Iron deficiency is truly common in women. Around 20 percent of the women and 50 percent of pregnant women are iron deficient. Just 3 percent of men are iron deficient. The most widely recognized type of side effect is the decreasing number of red platelets brought on by the lack of iron. The side effects include weakness, concentration issues and a foggy mind.
- Zinc: Zinc is used by more proteins (a person has more than 300) than some other minerals. It is important to most of the body’s systems. It also helps our stomach to determine what food items or nutrients to keep and what to dispose off.
Therefore, it is very important for a person to consume the right amount of nutrients that a human needs. Their deficiency not only causes depression, but also many other diseases and illnesses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I am 24 years married as I am having pcod problem I had my laparoscopy and took treatment for pregnancy as there was no result came, as I put on my weight so one of my suggested me a ayurvedic treatment as I am taking it now they have have me several test to do as I got a reports they said again the same pcod problem is there and gave a tablets so I want to have a detail of the reports.
I am 26 years old married woman and I am trying to get pregnant, I have so many confusions in my mind related to which food to avoid an all? Should I avoid Alphonso, chicken, fish eggs etc? Please help me with the list of foods to be avoided for conceiving.
Dear sir /mam I blessed with a baby boy on 24-11-2017 with C section and discharged from the hospital on 27 November, from the day 2 am suffering from cracked nipples and since 3 days am feeling pain from back side to front side at breast for both the sides, getting this pain severely during feeding and less in rest of the time. Please suggest me solution for cracked nipples and breastfeeding pain from back side towards breast. Regards
My marriage completed 6 yrs. Still no baby. My folica tube is block. In 2012 dn laposcropy but no result then done 2013 - 5 IUE. Then 2014 normally natural procedure dn by other Dr. Then take gap frm 07/2016 to 01/2017 then dn IVF in 05/2017 but IVF was failed. Nw we cnt do the another ivf for financial issue. So pls suggest me.
I am 28 years old and smokes a lot. Me and my wife are trying for a baby. Her periods start on 2nd of every month. When is the best time frame for her to get pregnant? Is this smoking affecting our sex life. Please advice.
My wife is pregnant of two month. If having sex during pregnancy then any effect on the child, kindly suggest that pregnancy time should be sex or not.
I am 27 years old married man. My marriage has past over one year but still my wife is not conceiving. I have some problems with my sexual life which are as follow- 1. I can't stand for longer in bed within 2-3 minutes I get discharged. 2nd time my penis can't get its hardness and strength. It's directly impacting on my sexual relationship. 2. My sperm has become so much like watery. After ejaculation it comes out from her. What should I seem to it, that is the reason she is not conceiving? 3. Although, I used to masturbate before marriage for 3-4 times in a week. It went for a longer period. Please suggest me what should I do.
I have heavy bleeding. I get my periods irregularly. I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Can you please suggest an answer that helps me recover.
Hi After eating mifegest bleeding starts on second day. There is a heavy flow of bleeding which is of very black colour. Now I want to know that how many days will bleeding remain and also please tell me that how will bleeding come in very high flow or in medium flow. What will be good either heavy flow or normal flow. Thanx.
I am regularly having Sex with my boyfriend and I am having I-pill within 3 days. But lastly I had Sex with him on Thursday and I forgot to have I-pill on Saturday. But I have taken I-pill on Monday. What should I do. Please tell.
Let's all break the taboo against psychiatry and accept it as any other field of Medicine. Let's all join and raise awareness and spread the message "Dignity in mental health" and treat people suffering from such illness with respect.
Join hands, help break the taboo.
Let me clear some common misconceptions we have about psychiatry today:
- People suffering from mental illness are not "mentally disturbed" there are different kinds of problems and we should stop labelling them.
- Psychiatric medications are NOT addictive!
- You are "NOT WEAK" if you seek help of psychiatrist. In fact you are mentally strong and mature enough to understand you have a problem and will do what is right to solve it rather than running away from and issue
- Illness is not under patients control it is not all In their head!
- Hypertension and diabetes are all long term illnesses we take medications for that them, then why not for depression and other psychiatric illnesses?
- This is just an imbalance of neurochemicals, just treat it and lead a peaceful life.
- Psychiatric illnesses are treatable.
Hope this helps and clears some doubts lingering in our minds.
Hi I am 33 years old, 6 months before I got married still my wife is not pregnant, I have to confirm, whether is any problem from my end, how to find in home itself, is any home remedies. Please advise.
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits, such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore, more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.
Every shape is pretty until it stays in shape. Take a healthy diet to stay in perfect shape n to live a healthy life.