Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. Sarojamma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B. SarojammaYour feedback matters!
She is very good doctor,very much approachable,l was able to tell all my problems to her
Hello doctor. I need serious advice from you. Please help. Actually, I and my bf are virgins like we have a dry sex once in a month but this time we tried something above it like we just thought of trying out a condom for fun. We didn't have an intention of intercourse but just a little touch. And we did it the same way like just a touch. My bf is sure about himself like no discharge from his side and I am sure about myself that I am a virgin. But we did all this exactly 10 days before my last period's date. I had last period on 17 July & we met on 6th Aug and today is 17th and I did not get my period. Just tell is there any chance of pregnancy?
Can ayurvedic medicine completely cure ovarian cyst with fibroid cyst size is 5.1×5.5 cm age is 48. If yes please tell me I will consult you and I should buy your package. Thank you.
1. My wife period starting date is 11th so please confirm when we do sex so she can pregnant. Would you please explain process. 2. I have another question that I mostly time sex using condom so when I open my penis then still joint is there so would you confirm if I do sex without condom then will it break?
I am 21 years old and under the treatment of pcos. I used to take dronis20 since february18. I used to have regular periods and the flow is heavy. This month I had periods on 10th of June and the flow is mild and continued for 4-5 days. I had sex on 21st, 24th,26th of June and 1st of July. Again I started bleeding on 25th of June and this time the flow is too mild and the period is continuing for more than 5 days. Is there any chance of pregnancy? What's the cause behind this? Please help me with a relevant answer.
Hello I have had sex twice in a month nd undergone I-pill twice as well. And both the times, after taking pill I got bleeding. How long would my periods be delayed now as I am due for periods on 9 Feb. Thanks.
Hello dr, I am 41 trying to conceive since 4 yrs. My egg reserve is low. Have 7 freeze eggs which will be transfered next month. If that does not click I hv decided to go for donor eggs. Will my child resemble me if I go for egg donation?
Drug addiction is an addiction of a very severe kind. This causes the sufferer i.e. the drug addict to seek and use drugs compulsively despite the destructive consequences to themselves and those around them. This is known as a chronic brain disease because of the functional and structural changes it causes in the brain. It is the overpowering dependence on illegal or legal medications and drugs. One cannot quit taking drugs just by strong will or good intentions. Ayurveda's holistic method combines exercises, meditation, and herbal medicines to cure addiction towards drugs.
- Panchakarma Therapies-Only an ayurvedic expert should perform the panchakarma therapies and rituals on you. It promotes cleanliness and helps in detoxifying the body. These therapies are done using various herbs and oils in accordance with the ancient traditions to eliminate negative conditions.
- Virechana-It is the most useful Panchakarma therapy to treat addiction. Virechana is known to cleanse the gastro-intestinal tract and purify the blood of toxins of a period of a few days. It helps decontaminate your spleen, stomach, liver, kidneys, colon, intestines and sweat glands through varied herbs and laxatives such as castor oil, mango juice, raisins, cow's milk, psyllium seeds, flaxseed husk, prune and senna.
- Rasayana therapies-Rasayana therapy is another very useful Ayurvedic treatment for treating drug abuse and addiction. It is based upon the transmutation and conservation of energy to improve the mental as well as physical characteristics in order to increase your body's natural metabolic processes while enhancing your immune system and brain function. Rasayana therapy consists of intricate face, head and full body massages which are combined with medicated creams and herb oils. This therapy is also useful to remove artificial aging which occurs due to prolonged drug abuse.
- Yoga-The chaotic chemicals are known to wreak havoc on the drug addict's brain during the process of recovery. Resorting to exercise or yoga will help generate extra endorphins which are very helpful for clarity. To recover from drug addiction, you must join a structured yoga class along with other ayurvedic therapies. Yoga is beneficial since it stimulates every part of your body without applying too much stress on any one part. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD), also known as polycystic ovary syndrome, is a common hormonal disorder, which occurs in women of reproductive age between 18 and 44 years. Patients with PCOD are seen to have multiple cysts in the ovary. These cysts cause excessive production of hormones called androgens by the ovaries and the adrenal glands. Androgens are the male hormones. They are present in small quantities in healthy females. Due to androgen overproduction, the ovarian follicles fail to mature and can cause a disturbance in menstrual periods.
- Few, irregular, or absent menstrual periods
- Hirsutism (excessive hair growth) and androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) due to elevated androgens (testosterone)
- Acne associated with oily skin
- Mood swings, bloating
- Lack of ovulation causing infertility
Role of Homeopathy in PCOD
Compared with other alternative medical therapies, homeopathy has shown better efficacy in the management of PCOD. Homeopathic treatment of PCOD involves analysis of the chief complaints, evaluation of the root cause, and provision of homeopathic medicines, which help the therapeutic process. Homeopathy believes that chronic diseases, such as PCOD, are not precipitated by an external cause. In fact, such diseases manifest when the immunity or internal vitality of the body is deranged, thereby making it difficult for the body to heal itself. Homeopathy tries to restore the vitality of the body by the provision of a stimulus in the form of a small dose. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the body can nurse itself back to health without any external aid. However, along with the homeopathic medicine, patients also need to maintain their diet, do regular exercise, and sleep well.
The homeopathic approach toward the management of PCOD is holistic and individualistic, which takes into account the patient’s physical symptoms along with the mental and genetic makeup. Rapid progression of the disease can be halted with homeopathy, thereby evoking a feeling of general wellbeing. The homeopathic constitutional treatment is seen to reduce the hyperactivity of the glands, regulate the hormonal imbalance, and dissolve the cysts in the ovaries. Thus, homeopathy helps in the regularization of the menstrual cycle, which eliminates the need for hormone therapies and surgery, thereby increasing the chances of conception. Homeopathic medicines are safe and have no known side effects. Homeopathy does not target the cysts caused by PCOD, but the actual cause which is responsible for triggering the hormonal imbalance. Thus, homeopathy is an individualistic and holistic branch of medicine with good results in cases of PCOD. Natrum Mur, Pulsatilla, and Sepia are few of the known effective medications for PCOD in homeopathy.
Why do miscarriages occur?
For a mother, a miscarriage is the last thing she would want to hear. It can pin her down psychologically, leading to trauma and stress in unfathomable measures. To understand miscarriage better: it is a condition wherein there is a loss of pregnancy within the first 22 weeks of getting pregnant. The primary symptom of a miscarriage is bleeding from the vagina. So if you experience vaginal bleeding during this phase, then consult a doctor for further guidance.
Why do they occur?
There are many reasons as to why a miscarriage may occur and no study has been able to put a finger on any one specific cause. Having said that, miscarriages are mainly caused due to the presence of unusual chromosomes in the baby. Chromosomes are genetic material that directs the growth and development of a baby. Chromosomes present in either excess numbers or less can hinder the development of the baby. If the miscarriage occurs during the second trimester (14th to 26th week), then it can be accrued to a health anomaly in the mother. A miscarriage may also occur because of a weak cervix as a weak cervix will not be able to hold a pregnancy. This condition is called cervical insufficiency and occurs when the woman is in her second trimester.
Is it possible to prevent them?
In most cases, miscarriages cannot be prevented. For women who have suffered multiple miscarriages, multiple medications might be required to help with their subsequent pregnancies. Following a healthy lifestyle is recommended as it can minimize the risk of a miscarriage. One must abstain from smoking and substance abuse and limit consumption of alcohol in order to keep the body in optimal condition. It is advised to maintain optimal weight levels and eat a well-balanced diet.
A miscarriage is a very traumatic experience for a mother to be; it can be emotionally debilitating. That is the reason counseling can help in times such as these. Start planning for a baby only once the symptoms have subsided and you have also had a period post the miscarriage. It is important to make sure that you are physically and emotionally ready to have a baby. Remember, a miscarriage doesn’t mean the end of the world. One can enjoy a fully healthy and a successful pregnancy even after a miscarriage. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!