Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Hello I am 21 year old. I have pain in knee joint and some sound come from knee joint (sound like kt kt kt) so can I take calcium + multivitamin. Is there any side effect?
Hi ,My father is 71 years old. He is having knee pain for the last 2-3 years .The doctors have advised knee joint replacement. Can you suggest us a good doctor and hospital where it can be done. We want the best possible treatment outside Guwahati.
I am suffering from pcod disease. what should i do ? and is there any problem to get pregnant in future?
Does drinking haldi milk also help in cough and cold? Also please tell how to prepare haldi milk. Can we use haldi powder available in stores, or do we have to use raw haldi?
I am 30 years old man. I have black spot in my face since long time. I have tryed lots of things but didn't get any result so olz suggest me good way to clear that marks.
Hello sir I have permanent tattoo and I want remove it all, which I have right hand left hand and right leg please help me..
My name is Balakrishna and am 20 years old, my weight is 43 KGS. So I want to gain weight of 15 kgs. So please give a suggestion.
I am 22 years female and its about excessive hair growth on face even after I have gone for 5 laser hair removal sittings but results are not upto th e mark. I have gone with ultrasound nnad many other checkups.
Factors increasing absorption of calcium:
1. Vitamin d: vitamin d works in the digestive tract to absorb calcium into the blood stream from the walls of the duodenum. Vitamin d also helps maintain normal blood calcium level.
2. Parathyroid hormone: it increases calcium transport across the membrane of intestinal cells.
3. Acid environment: hydrochloric acid secreted in the stomach during the process of digestion is required for the absorption of calcium in the duodenum. Calcium supplements could be taken with magnesium at bedtime or between meals due to the acid environment needed in the stomach to assimilate the calcium. Always consult a physician before beginning a new supplement regimen.
4. Milk lactose: it favors absorption in infants. Lactose is acted upon by intestinal microbial flora to form acid which causes lowering of ph which makes calcium more soluble.
5. Amino acids: supplemental calcium is often chelated, or combined with protein molecules called amino acids, to help the body absorb them during digestion. Lysine and arginine increase calcium absorption.
6. Exercise: exercise along with vitamin d intake helps calcium absorption thereby making bones strong.
Factors decreasing absorption of calcium:
1. Oxalic acid& phytic acid: foods that are high in oxalic acid such as spinach, chard and chocolate, reduce calcium absorption. Oxalic acid binds with the calcium to form a salt crystal, calcium oxalate which cannot be absorbed. Phytic acid, which is found in whole-grain foods and high-fibre foods, effects calcium absorption the same way.
2. Phosphorus: too much phosphorus in the diet causes precipitation of calcium in the form of calcium phosphate.
3. Stress: stress can have a negative effect on hcl production in the stomach and on normal digestive behaviour in the body, and can therefore have a negative effect on calcium absorption.
4. Caffeine, drugs like anticoagulants, cortisone and thyroxine reduce calcium absorption.
5. Lack of exercise and vitamin d deficiency leads to decrease calcium absorption.
I have a curly hair and I don't like my hair. Someone say that shaved your hair and after that your hair will become more straight. Plizz tell me this is true or not. And if this is not the best way to solve my problem please tell me how to straightened my hair with easy home remedies.
One of our most important physical attributes is definitely the hair. This is why we spend a lot of money and time on different treatments to make our hair more beautiful. However, if you're tired of spending too much money on hair products and treatments, there is a more alternative approach to this matter
One of the main problems with the hair is its loss. Hair loss can be a consequence of stress, hormonal changes, etc. Moreover, newest studies show that food plays a major role in the hair loss process. That is, a person who leads a poor diet can experience excessive hair loss due to lack of nutrients. Adults have between 100000 and 150000 hairs which grow and fall continuously for a cycle, known as hair cycle.
According to experts, the average daily shedding of hairs is 60 to 100 hairs. Everything that surpasses this number is a cause for concern.
Hence, the natural remedy presented below will help you grow your hair really quick, without having to spend too much. Avoid the over-the-counter products against hair loss which come with dangerous side effects and, what's more, not everyone is able to afford them. Instead, follow this recipe and prepare your own, 100% effective remedy against hair loss:
Half a banana
One egg yolk
A tbsp of organic honey
Half a glass of beer