Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B. Ravi ChanderYour feedback matters!
My baby is 10 months old. She is active. Though she is getting mother's milk kindly suggest me some solid food. Which has nutrition.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
My two years old child is very small, and appears to be underweight for his age. What could be the cause, as I look after him very well?
Hello Doctor, my daughter is 5 and half months old, on 19th she will start her 6th month. My baby is suffering from loose motion and vomiting. When ever she drinks milk she starts motion and after finishing her milk she starts vomiting like curd. Medicine which I give her for vomiting and loose motion are ONDEM, oral solution and VIZYLAC, dry powder. We give our baby cows milk. She becomes well for a while and again starts motion. What to do doctor, is there any best home remedy. Please reply.
What is the reason behind that a baby below six month should be fed with breast milk only for the first six months before given proper food to him/her.
My daughter is 8 years old and her weight is 14. What to do to put up her weight. She does not eat properly.
My 1 year old son's right eye is red and swollen for 3 days now. Giving him tobra d and ciplox. No improvement. Please advise.?
My Children is suffering from Cough frequently her age is 2.5 year and another 4 years can you suggest what to do?
My one month old baby boy cries a lot throughout the day and sleeps well in nights. His weight gain is normal and looks active. Giving breast feed as well as formula. May I know why cries so much and how can I sooth him.
6 month baby has mouth ulcer. I apply a gel in mouth choline salicylic & lignocain she feels good but after 2 days same problem any other treatment please.
Hallo Doctor. I have a baby boy 4 months old. He was born with a Secondary Cleft Palate which has been advised to be operated by a Cosmetic Surgeon. I want to know where should I get the best treatment in India? I also want to know what is the proper age to have the surgery? Please help. Thank you.
My baby is breastfeeding. At the time of birth he was only 3.3 kg. After passing 45 days, he is now 4.0 kg. After getting two different lab reports of his stool there is no occult blood seen and thus doctor said there is no blood in his stool. But we see there is some little drops of blood in his stool when he passes every time.
My 8 years old son have some speech problem. For the past few month, while speaking he stammers. Initially it was less but now I'm feeling it increasing more. It can be cured or not. Give some suggestion for speedy recovery.
I am a boy with 16 years Tell me about that ejaculation is good for me or not And is affect my health and my weight.
Dear sir my 5 month old daughter injected two injections 3 weeks ago teeka on both legs but one leg have clot at injected veins. No pain without press at clot. Is thrombofol beneficial or any other home solution or medicine.
In the day and age where technology turns your child into a couch potato, introducing fitness into his/her life can be a real challenge. These trends have slowly given rise to obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure in children- diseases that they were never touched by. So it is very important to introduce fitness into your child’s life, now more than ever.
1. Get involved: It is known that children learn more by example than by instruction. Do fun activities yourself like swimming, playing basketball, going on long walks and take your child along with you. Start small, by doing this at least once a week, and then increase gradually. Not only will this encourage your child to be more fit, it will also create a deeper bond between the two of you.
2. Introduce fun activities: Structured activities such as a sport are great ways of introducing your child to fitness. Enrol your child for some routine sport classes, particularly team sport. This way your child learns essential values such as team spirit, fair play, competition and practice. Plus, it’s a great way to stay in shape.
3. Make exercising fashionable: Children these days are fond of doing things that are ‘in’. Some may want to swing the bat like Dhoni, while others may be more interested in learning Hrithik Roshan’s dance moves. Let your child decide what he wants do according to his style. Celebrity examples can act as motivation.
4. Use fitness as a reward: If you just force your child to go out and play, then chances are you’d be giving rise to resentment and resistance. Don’t use exercise as punishment, make it a reward instead. For instance, treat your child to a break from homework by encouraging him to play ball for half an hour. This strategy might make him/her enjoy the physical activity to the fullest.
5. Let your child take charge: Allow your child to decide what he wants to do in the hours after school rather than you deciding it for him/her. He may decide to cycle, go on a hike, and go for a long run. Letting him/her decide, give away the control over the situation to make him/her more inclined to follow a routine. For younger children it is best for you rationalize their choices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.