Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.R.MadhukarYour feedback matters!
Recently most of us were shaken by the death of the well-known television actress, Pratyusha Banerjee. Her sudden death has brought to light the very common yet under-addressed problem - Depression - that a number of youths are living with.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Although cases of depression can vary from an individual to the other, there are signs that one can look out for, to identify a depressed person:
- Low mood most of the time of day along with frequent crying spells
- Feeling of unworthiness and low self-respect are very common in a depressed person. Due to these feelings, the affected person may become very critical and disapproving about himself or herself.
- Lack of enjoyment and loss of interest in a depressed person makes them no longer derive pleasure from things that once gave him or her happiness.
- Exhaustion and insomnia are signs that one should look out for in a depressed individual. These are usually due to changes in sleep patterns, from sleeping a lot because of feelings of constant fatigue or due to instances of wakefulness.
- From indulging in comfort eating to losing the will to eat, predominantly loss of appetite characterizes a depressed person.
- Difficulty in recalling details and tendency to over generalize as also problem-solving issues can point to the presence of depression
- Unexplained bodily pains and aches are another characteristics of the condition.
What are the different types of depression?
Regarding the different forms of this mental health issue, it comes in several forms along with their distinct symptoms, effects, and causes. These are:
- Major depression
- Recurrent depressive disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Bipolar disorder
How can it affect your life?
More than 90% people who commit suicide suffer from some form of psychiatric illness and depression is the most common reason. The despair that usually accompanies depression makes the thought of taking one's life as the only means available to escape the pain. In addition to suicidal thoughts, it can also affect one's functioning in day to day life if help is not sought in time.
Depression is as curable as any other illness. Both medical management and psychotherapy are helpful in treatment. Type of treatment depends on patient's condition, the severity of illness as well as availability. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
She gets angry very much on small issues and beats her children and me to outburst her emotions how to control her anger.
Sleep disorder. After 5-6 hr sleep I will wake up with urge urine at any time slept. Once I wake up won't get sleep again. Due to this not able to concentrate on things properly. Don't know what happened to me from a year. Pls address the issue.
When I study and I move forward I don't remember which I study a second before. What I do to get good concentration and retention power. Please suggest some medicine or exercise. Which will helpful for me.
My douther facing epilepsy problem from 1 year old. Now she is 13 year old. Now epilepsy problem not repeat but she IQ back. Now she is in seventh class but is not clearly study in third class. She facing problem in study. Pl. Suggest how to improve IQ.
I am 20 years old. When I am sad. I am getting severe pain in heart. I can't bear this pain. I feel lonely because of my love issues. I am not able to become mentally strong. How to stop this severe pain.
Sir/mam I am suffering from cold and fever from few days. Body pain is also. Can you suggest me some suggestion please.
I'm 25 years old and I'm not able to control my sexual desires and my mind only thinks of sex always and from this I'm masturbating twice or thrice a day. Is there will be any problem from this? Please suggest and even my partner (Girl Friend) doesn't like sex @ all and always we fight for this matter and even she has cyst in the ovaries and her health is not that good. I seriously don't wanna hurt her and give her more pain due to my sexual desires. Please suggest only you can help us out.
Hello sir, I am very silent person, I don't talk to anybody. I do not have any psychological problems, but still I always remain silent. I wanted to be more talkative please suggest me any tablet that will make me active & talkative.
A friend of mine having lost in business (bankruptcy) due to been cheated by someone very close and confidant and has now lost interest in doing and/or attending work. He has confined to himself and has withdrawn himself from all social commitments too. He does not feel like attending to anything.
I went in for love marriage against my family and now things are not working fine. What should I do?
I am suffering with this anxiety disorder. I can't sleep properly and I don't have adequate sleep everyday, my stomach always troubles me like bloating or stomach upset. My hands shiver when I feel excited. Present i'm using EZEEPAM plus tablets. Suggested by the doctor gastranologist. Can I get rid of this problem?
After coming to college, I feel nothing is good anymore. I feel depressed, I can't even sleep at night. I keep thinking whole day but what I think I don't remember.. I m preferring to stay alone. What shall I do?
I am in love with my friend. But he do not love me. I want to stay with him but didn't. So I decided to left him. Now I am living so far from him. But now-a-days I am not feeling well. I wake up in the morning after that I go daily for a morning walk I spends time with my other friends, I keep myself too much busy, I tried too much time to forget him. But at night my mind repeats his name again & again and after that I started weeping for some times & then I sleep. Again in the morning my mind reminds his name. I just want to forget him What should I do. Please help me. I am really depressed with this situation.
Discussions and consideration of ailments begin and end with those which pertain to the physical health of an individual. Matters of the body are inevitably prioritized over the matters of the mind. However it goes without saying that your overall well-being is as much dependent on your mental health as it is on physical health. However, there are few simple measures which can be undertaken to beat the depression blues.
- Exercise: What works for the body may also work for the mind and exercise is a leading example of that. It is recommended that every day you set aside at least some time for exercising. It will not only benefit your physical constitution, but will also keep your thoughts away from the issues which are tormenting you in the first place.
- Converse: It is a given that depression alienates people, drowns them in solitude. However, seclusion is merely a temporary refuge, one that can hardly benefit you in the long run. Hard as it may be, try talking to people and engage in conversations with people. In the course of the conversation, try putting into words what exactly you are suffering from. Reaching out for an extended arm goes a long way in recuperating from this condition.
- Meditation: When you suffer from depression, you inevitably are, in the process, trying to grapple with plenty of tumultuous issues. It is imperative therefore that you find a way to calm your mind and there is no other way to do it than indulge in meditation.
- Find a confidante: When suffering from depression, it is crucial that you find yourself a confidante. It is important to talk to others but it is perhaps more important to find the right person. Irrespective of your relationship with him or her, by all means find a confidante in whom you can unflinchingly confide.
- Break monotony: Monotony not only triggers depression but in most cases, breeds it. It is important therefore than you break the monotony. If not a drastic change, go for small changes initially and try to change your daily routine as much as possible.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.