Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. Pradeep Kumar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B. Pradeep KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 33 years old female and facing continuous weight problem. I am following proper diet but still my weight is not reducing. I am 5'3 and 75 kg. My weight is increasing 1 kg a month. I have done my thyroid tests and blood test and everything came out normal.
I am a subclinical hypothyroid patient. Taking thyronorm 50 1 year ,I have done ft3, ft4,t3t4, tsh,tpo antibody, I didn't done ultrasound scanning, because nothing visible tumours not available in my neck, because of that my Doctor does not prescribed ultrasound .but I have breathing problem and slowly eating food, taking too much time to complete food, my friends insults me when eats food because of too late. No deep breath, not able to take speed breath. And not able to eat food speed. I feel something have in my chest near the neck, I think that my thyroid should be enlarged to chest. If my thyroid enlarged to my chest. If it is goiter. Can it treated with medication? Can it treated iodine supplement? Or it require surgery? Please tell how it can be treated? What types of treatment available? I fear to do surgery!
I am a 38 year old male. For the last one month I m feeling pain in the joints and backside of palms of both the hands. A little bit swelling on the backside of palm of left hand. Is this due to uric acid or something else. I am non-alcoholic and vegetarian.
I am 50 year old male having type 2 diabetes for last 5 years and taking Janumet 50/1000 twice daily and my Fasting sugar remains 120 and Pp less than 200 with Hba1c 6.6. Please suggest how can this level be bring down.
I am pre diabetic at 118 (fasting) 37 years. Will taking rice in limited quantities be a problem. Also regarding milk and veggies like potato, carrot, beetroot, radish, please let me know.
I have hypothyroid problem shall I drink cool water or not please suggest some food habits about it.
Diabetes is a gnawing problem that affects millions throughout the world. It is a disorder that if overlooked can lead to serious diseases; cardiovascular ailments, problems related to vision, kidney problems and many more. While medication tries to regulate your blood sugar levels, it is not always unfailing. Medication along with changes in your diet and lifestyle can still not improve your condition in certain cases. At times it is hard to increase the insulin production in a person's body even after administering medicines solely known for their efficacy. Such kind of diabetic patients can therefore benefit from a Bariatric surgery.
What is a Bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery doesn't refer to a single operative method. It involves a host of surgical procedures conducted on a person to rid him or her of obesity. Obesity in combination with diabetes can make a person's life miserable. The treatment of one can come in the way of curing the other. A diabetic patient who also suffers from obesity usually finds it hard to lose weight in spite of exercising or being on diet. Surgery comes to their rescue. This kind of surgery should be fallen back upon as the lender of last resort that is to say when other solutions have not helped. Bariatric surgery is always performed under skilled supervision. It might include reduction of the size of your stomach, removal of a portion of the stomach, or even gastric bypass surgery.
How does Bariatric surgery help reduce Diabetes?
Diabetes can be of three basic kinds;
- Type 1 diabetes in which the body produces no amount of insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes in which the body produces an insufficient amount of insulin
- Gestational diabetes that pregnant women tend to contract.
Bariatric surgery proves to be very advantageous for patients of Type 2 diabetes:
- Surgery lowers blood sugar levels considerably. Research shows people with acute diabetes made huge improvements after having undergone a Bariatric surgery. Their blood sugar levels dropped by a noticeable percentage and they felt healthier. Reduced blood sugar is an almost immediate effect in some while for others it does take some time.
- Bariatric surgery exercises a control over cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- The impressive benefits of this operation for a Type 2 diabetes patient are not superficial or temporary. If the patient adheres to the lifestyle prescribed by a doctor, takes medication regularly and follows the basics of post operative care he or she is likely to remain beyond the ambit of this metabolic disorder.
- It successfully takes care of ailments resulting from diabetes.
- Bariatric surgery can eliminate the need for medication or it can reduce the dosage of medicines you take.