Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.l Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 59. In 2012. She had mastectomy for her left breast. Her tumor size was 2*2*1.5. 15 lymph nodes were dissected. They were free of tumor. Her deep resection plane is also free of tumor. Her er n PR were positive n her was neg. She did not receive any radiation n chemo. Instead she was asked to have letrozole for 5 yrs. I want to know her prognosis.
Suffering from rectal prolapse problem from childhood. No pain and no bleeding, When I going toilet in that time only Coming, please give suggestions.
My complexion, particularly has become dark gradually since last 5 yrs. I am 45 years old male. I smoke but not a regular smoker.
Sir i'm using scarend ointment for skin acne scars. It is better or not for removable scars. How many days it will works?
I had dark circles below ma eyes. I wanna get rid of it. It makes me feel like like a old person. I wanna get rid of it and get rejuvenated.
I am 28 years female. I have a oily skin. May I use coconut oil for my head regularly. Or if I stop to put oil on my head is there any problem will arise?
I am 29 years old male, have skin rashes from last two days. Doctors have diagnosed it as acute urticaria .can you please suggest how serious it is? I was advised to take CARTIPRED-8 (twice a day, LORATOP (ONE PER DAY IN THE MORNING, HILERIN-25 (ONE PER DAY AT NIGHT. Please help to clearly understand the cause and severity of the disease.
A Simple Home Remedy for Shining our Facial Skin:-
Make the soaked Badam seeds a pasty form with the base of pure Milk without mixing water, And apply to the Face & also on the Neck, wait for a time of 15 to 30 minutes and then wash it away . Make this habit of doing weekly at least once, After minimum one month ,our Face will give a glittering shiningAny.Any age Male or Female can do this for Good shining of their FaceFor.For deatails can consult Prof Dr SudhakaraRao Vuppalapati.
I have been getting white spots on my neck after shave I have found them it is widely spreading and my beard is not growing properly on cheeks I mean fully I want my face to be fair ND natural without any blackspot and pimples and some times my body will get itching problem for some seconds I'll feel uncomfortable for some time so what should I do.
I have a skin entangled at my neck , Wat do I do . To understand better I want to send a photo but m not sure how do I do it.
I have some ring shaped patches on my face since 4-5 weeks. They look like dry patches but they do not go off. When I wash my face with soap dry white skin peeling is observed. I have attached a pic showing them: http://imgur.com/a/nw5K2. There are 2 images attached in the link and please reply what to do.
I am 21, my skin is dark but when I was little boy I had a much fairer skin Can I get that type of skin. At this age of a child skin.
Acne scars are not just embarrassing, but in some cases are painful as well. However, with these below mentioned derma treatments you can easily get rid of these scars.
- Derma rollers: Derma rollers are small rollers that contain dozens of needles 0.25 mm in diameter and up to 2 mm in length. They reach the papillary dermis of the skin (deeper than the lasers and peels). Derma roller rips the fibrous connections intergrown by scars and strongly stimulates the healing processes, that is, the collection of macrophage and growth factors. The results are visible six weeks after the treatment. They are especially suitable to people with darker complexion.
- Laser Treatment: A dermatologist is the best option if the acne scars don’t reduce or fade away with time. Collagen is one of the building blocks of your skin and is an essential protein. Fractionated laser is a new technology that can smooth the surface of your skin and promote new collagen formation. Laser treatment can obliterate the scar and help smooth skin to form in its place instead. Filler injections help fill any indentation resulting from deeper acne scars. The only drawback to this is that fillers need to be re done after every 6 months or so as it gets reabsorbed over time into the skin.
- Time heals all wounds: Patience is very important when you want to see scars fade away. Newly formed blood vessels, few weeks after the scar is formed, nourish the skin. Most scars in their early stages look pink for this reason. Collagen starts forming months later and fills in the injuries on the skin. Fat cells and skin are destroyed in cystic acne; so for the scars to vanish completely, it might take a year or more.
- Prevention Tips: The best preventive method for scar formation is not to squeeze pimple. Popping a pimple leads to deeper infiltration of bacteria and pus. This damages the collagen further. A common skin care myth is that Vitamin E helps scars in healing faster. Contrary to prior belief, direct application of Vitamin E on a scar might hinder the healing process instead of facilitating it.
- Use a sunscreen: Use a sunscreen with a high SPF over 30. The middle of the day is the worst time to step out in the sun. Reapply the sunscreen every two hours, if you sweat profusely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.