Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B.krishnamurthy ReddyYour feedback matters!
What are the reason for cancer? And what are the appearance of cancer. And what garlic little bit cure the cancer.
I am having few breast fibroid in my right breast approx 2 cm width ND few small swelling. So what can I do.
I am 25 years old . I want to know that doea coffee causes cancer? I am very fond of it and drink it 5 to 6 times a day. Some times 10 times a day. Please answer my question as soon as possible. Thank you.
Mere left breast me 10dino se pain hota hai press karne par matar ke dane ke equal gaanth feel hota hai.
I'm 18 year old boy. I had a CT scan recently. For my nasal polyp removal operation. I heard that one CT scan can expose radiation as 200 chest x-ray. Is it true ? Will it increase the possibility for cancer?
My dad is 79 years having enlarged prostrate 118 gm. Physical examination is clear. Urimax d is prescribed since 2 months. Having burning in urine please suggest. Thanks
He is suffering from skin cancer. He under gone surgery. But it was coming again and again the bubble. What is the best medicine to cure from home.
Is using FAIZA pakistani cream good or bad for skin? Will it cause skin cancer later? I want to become white skin. Which care should I take?
While massaging my body today I got something hard on the left on my breast. It's something like a lump, when I pressed it. I felt pain. Please tell me what is it? Is it something to worry about?
Helath Tips on Cancer Prevention:
Cancer prevention are the ‘actions’ taken to lower or limit the possibilities of getting cancer.
Many things in our lifestyle, genes and environment around us affect our risk of getting cancer.
Researchers are studying different ways to prevent cancer, which include the following:
Ways to avoid things/factors known to cause cancer
Changes in lifestyle and diet
Detecting precancerous conditions early
Medicines to treat a precancerous condition or to keep cancer from occurring
Keep Away from Carcinogens
Any substance or agent known to increase the probability of getting cancer is called a carcinogen. Some known and established carcinogens can be
Cigarette smoking or tobacco use in any form
Infections - Human papilloma virus, Hepatitis B & C viruses, Human T-cell leukaemia virus, Epstein-Barr virus, Kaposi sarcoma virus etc
Radiation - UV rays of sun, radon gas and man-made radiation such as X-rays
Car exhaust fumes
Asbestos, some chemicals found in paints
Ways of living and habits which may affect the risk incidence of cancer could be
Diet - Red and processed meat, food additives, salty & pickled foods
Alcohol - Over indulgence in alcoholic drinks
Physical Activity - Obesity due to physical inactivity and lethargy
Environmental Risk Factors
Go for Cancer Screening
Detecting the cancer in precancerous stage or in its early stages can lead to a much better prognosis of the disease due to effective treatment and management.
There are various kinds of screening tests.
Physical exam and history:
A visual examination of the whole body to check general health and disease, like any new growth or lumps. A medical history of patient’s present health status, past illnesses and treatments will also be noted.
Laboratory screening tests:
Samples of urine, tissue or other substances in the body are taken; like Pap smear for cervical cancer, a biopsy from an abnormal growth or stool test for occult blood in colon cancers.
Sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy for colon cancer
Screening procedures that take pictures of inside of the body like ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan or MRI.
Tests that look for gene mutations (changes) that could be linked to certain cancer. It is also known as gene testing or genome testing.
Explore Cancer Chemoprevention
Cancer chemoprevention is the use of natural or synthetic substances to reverse, suppress or prevent the development of cancer at the first place.
It is used by people who are at a higher risk of developing cancer, have a family history of cancer or those with a previous cancer.
Chemoprevention is not used to treat cancer but can lower the risk of cancer or slows down its development
My girlfriend has a lump on breast, this was like a big 1 Rupee coin, this is ok? I heard many people have that, also I hard that this is symptoms of breast cancer . What to do.
I am suffering from prostate b.p.h. P.s.a.is o.o9 nd prostate size is 36 c.c.nd difficult urination it takes around 10 mins for urine to pass. I am a sugar patient and my sugar levels are around 150 to 180 after meal please kindly suggest me the medication.
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.
My mother (Age 50) was a diabetic, adeno carcinoma stomach (since 1 year) with heart stent was placed 5 years ago. She has edema in her legs, ankle, thigh since 3 days. When we consulted regional cancer centre they have tested the blood. In blood test we have noticed that the albumin is 1.4 gm/dL and protein was 3.4 gm/dL. She is feeling heavy in her abdomen and we have gone for tapping and found that no fluid was coming out and still my mother was feeling heavy in her abdomen serum creatinine test was normal (1). She was using furosemide (water pill) but she was not getting urine frequently it was 500 mL to 1000 mL per day she can't eat anything she is feeling heavy. Doctor said that eat high protein food we are giving 3 eggs per day and milk with protein powder. What to do now? Please give me a suggestion.
My father at the age of 68 diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on august15. As some blood veins involved wibul not done. To remove the obstruction in deodanam bypass surgery done. 9 cycles of palliative chemo administered. Now past one month he suffering by fever. When we gave paracetamol fever raised 2 points then decreased. He taking 3 tablets daily.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.