Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. B. KapurYour feedback matters!
Autism is defined as a Neurobiological pervasive development disorder that includes lack of social skills and inability to reciprocate to social interactions. The patient may also have intellectual and cognitive deficits and problems in communication (verbal as well as non-verbal).
Ayurveda is the oldest study of medicine and has proved to be very effective when it comes to managing and treating those affected by autism. The earlier an autistic person resorts to Ayurveda, the more effective it is.
Ayurvedic drink recipe for treating the symptoms of autism: (should be taken daily)
- 1/3 cup of yogurt
- 3/4 cup of water
- Diluted Fresh Pomegranate Juice
Ayurveda in Curbing Aggression:
Autism includes heightened aggression and aversion from social interaction due to a neurological condition that impairs the functioning of the brain. Not all autistic patients are violent towards others, but may express their frustration by self-harm and emotional outbursts. One can curb these emotional outbursts by taking herbal supplements. An Ayurvedic herb called Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) which is known for its, anti-anxiety, neuroprotection and antioxidant properties can help considerably.
Regular massages using sandalwood, rose, lavender and gotu kola oils are also very calming and relieving, because it stimulates the blood flow and neuronal responses. Massage also helps in increasing eye contact and social relatedness, less stereotypical behavior and improved sleep.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Autism:
- Brahmi; Scientifically known as Bacopa monnieri, Brahmi is an important herb that delays the process of forgetting and improves memory. Not only does Brahmi improve memory, but also increases the grasping power, intellect and speech and also corrects the abnormality of emotions, personality and mood of an autistic individual. It also helps in performing complex tasks such as comprehension, reasoning and learning.
- Ashwagandha: Scientifically known as Withania somnifera, Ashwagandha has high affinity for gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors. Low GABA activity is related to cognitive impairment.
- Shankhapushpi: Scientifically known as Convolvulus pluricaulis, Shankhapushpi is very effective in improving learning and memory and is highly effective in treating insanity and epilepsy.
- Centella asiatica: This Ayurvedic herb is used as a medication for insanity, speech disorders and epilepsy, making it a very useful drug for treating autism.
Meri brain weak h mein Jo be padtha hun o jaldi bul jata hun tho mein kise memory ko improve kru how can I boost my memory.
I tried to quit smoking. And didn't smoke for 3 days. From that day am having headache and dizziness. Feeling like vomiting and sometimes vertigo also. After that I'm smoking half cigarettes whenever headache is severe, considering it as withdrawal symptom. Is there any other problem?
I can not remember the" NAME" of peoples which are new for me And also I just forgets the route (path) which I have visited 1 or 2 times.
Hello Sir, Drinking Beer/ Alcohol is danger or consuming soft drinks are danger? How will it affect the human body if we consume Beer/Alcohol? Is Alcohol good for body?
I am 55 years old man. Last few years I have lost interest in my work. I lost job 7 months back. Financially down and fear to go out and ask for job.
The stress of a modern lifestyle have taken a toll on the mental health of the population all over the world. Earlier, it was adults who were mostly affected by the problems of depression, anxiety and stress. However, with the passage of time, even children are also suffering from major mental health problems, the roots of which again are anxiety, stress and depression.
Reasons behind it
Be it adults or children, the major cause of health issues is stress. Stress doesn’t only cause mental health problems, but serious physiological disorders as well such as hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, sexual problems as well as other issues. If the anxiety or stress persists, it would then slowly develop into a pattern of the mind and then become conditioned, thus leading to depression. Nowadays, children are also being afflicted by depression. Similar to adults, depression in children is caused due to any combination of factors that are related to life events, physical health, family history, genetic vulnerability, environment and biochemical disturbance. It should be noted that depression is not just a passing phase. The symptoms are often left undiagnosed as well as untreated. This is because they are passed off as normal psychological and emotional changes that occur naturally during growth.
Some of the typical symptoms are:
1. Loss of interest in pleasurable activities such as hobbies or crafts which were pursued earlier eagerly
2. Loss of concentration
3. Sudden outbursts
4. Sleeping too much or sleeping too little, suddenly waking up early in the morning
5. Constant fatigue, decreased energy and being slower than usual at tasks
6. Excessively low appetite or increased appetite which would thus result in weight loss or binge eating resulting in weight gain
7. The development of physiological disorders which may stop responding to treatment. Many children develop headaches or digestion problems which aren’t resolved by medication.
8. Always sad or irritable or in a depressed mood
9. May find it difficult to sleep or concentrate on work and thus, studies and grades may suffer
10. Extreme and sudden mood changes accompanied by incessant crying
11. Suicidal thoughts
12. Loss of energy as well as lowered self esteem
With children, you have to be extra careful not to ill-diagnose the problems and if they persist for more than a few weeks, you should seek professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.