Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. B.k.madukarYour feedback matters!
I have a short term memory how can be I normal. I am a student doing PG and im facing a big problem.
Hi my friend is 19 years old (f) she is in depression mode since childhood because she does not have parents in there life and few days ago her nani pass by she too depressed now please give me some tips to make her smile in her face I can not see her cry everyday all night she cries please help me Give some tips depression sae bahar kaeaae aae. Pls I beg you do not ignore it.
How long my lumbar strain will be cured? I am taking painkiller and antiinflamatory medicine and antidepressant. I feel sometimes its getting cured but when I start walking or sitting then I start feeling uncomfortable. What to do?
I am 23 year old. Actually my problem is I get too nervous for anything. I tries no to be. Bt its natural. N I was to reduce this nature. So can you please help me in this. your regards.
My 8 years old daughter has been diagnosed as a celiac patient at the age of 2 and since then she is on gluten free diet. Is there any other treatment apart from gluten free diet in her case. she is developing ok physically but her mental health is not as per her age. Are the two inter-related? please advice the course of treatment.
Hello, I am heaving some problem with my health . Now days my mind is not stable every time get irritated became short temper .
My aunt is of 49 years old, her ht is 5'3 and weight around 70. She wanted to know how to cure fibroid without operation? Her report: uterus is Anteverted bulky measuring 105x68x70 mm ET=4.4 mm EE complex is pushed back two hypothetical masses measuring 44x34 and 28x18 mm have seen in interior wall of upper part of uterus Another small hypothetical mass 19. 6x18.7 mm is also seen. She has heavy bleeding during periods and body aches daily What is exactly it means and cure?
I have anxiety problem Dr. Suggested me nexito 10. Tab. Now I have discontinued the treatment. But I am still taking nexito tab. Can I continue it for long period?
I am 25 year old and my weight not growing above 13 year and I am very depress about my weight please tell me great nights and medicines who can help me to grow my weight and always I have good (more) food.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.