Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. B.k.madukarYour feedback matters!
Actually I am used to feel anxious, I am taking antidepressants and anti anxiety drugs, but panic attack ruining me daily, my hair is falling,i am taking zolpidem, etidon, dothepin. peroxentine.
I have a complaints of depression 2 episodes at interval of 8 years. 1st episode I am came out. Now I was ones again depression since 2 years. I am now get anxiety. I am mania. Irrelevant talking in anywhere on road, hospital, home, etc. And also get my Blood Pressure was rising recently. I am taking Amlovas 5 mg along with antidepressant medicines. I went to Psychiatrist recently, He starts treatment But results was not there. I took medicines action start ,symptom subsides but medicines either stop or action was over symptom regain appears simultaneously .So Doctor what you will be suggest for treatment to get rid of my Problems and later hopefully I live happy life in future? Reply immediately from this query.
I can't sleep at night. Only inthe morning can take light sleep for an hour. I make lists of work and plan the activities to be done but cannot implement on it after repeated try or hardly can implement one of them. Before three months at one night I cannot able to breathe and very troubled. So many tensions are in mind. Continually thinking about it. My wife is not with me. I pursued to her but she is not listening. I am missing my little son of one year because of her behaviour. My boss not giving me salary of fice months. Thinking to do some what better, Plan it but cannot implement it. Cannot sleep at night. I want very cool sleep at night so that I can wake up next day with huge power to implement my works that I hv planned. Please suggest suitable remedies or medicines to overcome the problem.
I am 22 yrs old female. I had a love who was already married when I was 16 yrs old. The man even loved me & shared the same kind of emotion with me one night, but then he went out of it. I still love him & recently contacted him to inform about my success. I am once again shattered in those old feelings. What should I do?
I am 46 years old, qualified engineer lost my job because of my egoistic behaviour. I am now feeling depressed and can not forget that incidence which gave me huge financial loss. I am having breathing difficulty and chest pain but when I do exercise I feel better and not depressed. Please advise what I should do to cure completely? Once I took doctor advise and took anti depressant medicine. But I do not get complete cure. Please advise if I can get complete cure, my memory also became weak, can I regain my memory?
I am 22 years old male. I am smoking since last one year. How can I get to know that how much my lungs are affected. And what should I do to make myself fit and healthy once again?
He can't concentrate in studies, in past he had done some mistake which did not hurt anyone but he always blame himself and feels bad, which always make him feel guilty and make him worry and new negative thoughts always haunt him and he also can't concentrate in studies and remain depressed! He try to focus in studies then sometime he focus, but suddenly those thoughts strike his mind then he again become depressed and feels like he is very bad and all!
My daughter is 8 year old and good at studies and quite bright child. The problem is with her EQ. She usually has her opinion on everything and will make sure that it is been followed. She does not follow what we say at once usually. Sometimes in front of others, when she does something which we have told her not to do, it causes stress and anger in us. She wants us to give her complete attention all the time, which can not happen all the time. (incase of guests etc) during such times she demands for the tv. Which if I do not give. She starts irritating me. And after that she get the avoiding she gets into denial mode. So whatever is been told to do she will say no for it. How should I handle it?
I am losing body etiquette easily after being a diabetic patient. I am aware of some evil who is now doing a guardian job besides my bed. I am also been affected by jealousy anf evil eye clutches have drowned me against my willside conditions. My father is also affected by the evils.
Hi Doctor I am feeling very depressed and stressed because of it i am facing body pain. What should I do ?
Mood swings right after the birth of a baby are quite common. Though these are the least severe variants of post-partum depression, it is crucial not to ignore the changes that are taking place in your body. Most women feel perplexed about what they can do to combat the sadness that has taken over after a joyous and happy event of welcoming a new bundle of joy into the family. About 70 to 80% of new mothers go through some kind of negative feelings and sudden bouts of depression and sadness after the birth of a child.
Symptoms of baby blues
Often, the symptoms of baby blues hit forcibly within four to five days of childbirth, though in some cases they can occur even earlier, depending on how the birthing process went. Some of the most common symptoms of post-partum anxiety include impatience and irritability, sudden urge for weeping, restlessness, fatigue and stress and a lack of concentration along with mood changes and insomnia, even when the baby is fast asleep.
How to combat the symptoms
You will be able to deal with this post-partum phase by taking a good care of yourself. You can take several measure to make yourself feel at ease, particularly when you are faced with the worst bouts of baby blues. You can speak with someone you trust regarding how you feel and what you feel like doing. It is crucial to maintain a well regulated diet, and though this is always important, having a baby increases the probability of causing mood swings.
You can also maintain a journal to note down your feelings and emotions, as it helps in venting out negative thoughts. You can go outside and enjoy some fresh air and enjoy the life that exists beyond your new routine of feeding, changing diapers and caring for the newborn. Sometimes, being exposed to a different view can make a great difference. You should not pressurise yourself for achieving perfection for the first few weeks. Slowly, things would fall in place and before you know it, you will have adjusted yourself to the new routine.
It is crucial to bear in mind that you are not alone with your thoughts and feelings as these things are faced by mothers across the world. But it is vital to note here that if your indications don’t seem to subside even after a few weeks, it can be a sign of a more serious health issue and you may need to be diagnosed by an expert.
I am 16 years male and I am suffering from psychosis where my symptoms are like loss of feelings ,lack of thoughts, imagination,interest, concentration ,lack of focus. I am taking medication for 1 year and but no response .I am thinking to take ect treatment or should I take tms treatment .for psychosis is it correct to have ect or tms please say me?
In today life, every person is victim of depression. However depration remains for a smoller period of time, it can become dangerously risky.
If a person is suffering from depression, his or her day to day activities are significantly hamperd.
We can say depression is a type of emotion poisonous for day to day life. It is created through a biological process and found to be double in woman campared to man.
Signs and symptoms:
01- Reduction in sleep.
02- Exaggerated tentions for forthcoming incidents. Eg, contractual job holders.
03- Imagination of dangeorous fate.
04- Guilt and feeling of self destruction.
05- Tiredness, felling helplessness, alone,
06- Loss of desires, low feeling.
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol, suger and dairy products.
- Spend time with friends and try to be happy atmosphere.
Hi I am 21 yeras old. I am addicted to Tobacco for past 4 years. I have started suffering memory loss from around 1 year. I forget recent things and unaware of things going on in surroundings. So Sir please help me.
I can't concentrate my study. My exam is coming soon. I am stressful. How can I concentrate? Please give me advice quickly.
She is 54 yes old. She is used to talk about her past. Some time behave very calm and some time very aggressive. The time of aggressive behavior she never bother about anyone. She start blaming to her husband and daughters. She used to talk alone. please suggest what to do.
In tension or under any circumstances, I tend to forget few things, I am not able to maintain my memory power. U can say I am very enthusiastic. Emotions have very bad effect on my memory, I get carried away by emotions quickly. So please suggest m how to improve my memory, I take stress easily, you can c it on my face. Sometimes it becomes difficult to manage, even the smallest task to handle. I am 23 male, working as a private employee, because of this condition, it is effecting my scores, and questions are being raised, if I can perform well in THE future or not. So please advise me in HOW to improve my memory power.
The risks and harms of smoking are pretty much common knowledge to most people. Especially when the pack of cigarettes practically screams it out to you in bold letters. Yet, as statistics would say, smoking in young adults has been on the rise in the recent years. What makes them take this step? Maybe it is peer pressure, or maybe they do it for the thrill of it. Every country takes a great initiative in educating their population, yet some fail to understand the complexity of the situation.
Here are some of the reasons that will tell you that even a single puff of the deadly tobacco can severely harm your health and general well-being
- Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of cancer. It can cause cancer in most organs of the body. Smoking cigarettes can cause the following
- Nose cancer
- Throat cancer
- Larynx cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Liver cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Cervical cancer etc.
- Smokers are more prone to respiratory diseases because smoking is capable of compromising the immune system of the body.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis are more likely to occur in smokers as their immune system is compromised by smoking.
- Smoking has been linked to diabetes type 2. This type of diabetes develops during adulthood. The more cigarettes a person smokes, the more likely is the person to develop this disease.
- Smoking puts you at risk of developing several heart diseases such as angina, heart attacks, etc. because the nicotine in the body results in the lowering of good cholesterol. This causes deposition of bad cholesterol in the arteries.
- Tobacco can cause tooth decay and several other oral problems such as gingivitis and other problems of the gum.
- Cigarettes constrict your blood vessels. This constant narrowing of blood vessels can cause erectile dysfunction in men and leads to the infertility in both men and women. It also makes them difficult to achieve orgasms.
- You might find yourself craving for cigarettes when you’re stressed out. This is because the effect of nicotine in the cigarettes is lowered by the hormone produced during a stressful situation, i.e. cortisone.
- Nicotine that causes momentary central nervous system stimulation can cause addiction and dependence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.