Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. B.k.madukarYour feedback matters!
Actually I had chicken pox 2weeks back and now its has cured. But my bro got attacked by it. And iam staying near to him from 3days. And today morning I saw some pimples like chicken pox on my face again. Now iam feared that will it attack again. So please say will attack again if so will it again lasts for 10days.
I am depressed and all I want to do is sleep, I was prescribed amitriptyline but will it help? How can I stop food cravings with Lexapro? If I drink alcohol will Fluoxetine still work?
I have injection phobia from my childhood. I want to come out of it. I am ready to do any thing. is there anything for me.?
I am a CA student so I am busy all the day. and I am not able to concentrate on my health. I have gained a lot of weight these days. So can you suggest me a proper meal or any specific diet which will help me in losing my weight as well as which does not effect my concentration power. As I have heard from my friend that dieting makes concentration power low. So can you help me out in this?
Hello, I am 28 years old, I wish to ask that I consume alcohol daily, don't know exactly the period, may be from last 5 years. The amount of alcohol that I consume these days is more than 200 ml which is more than a quarter (180 ml) some times it exceeds to 300-400 ml too. Please tell me the detailed effects of it. And also how long a person can live with this alcoholic lifestyle
7 dangerous things that smoking does to your skin
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: the process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: the nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
Related Tip: E-cigarettes : Good Or Bad?