Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B. H. RameshYour feedback matters!
Tooth decay is one of the most common diseases affecting the oral cavity. Dental cavities is a highly prevalent condition, especially among children. In most cases, improper hygiene leads to deposition of food on the tooth. This in turn is acted upon by harmful bacteria, thus releasing acid that dissolves the tooth structure. In most cases, the decay starts on the outside of the tooth and gradually reaches the inner layers.
Gum diseases and bad breath:
One would think that if you are decay free, you have a healthy mouth. However, overall oral health requires healthy gums as well. They cover the teeth and provide anchoring support to the jawbones. Minor infection (gingivitis) can progress to a severe condition (periodontitis), which causes teeth to shake and even fall out! It is one of the main causes of bad breath or halitosis too. Swelling of the gums gradually, leads to spontaneous bleeding, which is the first sign of trouble. This can be managed by simply improving oral hygiene. It is advisable to see the dentist.
Treat cavities and bleeding gums:
Listed below are some common methods to manage bleeding gums and bad breath:
- Brushing: Advisable at least twice a day using a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Flossing: Flossing removes plaque from between the teeth and reduces chances of decay and gum problems
- Eating Healthy: Bad food habits are one of the main reasons of bad breath. A bad digestive system manifests as bad breath and so eating healthy is very important for healthy gums. Adequate water, fiber, calcium and Vitamin C are essential for gum health, so ensure they find a place in your diet.
- Annual Dental Visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months. Simple procedures that do not require time or money like regular scaling will help improve the teeth and gum health while reduce bad breath issues.
I am 18 years old today morning while I am taking brush to my teeth I vomited blood from my throat Previously a one week back I observed the same situation, why it happened ?
I'm a 27 year male. I work in 24/7 shift and don't take food properly. Often I get sores on my tongue in a particular place. My inner mouth layer is damaged and I can't take hot foods now. Could this be a nerve damage?
How to cure bad breath issues permanently? I use orbit mint chewing gums whenever I go out. Is it advisable?
I met with an accident last year in feb due to which I lost upper 2 front teeth. I want to get a replacement now. Waht is the correct and safe procedure, how much will it cost and how much time will it take to be completely fine.
I am very fat and all body parts are very mainly and my teeth is dirty I tried many tooth powder but not effects.
Hi I am 29 aged, from past 1 year I am suffering with bad breath from throat. I have tried many things like mouthwash, chewing mint and chewing gum also but it didn't solve my problem. Please help me to get rid of bad breath from throat. Thanks.
Dental care is a part of human health which is often overlooked by a majority of the population. Teeth form a very important part of our body and not just for cosmetic reasons but for utilitarian reasons as well. It is important to maintain the health of our teeth at all times.
What is Tooth Enamel?
Tooth enamel is the tough outer covering of any teeth that is visible outside the gums. This is the layer which protects the nerve endings and is one of the strongest materials in the human body. This part of your teeth is especially susceptible to stress. While we eat, drink, chew, this is the layer that most exposed to damage and if eroded can cause permanent damage as well. Tooth enamel decay is mostly caused by a diet high in starches and sugar, excessive consumption of soft drinks, and excessive alcohol consumption, to name a few.
How can you keep your tooth enamel healthy and strong?
You can restore the health of your tooth enamel by implementing the following habits:
- Changing to a healthy diet - Changing to a low sugar diet will definitely improve the health of your enamel besides providing fewer chemicals, which are mainly responsible for tooth enamel decay.
- Using straws while consuming highly acidic drinks such a fruit juices - Straws are a great way to have highly acidic drinks like fruit juices without bothering your teeth and thus keeping enamel protected.
- Keeping the body hydrated - It is also important to keep the body hydrated to allow the formation of saliva properly. People with dry mouth often suffer from issues related to the tooth enamel and the best way to prevent it from happening this is by drinking plenty of water.
- Using a fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash - Using mouthwashes and toothpaste containing fluoride helps in building up tooth enamel as well helps in keeping teeth healthy.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth