Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B H Prakash Reddy
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B H Prakash ReddyYour feedback matters!
I met with an accident. Unfortunately my skin has went off on my face. Any best cream for skin regeneration.
My skin problems so many long time many doctor consult but no solution. Skin has many dark circles &pimples. Can be help me.
Acne is a condition that affects many people including teenagers and women during their menstruation period. It is characterised by red eruptions that are usually filled with oil, secreted by overactive oil glands in the hair follicles. So what else should you know about acne? Here are six things you probably did not know about this condition:
- Clogged Pores - Acne signifies clogged or blocked pores that are filled with oil and dead skin cells that have not been cleaned out completely. This mixture of oil and dead skin cells blocks the pores, and ends up creating an eruption of red sores called acne and pimples. There is a chance that bacteria may have joined these two substances as well.
- Over-Treating the Skin - The worst thing that you can do is to touch, pick or even apply too many harsh chemicals to your skin during an acne breakout. These things can actually make the problem worse, and even create scars in the long run! The constant use of cleansers and moisturisers can also have a harsh effect on the skin, due to the perfume and chemicals present in such products.
- Exfoliation - Using a salicylic acid wash or cleanser first thing in the morning will help in exfoliation, which is a good way to clear those dead skin cells from your skin. This will speed up the process of acne treatment as well, by clearing the pores. Also at night, the use of a medicated cream that contains benzoyl peroxide will help in killing the bacteria, so that there is no infection.
- Two Weeks Notice - Trying new products to treat acne is a great idea. But give every new product at least two weeks before you write it off. Usually, any good product will take at least that much time to affect the acne, and clear the pores in an effective way. So before you start switching cleansers and creams every other day, remember to use the two week thumb rule.
- Menstrual Cycle - Acne, more often than not, rears its head with an eruption or two about five days before and a few days after, the monthly menstrual cycle. So watch out for hormonal imbalances, which can cause acne and pimples. Avoid stress around this time too.
- Dermatologist - Visit a dermatologist if regular cleaning and over the counter creams are not working. Persistent acne may turn into infection. Remember to ask your dermatologist for an oil reducing formula too.
Acne is a skin problem that should be treated the right way. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 70 years old male. What should be blood urea level in my body my s. Creatinine is 1. 4. My ultra sound exams for prostate reads post void 5 ml. Please advise.
Dermal or skin fillers are natural or synthetic substances that are used to make a particular area on the face look plump, in other words 'fill' the skin produce younger looking, firmer, plumper skin. Usually used as injections, they plump up the skin just enough to make the wrinkle or the fine lines disappear. While Botox is also used as an injection, its intended use and area of use is different from fillers. Botox is most often used in the outer corners of the eyes and around the forehead.
Fillers are used in other areas mentioned below:
- The laugh lines or the nasolabial folds, lines that run from the nose to the mouth. Fillers can help smooth out the creases and add volume to this area.
- It can make the cheeks look fuller and provide a youthful appearance. Especially in the lower cheek areas, the fat pads shift constantly giving a hollowed out appearance. Fillers can be used in this area to produce younger appearance with fuller cheeks
- The undereye area, where there are depressions or hollows can produce a sagging, elderly look. Fillers used here can improve the appearance markedly
- Even out scars resulting from chicken pox or chronic acne
- Even out irregularities due to shifting fat pads, especially in the temple area or the lower cheek areas.
- Adding volume to thin lips, which again can make one appear old and aged
- Smoothing out vertical lines around the lip edges, which again produce an elderly appearance
These are some uses of dermal fillers. As mentioned, they can be natural or synthetic substances.
Natural fillers usually has hyaluronic acid and is usually effective immediately, but last for about 6 months to a year. In some people, subsequent filler injections produce effective results and the interval between injections may continue to increase. If you are
Synthetic ones on the other hand contain collagen or other similar chemicals, but can produce more long-lasting results. They can be semi-permanent or permanent.
When to use fillers: A great skin care regime can help delay the onset of ageing changes and also reduce the severity. However, despite it, after a certain stage, there would definitely be changes arising out of muscle movement, fat loss, chronic sun damage, ageing skin, etc. When these begin to bother you, then dermal fillers are a good option to consider.
However, a detailed discussion with your dermatologist including aspects of both should ensue. From the doctor's end, check for his skills, experience, technique used, testimonials and expenses. Discuss your skin type, risk tolerance, and potential side effects before choosing a treatment option. Once you opt for dermal fillers, the routine skin care with well tested products needs to continue, including aggressive care against sun damage.